Livingston - all the threads merged

Dylan Mackin signed on a 2 year deal. Big striker who was on loan to Alloa from Motherwell last season, and scored against us. Looking at his SPFL profile,he was a good development player for Motherwell, and Hoppy is offering him the chance to develop more with us and get first team football. Sounds like he could be a good player for us, good hold up player for Mullen or Carrick to play off too.

Wonder if we're still trying to get Todorov now as Dylan looks like the same kind of player.

Dylan Mackin signed on a 2 year deal. Big striker who was on loan to Alloa from Motherwell last season, and scored against us. Looking at his SPFL profile,he was a good development player for Motherwell, and Hoppy is offering him the chance to develop more with us and get first team football. Sounds like he could be a good player for us, good hold up player for Mullen or Carrick to play off too.

Wonder if we're still trying to get Todorov now as Dylan looks like the same kind of player.

I think we certainly need another proven goalscorer in there.
Along with a right back.
I'm more concerned just now with the goalkeeper scenario though. Maley is a *decent* backup but no where near first team due to him being part time.

Not sure we're going to get a proven goal scorer on our wages, or we'd have kept Buchanan. I'm hoping Mullen will step up to take over from Buchanan as a top goal scorer and Carrick will chip in with a fair few too. We needed a good strong hold up player to pair up with them too though and Mackin sounds like he'll fit that role. Cracking goal he scored against us in the 2-2 draw against Alloa last season, and held the ball up well against our big defenders.

Agree the goalkeeper is priority now though, and a RB would be good. But again not sure we'll get a RB, on our previous we'll most likely stick a midfielder in there, or play Crighton there again.

Big Toddy is a weapon, he'll rough up defences and create space for Mullen, Carrick and Peters, whichever one is on at the same time as him. Could do with improving his shooting though, squandered a few good chances that he created for himself last season. Delighted to see him back at Livi.

Todorov, Mullen, Carrick, Peters, Mackin

Pretty decent pool of depth for us, good cover for injuries and allows one to come on as a sub each time. Who gets left on the bench for the start of the season though?

Can see Mullen, Peters and Mackin possibly starting in a front three, able to move Mullen out and Carrick in same with Mackin and Todorov?

Could see us going back to a 343 like we have last season, Cadden/Mullen/Keaghan playing as wing backs/tracking back. It would explain the lack of a RB if we went Crighton, Halkett and Gallagher at the back

Edited by ATLIS

Mullen   Todorov
Byrne   Pittman   Jacobs
Longridge                                                   Mullin
Halkett   Gallagher   Crighton
Maley

Think that's how we're lining up as it is, but that's me not knowing too much about the players we've signed so could be well wrong, will all depend on how pre-season goes.

36 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ross Stewart? Signed for St Mirren a few weeks ago.

That'll be that then :D 

A few good GKs kicking around I'm sure, better than GM surely. If not I'm sure Rangers would let us take Kelly back for him to develop in the Championship but hopefully that's a last resort as we want a long term option

I'm happy with our opening day fixture, and I'm delighted to witness you guys unfurling the 1st division champions flag. It's a shame you'll get pumped on such a glorious day in your history tho :)

good luck in the league none the less tho guys, except against us of course. 

Nae bother mate, we'll return the pumping from our pre season game last season when we hump you silly in this opening game.:thumsup2

Shite festive fixtures, both away to far flung places, would've thought the arseholes at the SPFL would at least try and make one of them a bit more local for that time of year.

That'll be that then [emoji3] 

A few good GKs kicking around I'm sure, better than GM surely. If not I'm sure Rangers would let us take Kelly back for him to develop in the Championship but hopefully that's a last resort as we want a long term option

David Hutton is available. I heartily recommend that you sign him.

Just now, GordieBoy80 said:

David Hutton is available. I heartily recommend that you sign him.

If McCallum is around we'd probably take a punt instead, was here before and looked okay. Sorts out a long term option, faith in Hopkin though - almost all his signings worked out

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

If McCallum is around we'd probably take a punt instead, was here before and looked okay. Sorts out a long term option, faith in Hopkin though - almost all his signings worked out

Read him saying he had a couple of signings almost in the bag, and he hoped to have them done sometime next week, hope to feck one of them is a keeper. We're pretty much sorted everywhere else, could prob get away with not having a proper RB but we def need a keeper.