Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Burchill.
I reckon we would still be in the Championship if Burchill was still in charge. HOWEVER doubt we would have the current calibre of player if he was still in charge so swings and roundabouts.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

In agreement here, but here's a question. Who would've done better at this level, Burchill or Hopkin?

Yep agree with Logie, can't fault Hopkin's recruitment, he's signed a good looking squad of players, just wish he'd play them in the positions they're meant to be playing.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep agree with Logie, can't fault Hopkin's recruitment, he's signed a good looking squad of players, just wish he'd play them in the positions they're meant to be playing.

The same players he could've recommended as assistant?

Bit of unwarranted self-advertisement here (sorry about that, normally I contribute to P&B in a more constructive manner), but the club's Facebook account shared an article I wrote about the weird yellow-white strip Livi wore in 04/05. Thought it'd might be interesting for you guys to see too;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/livingston-f-c-home-shirt-20042005/

Facebook Post

What was the consensus on Xara as a supplier back in the day? I quite like this top I got to celebrate a title with the team in Football Manager, hope to add a second to the collection soon.

Bit of unwarranted self-advertisement here (sorry about that, normally I contribute to P&B in a more constructive manner), but the club's Facebook account shared an article I wrote about the weird yellow-white strip Livi wore in 04/05. Thought it'd might be interesting for you guys to see too;
https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/livingston-f-c-home-shirt-20042005/
Facebook Post
What was the consensus on Xara as a supplier back in the day? I quite like this top I got to celebrate a title with the team in Football Manager, hope to add a second to the collection soon.

An article meant to be written about an old Livi top where more than half the article is about us being a "franchise club" and even gets the classic ironic dig in about a sponsor called Intelligent Finance.

*yawn*

Logie is spot on btw, read it all before :huh:

Fwiw, One of our worst kits ever, only just outdone by the other kit you mentioned in the article imo. 

Xara was a decent quality top, although really heavy material, can't imagine running around for 90 minutes in it. 

Facebook Post

Kind of like the guys above unneeded history lesson there when it's about the top, came across as if you were taking a dig.

I like the top though reminds me of our premier league days and relegating Dundee. Top was decent enough to wear and I've still got it in decent nic, although it's way to small for me now. Better material than some of our Joma tops lately.

I understand that everyone's heard quite enough about franchises and such when it comes to Livi, but I hope you all understand that it is not my intention to take a few pot shots at the club. In fact, I've admitted to liking it in the article, and I've posted in this thread before (long time ago, but still) so it's absolutely not like I want to smear Livi.

However, when you're introducing a shirt of a smallish club to an international audience, you need to highlight what makes them unique, which in Livi's case is a somewhat chequered past. Note that I did not call the club a franchise, but rather used the examples of American teams and MK Dons to create context for readers that are not in the know. I fully understand that it's the same old that any fan will have heard a thousand times before, but nonetheless I don't want to pull any punches as the point is to give a bit of exposure to shirt, club, and their quirks, rather than be as positive as possible even when it's a club I have sympathy for.

I definitely appreciate everyone taking the time to read it and the feedback given here, will take it on board in trying to improve in the future.

Edited by DutchBorderer

Isn't really unusual for established teams to move to a new ground and new location, quite a few teams have done so. Most keep their old club/team name right enough but their grounds have had different names. Some have even been liquidated and kept their old name, some even pretend it didn't happen.

Just now, sam2304 said:

Quick question Livi fans, is there any charge for parking at the ground?

Don't, I repeat DONT park at the ground, it's a complete rip off £5 I think. 

Ample parking around Livingston, the college at the top of the hill, plenty spaces near the swimming pool at the top of the hill, there is a school at the other side of the stadium to park at, and even a new housing scheme just across the road from the ground that you could park at. 

Don't, I repeat DONT park at the ground, it's a complete rip off £5 I think. 
Ample parking around Livingston, the college at the top of the hill, plenty spaces near the swimming pool at the top of the hill, there is a school at the other side of the stadium to park at, and even a new housing scheme just across the road from the ground that you could park at. 

Many thanks indeed

Wonder what the possibility is of our game on Saturday being reversed, looking at the forecast on Saturday I can only see one outcome, and that's another postponement. 

Play saturdays game at Ochilview, obviously that's down to them, us and the spfl making that decision. 

Edit:- just checked and it wouldn't be possible, East Stirlingshire at home on Saturday, oh well, maybe head along to Alloa, Airdrie or one of the local junior games if any of them make it past the weather.

Edited by andylivi1

There's no doubt now we need a new pitch come summer. If the board/fundraising committee insist on a grass pitch, they must employ a groundsman and not piddle about with a PT retired duffer as they currently do. The ideal solution would be a 4G pitch, as I think it would bring benefits both playing wise and in a financial sense.