Livingston - all the threads merged

Good player when he's in the mood, unfortunately it isn't that often, and it's usually just in big games he scores goals. Don't think he suited Hopkin's style of play either though, Hopkin wants players to put in a shift tracking players and doing defensive work as well as attack, Hippo is pretty good if you give him the ball to go forward but wasn't always wanting to track back and defend.

He's still a young guy though so maybe he'll sort himself out and work on that attitude of his.

I wasn't a Hopkin fan and still have yet to be convinced but he's built a very decent team for this level and we are only a point of the top playing some good football most of the time. 

We aren't going to win every game, we are 7 games in and have 15 points, that's an acceptable start for me. 

Remember being in this league with Bollan as manager and we lost a couple of games at the beginning of the season?
I'd rather we rid of Martindale than Hopkin. I think he's a good coach but Martindale isn't. According to sources that's why Jamieson left.
We went into the game yesterday using tactics that won us the game against Brechin, we should have went to a back 4 after at least their second goal yesterday but we didn't for some reason.
Cadden is a show off who is a greedy wee shite on the ball. Teach him how to pass and that'll be another good way going forward.

Bollan wouldn't put a player up on the halfway line when we were defending corners and that annoyed me, Hopkin has 2 players up so i like that, it takes at least 3 opposition players back to mark them.

He's doing a lot better than I thought he would anyway, really thought we'd be mid table this season, or worse. His signings have been good and I like the way he sets the team out, there's only been two games we've struggled in and lost them both but that happens, both those teams are good, esp at home, and will take points off Brechin and Alloa too. Maybe switching to a back 4 would've worked but maybe it wouldn't have made any difference, we were struggling against balls hit into our box from all over the pitch, having a LB & RB with 2 CB's wouldn't have helped with that.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bollan wouldn't put a player up on the halfway line when we were defending corners and that annoyed me, Hopkin has 2 players up so i like that, it takes at least 3 opposition players back to mark them.

He's doing a lot better than I thought he would anyway, really thought we'd be mid table this season, or worse. His signings have been good and I like the way he sets the team out, there's only been two games we've struggled in and lost them both but that happens, both those teams are good, esp at home, and will take points off Brechin and Alloa too. Maybe switching to a back 4 would've worked but maybe it wouldn't have made any difference, we were struggling against balls hit into our box from all over the pitch, having a LB & RB with 2 CB's wouldn't have helped with that.

I'm surprised teams don't leave 3 on the halfway line, in and around the box it would be 7 defenders and the goalie against 5 attackers and the corner taker with the added bonus of 3 attackers against a couple of defenders and a couple of midfielders if you get the ball.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I'm surprised teams don't leave 3 on the halfway line, in and around the box it would be 7 defenders and the goalie against 5 attackers and the corner taker with the added bonus of 3 attackers against a couple of defenders and a couple of midfielders if you get the ball.

Airdrie do that now.    And we still concede at every corner.