The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Guest bernardblack

I'm stupid enough to think the XFL will work. The initial viewing figures were insane the first time round and hopefully he doesn't panic and start adding in wrestling elements again

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

I'm stupid enough to think the XFL will work. The initial viewing figures were insane the first time round and hopefully he doesn't panic and start adding in wrestling elements again

The documentary on it is a great watch.

If they actually sit down and plan it this time instead of Vince just making it up as he went along, they might actually get somewhere.

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Just channel surfing and noticed Freesports (Sky 424) is showing live 5 Star wrestling tomorrow night from Liverpool.

Advertising Rey Mysterio and RVD.

Anyone know anything about it?

https://5starwrestling.co.uk/news/8/5_star_wrestling_live_on_freesports%3A_all_you_need_to_know

Edited by Klanky

There’s a wrestling program on Sky channel 238 that actually may be filmed in a pub.

HCW is the name of the promotion. Did give me a bit of a laugh the other night when the commentator made reference to an “R K Joe”.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

There’s a wrestling program on Sky channel 238 that actually may be filmed in a pub.

Target Wrestling. It might well have been tbh.

Not a bad wee roster they've got. Not exactly masters of the production values though.

Guest bernardblack
It's a bit of a joke promotion. Booking big arenas and selling hundreds of tickets for them. Cancelled shows before because of it and aren't learning much.
Should get two or three decent shows before they go tits up though.

Same promotion that allegedly just refused to pay the talent last year?

Worth noting that the small bit I seen of it wasn't too bad. The crowd sounded dead but hard not to with a small crowd in a big arena. Loads of UK guys using the same music as each other was the bad point of decent production. Zack Gibson was fucking outstanding as always. Decent stuff with a new guy to my eyes called Eddie Ryan taking on Jack Swagger, and a real good tag match with Jody Fleisch and El Ligero vs. Big Grizzly and Dave Mastiff. Didn't get the chance to see much else but it wasn't terrible at all.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Well, Dundee Ice Arena definitely don't have it on their calendar, despite people contacting them. I can't see any responses they were given but it doesn't look good. I've sent an email myself to ask about it.

Aye I looked at their calendar. Just a blank space at that time.

They have hosted it before though, which gives me some hope it might be on.