The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Y2J's band (Fozzi) have tour dates this summer, they're playing Sonisphere at the end of July down near London, same weekend as T in the Park.

HHH is doing his stuff as Vince's right hand man just now, no need for him to wrestle.

I like how the ads for the All Star game are usually two people from different generations, a dream match if you will. They had HHH vs the Rock just there. laugh.gif

edit: it's actually Fozzy.

:unsure:

3 return to TNA to compete for a contract and the result:

Austin Aries beat Jimmy Rave and Kid Kash at the tapings yesterday

Hopefully in the run up to Destination X we will see the likes of Low Ki / Senshi, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Jay Lethal return to the company.

Hopefully in the run up to Destination X we will see the likes of Low Ki / Senshi, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Jay Lethal return to the company.

I'm guessing Jay Lethal will "come back" and win the X-Division title. I think they're doing a "Daniel Bryan" of sorts and working a firing as part of an angle.

is it just me or is Impact Wrestling actually more bearable to watch than RAW?

Granted I love R-Truth.. that's about all I can take from RAW.

Am I alone like the wee tadger waiting in the rain for a bus or am I in the homeless shelter, where people will agree in the hope I share my food?

is it just me or is Impact Wrestling actually more bearable to watch than RAW?

Granted I love R-Truth.. that's about all I can take from RAW.

Am I alone like the wee tadger waiting in the rain for a bus or am I in the homeless shelter, where people will agree in the hope I share my food?

I'm gonna be frank, they're both pretty shite on the whole.

IMO, and I can't stress this enough, it is my opinion.

Raw has the better writers, although they continually book people like Orton, Cena and Mysterio to win and have them beat the heels on a continual basis, they still have better writers. The finishes of matches tend to be better and feuds don't end up with a match with a stipulation and a "personal" thing on the line. They just end with half decent matches at the PPV. And they actually do end at the PPV. You don't get feuds going on for months and becoming stale.

TNA have the better wrestlers and I'd much rather watch a PPV main event on TNA rather than WWE. With the exception of Punk, I'd say that TNA have better all rounders as well.

On the whole I'd say Impact's better than Raw but both have good and bad points.

Explosion is better than them both!

I beleive the TNA PPV is on tonight on Challenge at 9pm

It started at 10. I was watching Big Daddy till about 10 to 11 but managed to flick over in time to see Abyss stinking up the joint.

On TNA's best day it doesn't even come close to Raw.

TNA is unbearable. And, aye, RAW has been hinking for the past 2 years, but it's still miles ahead of anything TNA put out.

Their last PPV had 52 year old Sting vs Ken Kennedy for f**k sake. A man in his 50's and their new world champion is a man who was so shite Orton asked for him to be fired and got his wish.

Seriously, I know WWE is pish, but TNA and the way it's booked make WWE look like something they were producing in '97.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I'm really enjoying Slammiversary, although it is the first TNA programming I have watched in months. Bully Ray vs AJ Styles was a great old school brawl, I felt the ending was a bit weak though. I also seen that Mickie James still hasn't learned how to do her finisher! :lol:

Maybe TNA will be bearable to watch if I wait another 6 months before watching it again.

TNA is unbearable. And, aye, RAW has been hinking for the past 2 years, but it's still miles ahead of anything TNA put out.

Their last PPV had 52 year old Sting vs Ken Kennedy for f**k sake. A man in his 50's and their new world champion is a man who was so shite Orton asked for him to be fired and got his wish.

Seriously, I know WWE is pish, but TNA and the way it's booked make WWE look like something they were producing in '97.

Are you trying to suggest that Orton is better than Kennedy/Anderson? (no need for spoiler tags so I'm not gonna bother)

I'd much rather watch Anderson do either a promo or wrestle a match than Orton.

The PPV must've just ended so I can say it now, Angle vs Anderson for the title should be a good feud, two good wrestlers and the heel being the better mic worker, in current styles.

edit: just realised that you spoiler'd it cause it hadn't aired when you posted, apologies.

Edited by forehead7

TNA is by far and away superior in my opinion, but that is because WWE couldn't care less anymore. They don't have any real competition, and for the forseeable future will be top dog, doing whatever they want.

Sting in his 50s, that's about the same age Hogan was in his last run as WWE Champion, they also had an even older Ric Flair as Tag Team and Intercontinental Champ in his return to the company.