The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

There's a lot of fun cruise things like that in the states. I'd love to see someone do something similar in the UK going to Europe or something. I'd be all over it like a rash. It's mostly band hosted music festivals but that one looks unreal.

20 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

There's a lot of fun cruise things like that in the states. I'd love to see someone do something similar in the UK going to Europe or something. I'd be all over it like a rash. It's mostly band hosted music festivals but that one looks unreal.

It would be wall to wall neckbeards perspiring profusely!

What All In has proven is that with the right marketing, it's a very achievable aim to sell it out.

Finally watched the four NJPW Dominion matches I was wanting to see.

The Young Bucks vs. LIJ was great. I love how a team known for their total non selling for years have suddenly become amazing at it. Matt Jackson, not content with selling an injury during a match, has been selling the same injury for fucking ages and doing so well, and it now looks like Nick is joining him. They're changing things up ever so slightly and it's making them even better to watch than they already were.

Ospreay vs. Takahashi was mad. The counter exchanges and the speed of them were unreal, and some of the bumps both guys were taking were brutal. The one where Ospreay counters a Triangle Choke by just dumping Takahashi on his head was a highlight. Loved the very definitive finish as well. NJPW often goes full pelt on kickouts ( not that I mind ) so this felt kinda fresh.

Where WWE went wrong with Jericho was that they were still booking him like Jericho of old. NJPW are bringing out all the smoke and mirrors, and playing to Jericho's big strength right now, which is that there aren't many guys who can reinvent themselves and immerse themselves in any character quite like Jericho can. It means turning any match into a wild brawl makes sense and they can cover up his weaker points. NJPW are booking a 2018 Chris Jericho like people SHOULD be booking a 2018 Chris Jericho, and it's turned him into one of the most interesting things in wrestling yet again. The Naito match is a wild, crazy fight, and the visuals with Naito's eye were great.

Okada/Omega IV. Love it, love it, love it. I didn't enjoy the WK match as much as most, but they followed that up with two great matches. None of them touched this one though. Watching matches that last an hour or more can be a chore, but I actually watched this one AGAIN not long after the first viewing. It was that easy to sit through. They played off the previous matches brilliantly. Some cracking mirroring of the WK match ( how they got the timing of some of that stuff so perfect, I have no idea ) and playing off the match a year previously in bits and bobs too. Helped that the match was ridiculously involving. After the first viewing I almost felt exhausted. I could see this being pretty high on my favourite matches ever, but I'll need to watch it again further down the line.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Meltzer gave Okada/Omega IV seven stars. Which kinda makes sense since that is now his benchmark.

"How do his ratings hold a lot of sway? They've not been relevant for years, if ever."

A direct quote from yourself there. 

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Big Australian show announced...

Network special hopefully. I imagine that it will be a glorified house show like the Greatest Royal Rumble. Should be some crowd though as the MCG is huge