The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The full card is announced for PROGRESS on Sunday, including a minor change.

PROGRESS Championship
Travis Banks (c) vs. Chris Brookes

WWE UK Championship
Pete Dunne (c) vs. Joseph Conners

PROGRESS Tag Team Championships
Grizzled Young Vets ( James Drake and Zack Gibson ) vs. Moustache Mountain ( Tyler Bate and Trent Seven )

Will Ospreay vs. Adam Brookes

Mark Andrews vs. Chris Ridgeway

Mark Haskins and Jimmy Havoc vs. Aussie Open ( Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis )

Millie McKenzie and Charli Evans vs. Bea Priestley and Nina Samuels

Loving the change to the Brookes/Ridgeway match meaning we get two absolute crackers to show for it. Not overly stacked but there's nothing there that I'm not looking forward to. Roll on Sunday!

That's shite for Paige, it seemed like she was back on track after the injury and all the Del Rio nonsense.

Mark Henry has apparently quietly retired. The first decade of his career was shit, but he became one of my favourites after 2006. His fake retirement promo was incredible.

On 04/01/2018 at 22:49, JamieStevenson said:

Watched Y2J vs Omega there, a rare slow burning treat. What a b*****d Jericho can be, the greatest. Might try and catch a few of the other matches over the weekend. NJPW gets exhausting real quick so have to select my matches carefully. For the most part the ones Randy listed are the ones I'll be trying to see.

Omega is fantastic in the ring and can go like f**k. I simply can't buy into him as a character,  though. He comes down to the ring with a big plastic gun and does Final Fantasy type poses with it. His gimmick is essentially that he's a cosplayer. 

He's as well sticking to NJPW where he'll remain the big deal. I reckon very few would buy into him in WWE. 

Cody, though, he's a different story. Guy has it all. 

Mark Henry was a very useful guy to have about from his WWECW run onwards. Took him a VERY long time to get his shit together and realise what did and didn't work for him, but when he got there, he was consistent at least, and had some cracking rivalries as well. Also had a fucking great entrance theme for that time as well.

That’s heartbreaking for Paige.

Mark Henry grew to be a great hoss. His Hall of Pain run was a decent watch and apparently he’s a great guy behind the scenes. Fairly certain he was the one that raised Bryan’s hand that RAW when the whole crowd was cheering for Bryan over the Authority.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

That’s heartbreaking for Paige.

Mark Henry grew to be a great hoss. His Hall of Pain run was a decent watch and apparently he’s a great guy behind the scenes. Fairly certain he was the one that raised Bryan’s hand that RAW when the whole crowd was cheering for Bryan over the Authority.

Terrible news for Paige, being reported all over the place. Just when she had got it all back on track and was gearing up for the Rumble.

Wasn't pleasant seeing her struggle to get up in the video.

That tweet, could it have not been a little more tactful than simply 'Paige is finished.'

Paige is such a young lassie as well, such a shame. Her Robert Smith lipstick job since coming back was superb.

On Kenny Omega's entrance, I think I read that he wanted to go full Triple H Mania style extravagance, and NJ went nut but you can do this...and final fantasy style thingy is what we got.

Guest bernardblack
The full card is announced for PROGRESS on Sunday, including a minor change.
PROGRESS Championship
Travis Banks © vs. Chris Brookes
WWE UK Championship
Pete Dunne © vs. Joseph Conners
PROGRESS Tag Team Championships
Grizzled Young Vets ( James Drake and Zack Gibson ) vs. Moustache Mountain ( Tyler Bate and Trent Seven )

Will Ospreay vs. Adam Brookes
Mark Andrews vs. Chris Ridgeway
Mark Haskins and Jimmy Havoc vs. Aussie Open ( Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis )
Millie McKenzie and Charli Evans vs. Bea Priestley and Nina Samuels
Loving the change to the Brookes/Ridgeway match meaning we get two absolute crackers to show for it. Not overly stacked but there's nothing there that I'm not looking forward to. Roll on Sunday!

How was it? The tag match sounds excellent