The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Went to the ITR Live show with Heyman at the ABC last night.

Brilliant night with loads of stories and back & forth stuff with the crowd.

Spoke very highly of Dallas and ICW aswell.

Minter for the absolute wullypiece that got turfed out for running his mouth.

I was sitting next to him. He left a bunch of signed merch when he got threw out so picked that up. Why would you pay £90 to try and heckle the best in the business at talking. Fanny.

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

What was the heckle btw?

Couldn't make out what the specifics were but it was after someone asked Heyman if he knew in advance that the streak was going to end...

Heyman then brought up the conspiracy theory that it was scheduled to go 22-0 but Brock went into business for himself and they just went along with it.

Watched this week's episode of the Cruiserweight Classic, and had my first real exposure to Sabre Jr.

No amount of Daniel Bryan screaming over nothing holds could move me from the following reaction:

giphy.gif

Am I missing something? Or was that a poor spectacle by his standards?

The third episode of the cwc was the first I've watched and I can understand why some fans may not find it to their taste. Fewer theatrics and a hell of a lot of mat based and submission stuff, still thought it was pretty good though, the Kendrick match in particular was very good fun. 

ZSJ is brilliant but he's definitely one for the purists. There's a lot of rough diamonds in there. Kendricks opponent, Nese and ZSJ are all certainly worth further looks in terms of development for a Cruiserweight division. 

I'll have a look at the other two episodes tomorrow. Dar and Gallagher are up next week though. Obviously hoping and expecting a deal to be given to Dar because of his ability mixed with the fact he's just turned 23 today. Gallagher is just a wee bit too world of sport for my tastes. 

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Not expecting everyone to enjoy the style but I thought it was a very well put together match for a 10 minute showcase

The finish to the Nese match was horrendous! 

It was awful. Not sure how they could get it that wrong when it wasn't an angle.

On Sabre, it's obvious he's very good at what he does, but I suppose I'm just not really a fan of that style. Any great "technical" guys I've watched and enjoyed before had some sort of spark that he just didn't have in that match for me. Happy to give him another go - maybe his next opponent will give him something different.

Watching CWC now, and have to say I agree with ZSJ being a bit meh. He seems very talented obviously but the match just seems so slow, like duxe has been told to let him get his spots in with little going the other way. Plus he also sounds incredibly dull in the promo segments.

Reigns biting on one of Conor McGregor's tweets. Please tell me we won't have a match between the two of them?

I doubt it, looks to me like McGregor doing his usual and mouthing off for the sake of it.