Pregnancy And Parenting

Catherine is 3 in May and not potty trained. She's done a shite twice on the potty but that's her limit. She says she doesn't want to come out of nappies because they keep her bum warm [emoji38] can't argue with that tbh.
We really didnt push it until she was 3 and realised we better get it sorted before nursery. Shiting was a nightmare for a wee while as documented on here. Theres a lot to be said for hanging fire until they are ready. A lit of what we read said dont rust them out of nightitme nappies so its only in the last few weeks we took them away and she has probably only had 3 or 4 accidents in the space of six weeks or so

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
Catherine is 3 in May and not potty trained. She's done a shite twice on the potty but that's her limit. She says she doesn't want to come out of nappies because they keep her bum warm emoji38.png can't argue with that tbh.

We really didnt push it until she was 3 and realised we better get it sorted before nursery. Shiting was a nightmare for a wee while as documented on here. Theres a lot to be said for hanging fire until they are ready. A lit of what we read said dont rust them out of nightitme nappies so its only in the last few weeks we took them away and she has probably only had 3 or 4 accidents in the space of six weeks or so

Totally agree with you. Think we will have more success in the better weather, she hates being cold (just like her mother) and letting her run about without a nappy on is meant to help with training. Besides, we've had so much going on and she's had enough upheaval with a new arrival and her mum being ill to worry about shitting in a potty. She'll be fine.

Taking my son to get his MMR vaccine this morning.  Have heard this can be a bit upsetting for them but it's for the best.  He dealt with his last round really well, stopped crying by the time he was out in the waiting room.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Taking my son to get his MMR vaccine this morning.  Have heard this can be a bit upsetting for them but it's for the best.  He dealt with his last round really well, stopped crying by the time he was out in the waiting room.

They forget quick at that age more upsetting for the parents than the kids imo (there was something in my eye, honestly) It's when they get the next lot and know what's going on it's tough. Catherine had to get a flu jab and went on for days about how the lady at the doctors hit her on the arm.

As just posted in another thread. I/We have decided a few weeks ago that I will become a full time Daddy. My wife will continue with her work

First few weeks have been very nervous and mistakes have happened, I'm enjoying most of but it tough.
Expect me more on this thread for help and tips.

This is no short term fix, I'm doing it until she starts kindergarten.

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

As just posted in another thread. I/We have decided a few weeks ago that I will become a full time Daddy. My wife will continue with her work

First few weeks have been very nervous and mistakes have happened, I'm enjoying most of but it tough.
Expect me more on this thread for help and tips.

This is no short term fix, I'm doing it until she starts kindergarten.

Don't throw them off bridges in to rivers.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Went through this 25 yrs ago, the first few weeks are awful, but it does ease, it might not seem like now, but it does, just got to tough it out and be there

Genuinely sorry to hear this, hope you're all getting through it. Went through the same experience before and it's absolutely shite.  It's not easy putting your own feelings on the back burner to make sure your Mrs is OK, don't be feart to talk about it.

So it’s been a while but it seems to hit you in waves when you least expect it or think you’re ‘over it’ or ‘getting there’.

Been about 6 weeks or so now and although I’d say I’m fine overall, those times I’ve been on my own with nothing to do but think, pretty much suck. Also those times when you have company but let your mind wander or someone says something that takes you back, are pretty hard going.

Don’t even know where I’m going with this but sometimes I think it would be good if those mind-wiping devices from Men In Black were real.

Mate, you never completely forget but the gaps between these horrible waves get longer and you just get on.

Grief is a c**t, especially when nobody really thinks you're grieving and the support and attention rightly is focussed on your Mrs.

It just takes time. This is what makes us.

55 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Mate, you never completely forget but the gaps between these horrible waves get longer and you just get on.

Grief is a c**t, especially when nobody really thinks you're grieving and the support and attention rightly is focussed on your Mrs.

It just takes time. This is what makes us.

Eddie here is spot on. You won't forget, but eventually you'll get to a point where you don't think about your loss every day. You'll feel guilty for not thinking about it or "forgetting" for a while when you do remember, but that will pass too. People that haven't dealt with this kind of loss will struggle to understand or think that it's easier to get over because you never met your baby - and you're allowed to punch these people in the face. In your head, you met them, you gave them a face and a personality, you imagined a future and then it was gone. There are plenty here that do understand and you should talk about your grief, it's an important part of the process. Yes, others will focus on your wife, but you need support too. When I miscarried while with my first husband, my mum and sister flapped around me. My dad took my husband aside and gave him a huge hug. My parents had been there too, my dad knew what he needed, and there are dads on here too that will understand what you're dealing with. Please come back here and post if you need an outlet. It's sadly common, but not talked about enough, especially where dads are concerned. 

So it’s been a while but it seems to hit you in waves when you least expect it or think you’re ‘over it’ or ‘getting there’.

Been about 6 weeks or so now and although I’d say I’m fine overall, those times I’ve been on my own with nothing to do but think, pretty much suck. Also those times when you have company but let your mind wander or someone says something that takes you back, are pretty hard going.

Don’t even know where I’m going with this but sometimes I think it would be good if those mind-wiping devices from Men In Black were real.

Mate I can back you up on this. About 2 year before my Mrs fell pregnant with our last, she suffered a miscarriage and she was absolutely devastated.
We knew there was complications and were in Wishaw all weekend until she was discharged, but then back in on the Wednesday to be told there was no heartbeat.
Its absolutely soul destroying and I won't pretend it leaves you quickly, because it doesn't, but you need to pick yourself up and drag your Mrs through it with you to the other side, you will both need each other [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks both. It’s weird what you said there about guilt LM. I was thinking earlier on today that this week has pretty much been a good week, but then I realised I hadn’t really thought about that day this week, then all of a sudden felt this overwhelming feeling of guilt for having not thought about it, and that’s kind of what sent me on this train of thought I guess. I’m realising now that it’s probably only natural feeling this way and it probably is a sign of getting over it, but it just kind of threw me a bit.

My da is old school, we don't do the emotional bit ever, but he said something that has stuck to this day.

He said that whatever happened was maybe somehow for the best. That the baby maybe wasn't completely healthy and had it hung on,  might have had to live a hard life. It was better we dealt with the pain than a wee baby did.

We had been told we couldn't have weans before this first experience, so it seemed like a particularly cruel twist of fate.

Mate I can back you up on this. About 2 year before my Mrs fell pregnant with our last, she suffered a miscarriage and she was absolutely devastated.
We knew there was complications and were in Wishaw all weekend until she was discharged, but then back in on the Wednesday to be told there was no heartbeat.
Its absolutely soul destroying and I won't pretend it leaves you quickly, because it doesn't, but you need to pick yourself up and drag your Mrs through it with you to the other side, you will both need each other [emoji106][emoji106]

Cheers mate. Tbh, my missus is a total trooper and is doing great. Just me that’s been having a bit of an emotional-wobble today for no obvious reason other than having a bit of time alone with my thoughts.

Fucking shite when the Bo’ness game gets called off! [emoji1]