Pregnancy And Parenting

Can’t believe my wee girl is now 2 and a half, next month she has her very first dance show.

Can’t believe she’s gone from a wee baby in my arms, to kicking a ball better than me and skinning me, and doing her first ever dance show.

One proud as hell father here.

10 hours ago, keithgy said:

The social work have reported the case to them as they don't want them going back to the mother,they have no legal right to take child off the mother only the  police do.

Must be an awful situation for you and your wife (the kids too). All the best mate.

10 hours ago, keithgy said:

The social work have reported the case to them as they don't want them going back to the mother,they have no legal right to take child off the mother only the  police do.

Best of luck Keith. Sounds like a shit business especially for the kids.

8 hours ago, velo army said:

Ach I served on the children's panel for a while. It's all very compassionately done. I hope it goes well for you sir and I'm sure it will. They err on the side of stability and family. 

All the best.

Well, that should swing it in favour of Keith and June.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, that should swing it in favour of Keith and June.

Aye the way we’re trained is to keep the wean with the mother wherever possible. If that isn’t then it’s a responsible family member who is willing and capable. 

It sounds daunting, but it’s a panel of three laypersons who are compassionate and want what’s best for the child. It seems like that’s already in place. 

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye the way we’re trained is to keep the wean with the mother wherever possible. If that isn’t then it’s a responsible family member who is willing and capable. 

It sounds daunting, but it’s a panel of three laypersons who are compassionate and want what’s best for the child. It seems like that’s already in place. 

Very good but I'd hope there is someone with experience and knowledge involved as well. I mean in general.

12 hours ago, keithgy said:

The kids are the most important thing  and will see what Thursday brings but the social work are behind us 100%

I'd say you're home in a boat, but they still have to go through the process to keep everything legal.

12 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Had a pre hearing yesterday where were were made relevent people in the eyes of the panel,also the kids were excused from attending future hearings due to age.

All the best with it to you and your wife Keith, I know people in the same boat and it’s not an easy situation. Grandparents seem to be far more important in this day and age, to what they used to be. Have a great Christmas 

We have the final (hopefully, please..) Court date for getting full adoption of our little rascal. It's a hellishly long process (3 years if you include the whole adoption meetings etc) but I understand that it has to be thorough process. Hopefully early January brings the best present.  The various children's panel/LAC reviews have always been fair and professional. 

14 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

We have the final (hopefully, please..) Court date for getting full adoption of our little rascal. It's a hellishly long process (3 years if you include the whole adoption meetings etc) but I understand that it has to be thorough process. Hopefully early January brings the best present.  The various children's panel/LAC reviews have always been fair and professional. 

Aye, it can be a bit wearing, but as you say, has to be thorough and transparent.

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Well we got the social work and police reports last night and they are not good reading for us,will see what 11am brings and even i she turns up.

Take care, sorry you’re having go through all this.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, it can be a bit wearing, but as you say, has to be thorough and transparent.

He has been placed with us for pretty much two of the three years so that helped.  I'm just annoyed that we got a posh bottle of champagne for our wedding and we agreed to keep it until the final court decision....