Pregnancy And Parenting

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Rugster said:

Fraser got home today! Two months old exactly. We're all absolutely delighted, so good to have him home at last. 

How are things now?

That’s a fine head of hair!
Its absolutely mental. Her wee sister is going the same way. Its actually a lot longer than it appears on that pic.

Had a fantastic day today through at the Xmas market. She pushes my buttons like an absolute expert sometimes but absooutely melted my heart today on multiple occassions. One of they days where you remember that its fucking class having kids.

Christmas lights switched on in the village last night preceded by Santa Claus going round the houses distributing Christmas presents. Both events went down a treat with the 3 year old grandaughter, who even condescended to get her photo taken with Santa.

I mind going through a phase of the missus playing white noise in the bedroom when she was going to sleep.  Fucking hell, better that acid.  I started hearing all sorts of weird shit in the background after about 10 minutes (eg symphonic music merged with napalm death).

Need to get back on it. 

I just spent the last 3 hours trying every trick in the book to get my little b*****d cherub to go to sleep. I finally managed it with the help of a white noise track on youtube piped through my bluetooth speaker into his cot. What happens next? Of course I get cold called and the wee lad is wide awake after having the phone ringing diverted to the speaker right next to his ear.

:bairn

:lol: typical.

Before we bought this house we lived in a flat with internal stairs. If Bea fell asleep in the pram I would detach the cot part and put it on the landing next to the stairs, which had our house phone. I used to just leave the house phone unplugged as both my wife and I are in our twenties so who needs a house phone? On one particularly difficult day where I had to walk her round in her pram for what felt like hours before she finally drifted off I left her next to the landing as usual when after five minutes the fucking phone rang and woke her up (undoubtedly a sales call). I was so angry at that point. Turns out when my mother in law had visited she noticed our house phone was unhooked so plugged it all in again. Looking back that seems like the pettiest thing ever but at that point I was so pissed off. New house has no house phone.

Our 3 year old granddaughter is messing about with the hoover, switching it on then putting against her arm, dress etc. She went to set it against her face and I said "No, you'll lose your eye." "Why, I've got this one (pointing to her other eye) Doh!"

(The hoover is now disconnected at the socket.)

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We have the children reporters panel on Thursday to see if the kids are to stay with us full time.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that exactly?
And what are the alternatives if you don't get them?