Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm sure you're all in happy and committed marriages that will last a lifetime, but just say it doesn't, and you meet someone you fall in love with later who wants a child? Something to consider imo.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure you're all in happy and committed marriages that will last a lifetime, but just say it doesn't, and you meet someone you fall in love with later who wants a child? Something to consider imo.

I got sterilised after I left my ex husband.  I’ve got three kids, I’ve been pregnant 7 times and after the delivery of my 3rd I had complications and half the hospital staff in my uterus. My body is done. If I meet someone else then tough titties if they want kids.

If that happens then I'll still think two is enough. The only thing that I think would make me want more would be if something happened to my daughter or baby number 2, in which case I have no idea how I would feel.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Two is plenty. I think we are right on the cusp of the fighting starting. The wee one is starting to show a wee bit of interest in shoving/striking the big one back when she is throwing her weight about. Part of me is pleased about that, but it will escalate.  

You are darned tooting that it will escalate. Youngest grandson is is now 18 months and almost half the size of his brother. He has now learned to wrap his arms around his big brother and body slams the pair of them to the ground. We shouldn’t really find it funny but it usually is.

Would people who have had two or more kids recommend having more that just the one? Recommend is probably the wrong word but anyway.

The wife is keen for having a second. Our wee man is currently 3 and a half, and all things considered was a great baby, but it seems like a total nightmare to me going through it all again.

I really don’t know if I want to go through it all again with the added responsibility of having to look after/keep happy the current one.

I got a slap on the jaw tonight from Catherine because I was putting her to bed and she didn't want to go. She's getting a bit too fond of raising her hands. Minx. 
My oldest does. And is also just a wee bit too fond of using her feet too. Not neccessarily kicking, using them to push her wee sister away too.

Aye we're at a similar stage. Depending on her mood she can give you a right good kick in the chest when we change her nappy. She's getting a bit too regular with the odd slap as well but it appears she's only doing that to us and not her cousins.

It's just a case of a firm "No!" but trying to prevent a smile when she just stares at you is very difficult.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye we're at a similar stage. Depending on her mood she can give you a right good kick in the chest when we change her nappy. She's getting a bit too regular with the odd slap as well but it appears she's only doing that to us and not her cousins.

It's just a case of a firm "No!" but trying to prevent a smile when she just stares at you is very difficult.

I'm terrible at discipline. I always end up laughing. At the wee one's nursery they do "time outs" so we've carried it on at home but the other day Catherine told Ruggy he needed a time out and was pointing her finger at him. What are you meant to do with that? I was hiding behind a cushion laughing.

I'm terrible at discipline. I always end up laughing. At the wee one's nursery they do "time outs" so we've carried it on at home but the other day Catherine told Ruggy he needed a time out and was pointing her finger at him. What are you meant to do with that? I was hiding behind a cushion laughing.
Had she read some of his posts on here?

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:
8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Had she read some of his posts on here?

I should have shown her some of yours when I was trying to get her to sleep last night :P

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

I got a slap on the jaw tonight from Catherine because I was putting her to bed and she didn't want to go. She's getting a bit too fond of raising her hands. Minx. 

Just a stage hopefully. Everything so far for us has just been a stage. When I picked up my boy I could tell when he was gearing up to slap so was able to hold his wrist and tell him firmly. Then he would try to headbutt! 

He went through a stage of going prone and headbutting the ground which he grew out of fairly quick.

My mate has a wee girl who turns into a demon at the drop of a hat.she was happily playing away and he went to put her coat on and she just started snarling and scratching out of nowhere then back to playing nice. It was like when Bilbo went to grab the ring from Frodo.

I've no idea how I would be able to deal with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update. Wife is now 7nhalf month all is good. Got a little panicked earlier as the test were no all good, however everything has smoothed out.
I personally still don't want to know the gender, love a surprise.
Taken a few days holiday next month Sept, to take the wee boy away and spoil him (his birthday on the 12th). As still unsure how he will be when the new one arrives.

Names....we have 2 names here. Nickname and official name. I'm got the nickname as the last times.
I'm thinking Alba. Boy or girl. Easy for the Thais to pronounce