Pregnancy And Parenting

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My niece gave birth to a healthy daughter early this morning a couple of hours after her contractions started, her first birth. She's fine but has a third degree tear. Googled it and wished I hadn't, sounds fucking horrendous. I've had an anal fissure before which was the worst thing I've experienced, but this sounds worse.

Any P+Bers had a third degree tear?

On 02/03/2018 at 10:36, Sergeant Wilson said:

Congratulations. Remember, I'm a midwife, or as good as. Any questions, fire away. 

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My niece gave birth to a healthy daughter early this morning a couple of hours after her contractions started, her first birth. She's fine but has a third degree tear. Googled it and wished I hadn't, sounds fucking horrendous. I've had an anal fissure before which was the worst thing I've experienced, but this sounds worse.

Yep. Don't recommend it. 

I got the option of forceps with a high chance of a tear or or being physically cut open down there :shutup
I'd rather have a small scar below my stomach than my fanny ripped all the way to my arse. Thank you Raigmore doctor for agreeing to my section.
Yer Da.mitre-mouldmaster.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Yep. Don't recommend it. 

How long did it take to heal? I spent months in terror of my morning shite and could barely walk until I found a sympathetic doctor to prescribe extra strong steroid cream. That was just an anal fissure, my niece had stitches tunnel to tunnel. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

How long did it take to heal? I spent months in terror of my morning shite and could barely walk until I found a sympathetic doctor to prescribe extra strong steroid cream. That was just an anal fissure, my niece had stitches tunnel to tunnel. 

Don't kick her in the pie, unless you can afford to lose a shoe.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I can't really remember if I'm honest. It was a week or two before I could sit comfortably but new babies keep you so busy it's all a bit of a blur now. Certainly way before my 6 week check up I was OK but I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took. 

1 minute ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I can't really remember if I'm honest. It was a week or two before I could sit comfortably but new babies keep you so busy it's all a bit of a blur now. Certainly way before my 6 week check up I was OK but I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Wife was cut with the first and tore with the second, I’ll never forget the noise it made when she was cut. I remember making a remark to put two or three extra stitches in, which the midwife didn’t appreciate. 

15 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Just seen this thread now, congrats to both Chris & Throbber on your healthy arrivals!

Got the 20 week scan on the 19th, absolutely convinced it’s a girl we’re having.

Aye but what’s the stitches target?