Pregnancy And Parenting

Alex gave up his dummy on Thursday. Put it in the bin and said the fairies will get him a present.

Since then, no fuss no complaints no moaning for it. For a kid that couldn't go anywhere without it I am Ecstatic.

First time I've done the needy thing on P & B.  Not fishing for love, just advice.   

I have the scan for our 5th child after 3 losses in a row, next Monday.   Chromosome checks have confirmed the presence of Patau Syndrome - something we only learned on Monday - weeks after I ejaculated into her.    Next week I will almost certainly be comforting my wife and sexual partner.   

How does IVF work?    Is it advanced enough to manipulate the egg/sperm?    What about treatment on the NHS, how long does it take?    

Spleen venting, but anything returned very welcome.   

#perthshire.  

been in the hospital all day with the wee one for this. They think she's allergic to the protein in cows milk. She's over 5 weeks now though and it's only came on the past week so a bit unsure about it. It's heartbreaking seing her like that but she doesn't seem in pain thankfully. She's on antibiotics with cream and we're weaning her off the sma and on to nutramigen. Hopefully it all works, her skins rougher than my arse after a night on the Guinness. 20180214_102027.jpg

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

been in the hospital all day with the wee one for this. They think she's allergic to the protein in cows milk. She's over 5 weeks now though and it's only came on the past week so a bit unsure about it. It's heartbreaking seing her like that but she doesn't seem in pain thankfully. She's on antibiotics with cream and we're weaning her off the sma and on to nutramigen. Hopefully it all works, her skins rougher than my arse after a night on the Guinness. 20180214_102027.jpg

I’ve been through this with my wee one. Drop me a Pm anytime.

14 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

First time I've done the needy thing on P & B.  Not fishing for love, just advice.   

I have the scan for our 5th child after 3 losses in a row, next Monday.   Chromosome checks have confirmed the presence of Patau Syndrome - something we only learned on Monday - weeks after I ejaculated into her.    Next week I will almost certainly be comforting my wife and sexual partner.   

How does IVF work?    Is it advanced enough to manipulate the egg/sperm?    What about treatment on the NHS, how long does it take?    

#perthshire.  

IVF is hell. I’ve seen people go through it and break them. Huge strain on marriages.

You both need be physically and emotionally strong.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Nothing to offer other than love for your wee soul.   Ask questions and get her home asap.  xx

31 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

#perthshire.  

I’ve no words of comfort PB, just to say my thoughts are with you and yours

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Bless her, hope you get her sorted 

43 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

#perthshire.  

Not sure this the place for answers to a very rare problem, and you have my sympathies, for what they're worth. I doubt that science has developed enough to manipulate eggs and sperm on a chromosomal level to help you with this, rare problems don't get much funding. My idiot reading of it is that your 6th attempt would not be determined by the past, but if the risk is too painful and you really want a third child, adoption might be an option. Again, my sympathies, and I don't know anything.

I’ve been through this with my wee one. Drop me a Pm anytime.

Cheers to you and everyone else. She's fine within herself and has drifted off to sleep nicely so hopefully she has a good kip. I'm gonna try stay up as long as possible to let her mum get a sleep, she's been really emotional with it all blaming herself to begin with (We had been told by the health visitor it was baby acne so just followed her advice) but she's calmed down aswell so fingers crossed from here.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure this the place for answers to a very rare problem, and you have my sympathies, for what they're worth. I doubt that science has developed enough to manipulate eggs and sperm on a chromosomal level to help you with this, rare problems don't get much funding. My idiot reading of it is that your 6th attempt would not be determined by the past, but if the risk is too painful and you really want a third child, adoption might be an option. Again, my sympathies, and I don't know anything.

Appreciate your reply.   Yer maths is shite, but that matters nout.   

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hope it goes well pb. I have no experience of it so can't offer any help.

You always hear how amazing it is having kids (it's better than that) but it's harder than anything you could imagine when it comes to illness and things like your going through.

I'm cool and delighted to talk about stuff.   There's a select few the breed on other members' misfortune.   Generally there's love in air.   Appreciate your kind words grums!!   Cheers!! 

9 hours ago, grumswall said:

One of the children we fostered was allergic to cows' milk, although it was only diagnosed after he came to us - he was 3 months old - but I can't remember what we got for him. Once his feed was changed everything cleared up.

8 hours ago, grumswall said:

Cheers to you and everyone else. She's fine within herself and has drifted off to sleep nicely so hopefully she has a good kip. I'm gonna try stay up as long as possible to let her mum get a sleep, she's been really emotional with it all blaming herself to begin with (We had been told by the health visitor it was baby acne so just followed her advice) but she's calmed down aswell so fingers crossed from here.

Yeah I blamed myself as my boobs didn’t work for a start! I had months being told was just colic/reflux/cradle cap My wee girl had no top layer skin and was red raw see pic. Within a week of finally getting diagnosed and put on prescribed milk she healed up.  We discovered at weaning she actually has loads of food allergies. But most kids don’t and grown out of cmpa but 2.

4132153F-7CBB-4D41-805C-676DD44F40EC.png

IVF is hell. I’ve seen people go through it and break them. Huge strain on marriages.
You both need be physically and emotionally strong.
Been through it five times - after every one failed the wife made me promise not to go through it again. Six months later she always wanted to try again - nightmare. Decided it wasn't going to work so went down the adoption route. The process is a long winded tiresome one but eventually got matched with a wonderful little boy December last year. I would post a picture but as the legal process isn't finished, I better not. It's a hell of a process but more than worth it in the end!