Pregnancy And Parenting

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Little Miss Dindeleux at almost 10 months. Time is flying in but it’s been glorious. Can’t believe how well, if that’s the right word, I’ve taken to being a Dad.

07c5554b-0af5-49fd-a746-fcffd31ecf18.jpg

She's a wee doll, Dindy.  You have every right to be proud as...

Little Miss Dindeleux at almost 10 months. Time is flying in but it’s been glorious. Can’t believe how well, if that’s the right word, I’ve taken to being a Dad.

07c5554b-0af5-49fd-a746-fcffd31ecf18.thumb.jpg.300abed994eff59289a0f07f8eb0bb51.jpg

Forgive me if being a bit nosey but is that a wee orthopaedic shoe she’s got on Dindy?

Forgive me if being a bit nosey but is that a wee orthopaedic shoe she’s got on Dindy?

No it’s just the angle of the photo.

ETA - She was probably trying to kick the phone out her mums hand she must be fed up getting her photo taken 795992682 times a day.....

On 23/01/2018 at 16:18, 19QOS19 said:

What age did everyone start introducing the potty? We have one just now and every so often I'll plonk her on it to get used to it but she's only 15 months so hasn't a clue just now and prefers to use it in the shower, filling it and throwing the water over her head.

I have two preschool boys (slightly less than two year gap) and even two brothers can be so different. I had one that went to it easy at around two, I think he only wet himself twice in total and never dirtied any pants. My youngest turned 3 a few weeks ago and is quite visibly still not ready, we've tried but it was obvious that it wasn't right yet for him. My wife is is off work in the easter holidays so he's going to spend that whole week in his big boys pants, finger crossed. 

My own views are trying to discourage the view that the potty is a toy and don't push too hard. When they are 10 year old they won't be pissing and shitting themselves because of what we did at potty training. It'll happen fine.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to go away for a week at the end of September. I had planned to go to a Haven resort as there would be a bit for the wee one to do. But then I reckon she could handle a couple of hours on a plane as she's pretty settled just now. She'll be 2 at the time. Has anyone been abroad with a 2 year old?

Good idea? Too stressful? Any suggestions with regards to destination? (Preferably not Spain).

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was literally just looking at the Algarve. I reckon that would be doable distance wise and it's a country I've never been to as well.

Pretty well guaranteed good weather at that time of year. 

Pretty well guaranteed good weather at that time of year. 

It's finding the balance. 20oc is about the area I'm comfortable with. At that time of the year nowhere will be roasting but hopefully warm enough just for the tshirt to be worn.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's finding the balance. 20oc is about the area I'm comfortable with. At that time of the year nowhere will be roasting but hopefully warm enough just for the tshirt to be worn.

Midsummer can be unbearably hot but it should be cooling down to 20-25 c by then. Definitely comfortable in the shade anyway. If you want it hovering around 20c it's more likely in October. I think the Algarve has about the best Winter climate on mainland Europe.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Planning to go away for a week at the end of September. I had planned to go to a Haven resort as there would be a bit for the wee one to do. But then I reckon she could handle a couple of hours on a plane as she's pretty settled just now. She'll be 2 at the time. Has anyone been abroad with a 2 year old?

Good idea? Too stressful? Any suggestions with regards to destination? (Preferably not Spain).

Went to Cyprus last year with a 3 1/2, 3 and a 6month old and it was fine. Regardless of the time the flights in the air, it’s the getting there, through passport control and boarding that stews you the most. Once they were settled with their bits and bobs beside them they were well behaved 

We went to Porto Santo when Julia was 2. Nice wee Portuguese island, some lovely hotels. Ours was on the beach and had a sister hotel next door that you could use.

It’s all include but you get an apartment complete with kitchen and fridge, ideal if your wee one is a bit fussy.

2hrs 45 mins and they are night flights so Julia slept the whole way

26 minutes ago, steelmen said:

We went to Porto Santo when Julia was 2. Nice wee Portuguese island, some lovely hotels. Ours was on the beach and had a sister hotel next door that you could use.

It’s all include but you get an apartment complete with kitchen and fridge, ideal if your wee one is a bit fussy.

2hrs 45 mins and they are night flights so Julia slept the whole way

More like 4 hours no? Unless there's a Porto Santo that's not part of Madeira.