Pregnancy And Parenting

I had a baby jogger mini that the maxi cosi car seat could fit on but I didn’t use it.  One hand fold and fairly small. Can get carry for attachment for when they are tiny. 

Also had a first Wheels pram.

I recall pushing a double buggy up that bloody hill at Edinburgh Zoo,  I still have nightmares about that and my poor calf muscles have never recovered.

Was there an adult amputee inside the pram and you were looking for a quiet spot?

Went for the Bugaboo Chameleon but got a heavy discount on it, doubt I would have paid full price, but it's a great pram. Light-weight, easy to steer, etc etc. Still using it now. On the other hand I'm definitely having more children just to get my money's worth out of it.

Anyone else missing the Scotland game in the pub on Sunday to do bedtime? I've not seen R since Wednesday morning - been at a conference for work - and won't see him much tomorrow either for another unavoidable thing.

I imagine me 20 years ago being told you'll willingly miss a Scotland World Cup qualification decider (sort of) for your kid. I'd have been outraged and I'm sort of outraged on behalf of that guy then. Sorry 1990s me!

But I'm really missing him and hopefully next time we get a big game the times will be kinder (or I'll bite the bullet and buy Sky!). All I want to do on Sunday is spend time with him and by time he's down I'll check score and that will be that.

Or I'll break and take him to the pub with me on Sunday! Four years old is ok to go out on lash isn't it?!

I must admit I'd felt a wee bit outgrown from watching Scotland and caring much - that Norway "miss" game broke me it really did - but by Christ it came flooding back last night! At 80 mins i was texting my Dad to berate him for making me Scottiah.

But still, Sunday game is out for me and it's my choice.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

This thing looks too good to be true for the price:

IMG_0141.jpg

We got a mothercare own brand pram for £355, near 3 years ago now. Wasn’t a car seat but we bought a Maxi Cosi one for the car for £85ish and bought some clips so it could go onto the pram.

I would always go for as cheap as possible when it comes to the pram, as long as it doesn’t look like it will fall apart within 2 or 3 uses obviously. Total opposite when it comes to car seats though, would always go for a more expensive/a make with a good reputation as if the worst happens that’s going to keep the wee one safe

Edited by PB1994

That was Aila's 1st birthday yesterday. Cliche's normally make me cringe but the "they grow up so fast" one really isn't just a run of the mill one. Can't believe that's been a year already but in the same sentence it feels like she's been here forever. It's honestly been one of the best years of my life and I think her being such a great baby has helped. Genuinely only had one night feed and that was the first night home. After that she has never got up before 8am and is normally 8.30/9 she surfaces. Getting good sleep is obviously more than half the battle and it's probably been such an easy ride for us given we've never had any sleepless nights. She rarely cries at all tbh. We've been absolutely spoilt with her and I'm dreading her as a teenager as I can see Karma being a right bitch.

71512e27f42a37464681fe24a7a36706.jpg

b26db7dcf867ef484788d11a3770bebe.jpg

That was Aila's 1st birthday yesterday. Cliche's normally make me cringe but the "they grow up so fast" one really isn't just a run of the mill one. Can't believe that's been a year already but in the same sentence it feels like she's been here forever. It's honestly been one of the best years of my life and I think her being such a great baby has helped. Genuinely only had one night feed and that was the first night home. After that she has never got up before 8am and is normally 8.30/9 she surfaces. Getting good sleep is obviously more than half the battle and it's probably been such an easy ride for us given we've never had any sleepless nights. She rarely cries at all tbh. We've been absolutely spoilt with her and I'm dreading her as a teenager as I can see Karma being a right bitch.

71512e27f42a37464681fe24a7a36706.jpg

b26db7dcf867ef484788d11a3770bebe.jpg

Thought she had a wee handful of grapes to snack on there until I looked closer... WTF?! She daft for the olives aye?

Thought she had a wee handful of grapes to snack on there until I looked closer... WTF?! She daft for the olives aye?

Daft is an understatement. We were walking around the shop the other week and I picked up a jar: she went mental with excitement. She loves them. She devoured half a jar in her last sitting.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

On 23/09/2017 at 22:55, PB 4.2 said:

Posted in Feb that we lost a baby at a later stage.   The clearblue stick is showing pregz again, which I'm delighted about.  Just very scared about the scans.   Complete change of emphasis from excitement to trepidation.    

The 7-week scan showed preg viable.   Paying for a 9 week and 11 week at BUPA and 12 week on NHS.  

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but given I've used this thread to keep you informed of my daughters treatment.....

I was going through the paperwork from Sakura's treatment and noticed that there was monthly costings within the information. I totted them up from her 1st treatment in December last year to her discharge from hospital in September.

£131,000+!

Now obviously we didn't have to pay any of that as children under 5 (15 in some Prefectures including this one) receive free health care but it makes you think about how the NHS manages.

On a more important note, Sakura is doing well. fortnightly bloods continuing to go in the right direction plus shes growing and developing like any other 16 month old.

The walls are a bit of a mess...

Given the bother we've had since buying this place, the walls are the least of my worries just now! We've been in since January and we're still not fully decorated. The bulk of the blame goes to whoever supplies Homebase with their kitchens. Held us up by about 3 months. We'll get their eventually!

The 7-week scan showed preg viable.   Paying for a 9 week and 11 week at BUPA and 12 week on NHS.  

Was the 7 week Bupa? I had no idea there were scans available before 12 weeks. How much did it cost, out of interest?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but given I've used this thread to keep you informed of my daughters treatment.....
I was going through the paperwork from Sakura's treatment and noticed that there was monthly costings within the information. I totted them up from her 1st treatment in December last year to her discharge from hospital in September.
£131,000+!
Now obviously we didn't have to pay any of that as children under 5 (15 in some Prefectures including this one) receive free health care but it makes you think about how the NHS manages.
On a more important note, Sakura is doing well. fortnightly bloods continuing to go in the right direction plus shes growing and developing like any other 16 month old.

It's an incredible service and sadly one the Tories will likely end up destroying. I'm not a political person (at all really) but whenever I hear someone badmouthing the NHS I can't hold my tongue.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's an incredible service and sadly one the Tories will likely end up destroying. I'm not a political person (at all really) but whenever I hear someone badmouthing the NHS I can't hold my tongue.

It really is a great service but without trying to get political, you have to wonder how feasible it is in the long term given the costs highlighted.

7 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I was given scans every two weeks from around six weeks in my pregnancies after miscarriage on the nhs.