Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, velo army said:

That's really great to hear and I'm glad things are clearly more advanced where you are. I wish you guys all the very best. 

I'd like to second velo's best wishes.

Hope everything works out for the enlarged Soup Family.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Both of them in nappies so it’s regular trips to the dump as the wheelie bins just can’t cope with the sheer volume.  

A few weeks into my son’s life and the binmen decided not to empty the bin, which was full to the brim with shite [literally] . The lack of sleep and that incident had me looking for doors to kick down. I’d never been so angry at such a seemingly minor issue.

Sons end of year exam results yesterday.

389 out of 400

10 exams 40 question each. Information technology was his downfall.

Still No1 in his school.

Not bad for shite 6 months he's had.  very proud Mum and Dad. 

Edited by SlipperyP

Our 9yo suffers from cyclical vomiting syndrome and every few months she'll vomit (always at night) then can't stop by herself. It happened Monday past and the at half ten at night and we phoned NHS 24 right away and they were saying to us it would be a 4am appointment in Dundee (I'm in Brechin) or wait longer for a home visit. So we settled in for a long night planning to leave at 3am for kingscross. With the wee one exhausted and bringing up brown sludge the phone went just before 2am. The doctor got through the other calls earlier than expected so was on his way and she had her anti sickness jab by 3am and we all got to bed. 

The Doctor said they were mental busy with the usual weekend build up being exasperated by the bank holiday. It was the same Doctor we saw in September when it happened last. He asked how we felt about administering the medication ourselves. I didn't know we could have it and give our bairn an injection but he said we could just ask our GP and then there'd be no more late night drives to Dundee.

Gonna take care of it soon. 

15 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Our 9yo suffers from cyclical vomiting syndrome and every few months she'll vomit (always at night) then can't stop by herself. It happened Monday past and the at half ten at night and we phoned NHS 24 right away and they were saying to us it would be a 4am appointment in Dundee (I'm in Brechin) or wait longer for a home visit. So we settled in for a long night planning to leave at 3am for kingscross. With the wee one exhausted and bringing up brown sludge the phone went just before 2am. The doctor got through the other calls earlier than expected so was on his way and she had her anti sickness jab by 3am and we all got to bed. 

The Doctor said they were mental busy with the usual weekend build up being exasperated by the bank holiday. It was the same Doctor we saw in September when it happened last. He asked how we felt about administering the medication ourselves. I didn't know we could have it and give our bairn an injection but he said we could just ask our GP and then there'd be no more late night drives to Dundee.

Gonna take care of it soon. 

That sounds good.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

f**k me, that sounds horrendous.

Basically once she starts she can't stop. It goes food, water, bile, brown stuff. It knocks the shit out of her and she needs medical intervention to stop. There's no known cause and we just kinda have to wait and hope she grows out of it. Our doctor is looking into us getting the medicine and some training to administer it. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but it'll make the incidents stop at the first vomit which will be awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

The wee man (5 1/2 months now) has decided to start squawking and screeching like a pterodactyl whenever he's particularly buzzing.  Sometimes for an hour at a time. 

It's louder than any greeting he's done. Hopefully just a phase? ha Any ways of chilling him out or should i just invest in earplugs? 😅 

20 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

The wee man (5 1/2 months now) has decided to start squawking and screeching like a pterodactyl whenever he's particularly buzzing.  Sometimes for an hour at a time. 

It's louder than any greeting he's done. Hopefully just a phase? ha Any ways of chilling him out or should i just invest in earplugs? 😅 

Join in IMO.

On 29/03/2024 at 20:30, mathematics said:

A few weeks into my son’s life and the binmen decided not to empty the bin, which was full to the brim with shite [literally] . The lack of sleep and that incident had me looking for doors to kick down. I’d never been so angry at such a seemingly minor issue.

Reminds me of a time when my first kid was about 4 months and basically decided not to sleep during the day as well as still needing up to feed at nights so we were fucked and some utter bellend mobile tyre fitter parked his van across my driveway, with flashing lights on and outside shouting shortly after I'd just gotten the her to sleep and subsequently woke her. To say I had a go at him probably puts it mildly and I was no doubt overreacting, but f**k me man sleep deprivation and a crying child will change you. 

Couple of stories about my wee fella over the last month or so that shows he's growing too quick;

Got married to his class girlfriend at school before the Easter holidays

He was among thousands of Falkirk fans on Links Park and knows all the words to a number of the songs

Away on a caravan holiday in the first week of the Easter holidays and he took himself away to the grassy play area which had two sets of goals and played football with other kids. Up to about xmas time he would have wanted his mum or I to take him over and wait

He was doing Goalkeeping coaching through Falkirk Community Foundation since November but for a number of reasons - lack of coaches mainly - that all seems to be stopping. This week he has joined a local football team as a goalkeeper, gone to 1 training session and played his first ever match tonight. Very proud parent tonight

12 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Couple of stories about my wee fella over the last month or so that shows he's growing too quick;

Got married to his class girlfriend at school before the Easter holidays

He was among thousands of Falkirk fans on Links Park and knows all the words to a number of the songs

Away on a caravan holiday in the first week of the Easter holidays and he took himself away to the grassy play area which had two sets of goals and played football with other kids. Up to about xmas time he would have wanted his mum or I to take him over and wait

He was doing Goalkeeping coaching through Falkirk Community Foundation since November but for a number of reasons - lack of coaches mainly - that all seems to be stopping. This week he has joined a local football team as a goalkeeper, gone to 1 training session and played his first ever match tonight. Very proud parent tonight

Not initially knowing that this was a fake school wedding really made its mark on how I read the rest 😂.

22 hours ago, velo army said:

Not initially knowing that this was a fake school wedding really made its mark on how I read the rest 😂.

Read this multiple times and was very confused. Gonna blame tiredness.