Pregnancy And Parenting

Just now, throbber said:

Took my daughter swimming for the first time today. Don’t think she liked it very much, she looked completely terrified and then started shivering.

There are nice swimming pools in Edinburgh, you didn’t have to take her into The Forth. 

There are nice swimming pools in Edinburgh, you didn’t have to take her into The Forth. 

Good one! I was at Ainsley Park, the child’s pool is definitely too cold there so might go elsewhere next time. She was properly exhausted after it and has been asleep since 2.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Good one! I was at Ainsley Park, the child’s pool is definitely too cold there so might go elsewhere next time. She was properly exhausted after it and has been asleep since 2.

Sweet - swimming is a great way to pass the time with young kids. If you ever get a car you can take her to pools with flumes etc when she’s a bit bigger (like Perth, Dundee, Dunbar...).

Sweet - swimming is a great way to pass the time with young kids. If you ever get a car you can take her to pools with flumes etc when she’s a bit bigger (like Perth, Dundee, Dunbar...).

I do have a car. She’ll get more into swimming the more we take her there obviously. They have a jacuzzi there as well.

My 12 y/o isn’t cut from a different cloth to me. At that age if I’d slunk off to my room for an hour it would have been to play a computer game, sniff aerosols or have a look at some scud book I’d found in a bush. She emerges having done stuff like this...

F1A287FE-F8C3-4814-9D48-F33CF02E388D.thumb.jpeg.83c494fd55eeb75d6ba9dd7e48bb08ed.jpeg
Was she designing you a new gilet?

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My 12 y/o isn’t cut from a different cloth to me. At that age if I’d slunk off to my room for an hour it would have been to play a computer game, sniff aerosols or have a look at some scud book I’d found in a bush. She emerges having done stuff like this...

F1A287FE-F8C3-4814-9D48-F33CF02E388D.jpeg

Thank god there’s some talent in your family.

Other than your missus, obvs.

First father's day without the old man. Six months to the day. Been a pretty hard day, my wife took me and the weans out for the afternoon to try and keep my mind off it, but it's been pretty hard.

Took my daughter swimming for the first time today. Don’t think she liked it very much, she looked completely terrified and then started shivering.

I think you could be right, throbber. I don’t tend to look terrified or shiver when I’m enjoying myself.

F1A287FE-F8C3-4814-9D48-F33CF02E388D.thumb.jpeg.83c494fd55eeb75d6ba9dd7e48bb08ed.jpeg

Aye, but with her father she was never going to be a normal child.

She didn’t look terrified the entire time, there was a lot going on round about her and a lot to take in I suppose. I think the entire ordeal completely exhausted her as she was very sleepy for the rest of the day. Will do it again next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The baby is in hospital on a drip as she's dehydrated!

Fake news!

She wasn't on a drip, although she was in hospital, now home, although she's still not eating.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Fake news!

She wasn't on a drip, although she was in hospital, now home, although she's still not eating.

Typical grandad behaviour imo :P glad she’s home JG

11 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Nearly half way through this pregnancy already! Having a shitty time :lol:

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time...

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Nearly half way through this pregnancy already! Having a shitty time :lol:

My back is in bits and I've spent half of this week in hospital with high temps and a pulse rate of 137! Roll on November. 

This weather is hard going for pregnancy. Hope Ruggy looking after you!