Pregnancy And Parenting

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Can you imagine the problems you would have had had you been close to one lot and let them be called granny/grandad but not the other and they had to be Sheila/Jim! 

Yeah that would've been awkward but to be absolutely honest, we're the ones with the kid so if they don't like it they can f**k off.

I don't want to be too harsh on him because you only get one father and I'm conscious of my wife needing a relationship with him but seeing the impact my father-in-law has had on the lives of his children makes me want to be a better dad.  It's not even that he split from their mum, it's that he's selfish, insecure, makes demands of his children but doesn't put them first.  He's even boastful to his kids, he tries to show off about going on holiday or getting a new fucking hoover, I've never seen anything like it.  The end result is that his children don't respect him - I may have had difficult times with my parents, like everyone does, but I always respected them.

The fact that he walked out on his wife and kids after having an affair with a woman less than ten years older than his daughter probably isn't a big help either but if he wasn't such a demanding, selfish p***k then it'd be easier to get over everything.

Guest Moomintroll

I know you didn’t but other people thinking I’m being a dick about this are way off the mark. The only person i took this up with was my girlfriend who feels the same way most on here do about it anyway so it’s not going to change anyway.
Throbbs, you need to chill out a bit. Families are always complicated but the guy seems to want to be involved with his "granddaughters" upbringing. As with everything in life respect what Throbberta wants and it will all go well, remember that the wee one will hear everything so if there is tension on both sides that is unfair on her having to hear that.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah that would've been awkward but to be absolutely honest, we're the ones with the kid so if they don't like it they can f**k off.

I don't want to be too harsh on him because you only get one father and I'm conscious of my wife needing a relationship with him but seeing the impact my father-in-law has had on the lives of his children makes me want to be a better dad.  It's not even that he split from their mum, it's that he's selfish, insecure, makes demands of his children but doesn't put them first.  He's even boastful to his kids, he tries to show off about going on holiday or getting a new fucking hoover, I've never seen anything like it.  The end result is that his children don't respect him - I may have had difficult times with my parents, like everyone does, but I always respected them.

The fact that he walked out on his wife and kids after having an affair with a woman less than ten years older than his daughter probably isn't a big help either but if he wasn't such a demanding, selfish p***k then it'd be easier to get over everything.

But apart from all that he's a stand up gent?

1 hour ago, Adam said:

But apart from all that he's a stand up gent?

I actually get on OK with him :lol:  It's just frustrating that we've had these issues, we'd thought that it could have helped bring everyone together in her family.  Hopefully it will do and things improve.

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Had these 5 away for a week, all things considered, it went like clockwork, even if I came back knackered 

E45602B3-34AC-4E28-9AFA-4BE30769B714.jpeg

330C3250-A864-4205-B2CB-3F87745BD92B.jpeg

Oi! What are you doing with my grandson (2nd from right)?

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Just had the 12 week scan for baby number 2. So far so good, due in late November so should be timing this well for some Christmas period paternity leave.

No flies on you!

(Probably how she got pregnant in the first place...)

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Youngest had his second karate competition. Came in second again in the Nihon category .
Well chuffed for him.
So 2 competitions he has done and 2 silver's.

However it's the same kid who keeps winning. :-(

Teach him the Ama Goo Lees secret method.

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Youngest had his second karate competition. Came in second again in the Nihon category .
Well chuffed for him.
So 2 competitions he has done and 2 silver's.

However it's the same kid who keeps winning. :-(

Kick him in the pie...