Pregnancy And Parenting

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

2.5 years.

Wee touch more than my two then, but close enough for me to say, all joking aside, be prepared for the little 2 year old love of your life to turn into a little jealous horror before your eyes! My wee one is nearly 1 and still we have to contend with rampant green eyed monsters. Genuinely does my tits in tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

2.5 years.

I’ve that between my older two, I was lucky and son never was jealous of her. I do think that going from 0 to 1 was harder as you’ve never had kid before but you’ve adjusted lifestyle and experience behind you.

59 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I have three, usually borrow a 4th if going out for day!

There’s 4yrs 5 months between the 3 of them. They do tend to get on.

Youngest step daughter has 3, there's just over 4 years between them, (3 - 7). The two boys fight like blazes 25% of the time, but they both adore their wee sister, who just thinks her eldest brother is the bees knees.

The next one up has 4, they're well spaced out - 3 years, 7 years and 8 years, eldest one, a boy, torments his two younger sisters on occasion, but wouldn't let anyone else torment them, and the youngest one is only 4 months old, so he hasn't started torturing her yet. The two middle girls get on ok., and both think their youngest sister is wonderful - so far.

Did anyone else hit the 'terrible two's' before actually turning 2? My wee one has been a monster the last few days and I'm worrying that it's the beginning of it. A few tantrums today alone, which is really unlike her. I also have the fear she is just copying my nephew who is a right moany wee one. He's almost 3 and isn't talking yet so just seems to be moaning every time we see him.

She had a couple of them at my mum's tonight and my mum, dad and missus hate seeing her crying so will rush to her. I told them all to ignore her and not even look at her. It's obviously going to be a tough period but I'm lucky (or heartless) in that I won't pander to that kind of behaviour and don't get emotionally effected when she's screaming*.

* Providing I'm confident there is nothing seriously wrong with her [emoji38]

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did anyone else hit the 'terrible two's' before actually turning 2? My wee one has been a monster the last few days and I'm worrying that it's the beginning of it. A few tantrums today alone, which is really unlike her. I also have the fear she is just copying my nephew who is a right moany wee one. 

I never found the 2's to be that bad with any of my squad.  By 3?  Sure, they were certainly more awkward for a while.  She's probably, as you hinted, trying to copy her cousin.  I'd not worry so much about it and, as Rowan said, treat her with consistency.

My youngest, now 5, throws great tantrums. Every insult you expect from a teenager thrown out too.

I tend to ignore her. Or if it’s because she’s over tired wrestle her into pajamas and put her to bed. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did anyone else hit the 'terrible two's' before actually turning 2? My wee one has been a monster the last few days and I'm worrying that it's the beginning of it. A few tantrums today alone, which is really unlike her. I also have the fear she is just copying my nephew who is a right moany wee one. He's almost 3 and isn't talking yet so just seems to be moaning every time we see him.

Terrible twos is a complete misnomer. It usually starts before then and gets progressively worse, hence the term "threenager". 

Have fun with that! 

My wee lass skipped the ‘terrible 2s’ and hung off until nearer 5 to turn into a wee madam. To be fair to her though, the tantrums and moaning were always due to tiredness as opposed to not getting her own way or just being naughty.

13 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

:lol: yes you did! 

So any advice for going from 1 to 2 folks?

I've about 20 months between mine.

I thought it was fine, you end up going to one on one parenting and it's no hassle really.

They are 5 and 3 now and the eldest keeps his brother in check a lot about behaving; my eldest is a stickler for rules and routine. They tend to keep each other entertained mostly nowadays which often make life easier.

Well we've not long found out that my girlfriend is expecting our second, a little girl this time. Went to the doctor's 2 weeks ago to get it confirmed to be told its a 'weak pregnancy' which he said means she's roughly 2/3 weeks pregnant. Had a scan booked yesterday to find that she's 30+4 :lol:

Fantastic news though as there is no girls in my family! And as you can see my little boy Louis looks delighted he's gonna be having a little sister. 

IMG_20180512_164905.jpg