Pregnancy And Parenting

That’s it confirmed, TGP jnr 2 is a laddie. Was kind of hoping for a wee girl this time but I’m in no way upset or anything. Most importantly everything seems okay with both baby and Mum so far which is great.

Can not wait until he makes an appearance now. Told TGP jnr 1 earlier and he was buzzing.

In my 5 yo sons class there is a nasty piece of work called Ryleigh. She has been known to spit at people and other horrible things.
I asked my son how he got on at school and he said they were playing a game at lunchtime where they break up worms. I said aww that's cruel you shouldn't kill things.
He said " no dad, worms can't be killed. Ryleigh cut one of their heads off and tails and the middle bit was alive"

I feel for you. My daughter had a real, real nasty piece of work in her class. This girl would slap, punch and kick the other kids. She had some developmental problems, but most of all she suffered from a condition I call "Scumbag Parent Syndrome". The guy would roar and shout at his kids at 8 am (just the way to start the day), and carry on until about 10 at night.  I know, as they lived next door to me for 4 years. 

They moved away in November and everyone in the school and in our street sighed a big sigh of relief. 

How were your kids with the bath/shower? Our wee one absolutely loves them. We have a wet room downstairs and need to put a bath in upstairs but she has a tub she still fits into. If we take her clothes off in the livingroom and ask her if she wants to go for a bath, she's off! She rarely cries at all but I had her in absolute tears the other night. I was filling the tub and she was watching, but it was far too hot for her so had to push her away (add in the fact she was still fully clothed!). She was going apeshit as she couldn't get in [emoji38]

IMG-20180314-WA0002.thumb.jpg.41426180f1b3be653522e2ca46a2615c.jpg
IMG-20180316-WA0005.thumb.jpg.83f251cf31a17e82eed9a32fa2d5155b.jpg
IMG-20180228-WA0015.thumb.jpg.b1375aa1f69b4b10495c22533251250b.jpg

She doesn't seem to think being clothed is an issue.

My 3 year old hates the shower. Loves a bath absolutely loves the thing. Can start running it and he drops everything to get up stairs and strip.

Loves swimming too.

IMG_20170211_220410_650.jpg an old one of him in his favourite place

And found out number 2 is a boy too. Happy days

My 7 year old comes in from school, and in the hallway takes off everything except her t-shirt and pants, before even coming in to say hello to us. As a toddler she was always trying to go around naked. 

My 7 year old is pretty much the same but at bedtime. The lassie seems to be impervious to cold. Loads of pyjamas in her drawer but insists on going to bed in her pants, occasionally a vest too if it’s really cold, and still kicks her duvet off through the night. Then she gets up in the morning and puts her pyjamas on to come downstairs and get them covered in jam, crumbs or yoghurt.

3rd girl due in May. Thought our 3 year old would have had issues with not being the baby anymore but she couldn't be any happier. Thought the 8 year old would have been buzzing but she's not fussed said she's done it before so not as excited as the first time . Kids never cease to amaze you.

23 hours ago, Disco30 said:

3rd girl due in May. Thought our 3 year old would have had issues with not being the baby anymore but she couldn't be any happier. Thought the 8 year old would have been buzzing but she's not fussed said she's done it before so not as excited as the first time . Kids never cease to amaze you.

:lol:

Our 8 year old grand daughter is tickled pink with her new sister - but then, she hasn't done it before! Her elder sister, 15, is very good with the new one.

I was house sitting yesterday, and had the new arrival all to myself for a whole half an hour. She's a very content wee thing, with lovely blue eyes, she's going to take after her mother and one of her aunts by the looks of things and have ginger hair.

[emoji38]
Our 8 year old grand daughter is tickled pink with her new sister - but then, she hasn't done it before! Her elder sister, 15, is very good with the new one.
I was house sitting yesterday, and had the new arrival all to myself for a whole half an hour. She's a very content wee thing, with lovely blue eyes, she's going to take after her mother and one of her aunts by the looks of things and have ginger hair.

The Scottish gene is strong with the wee one then. The 2 I have couldn't be any different to each other so pretty excited to see how the wee one turns out. 9 weeks on Tuesday till due date. Same as green lantern moving to a bigger house and decorating everything keeps me on my toes.

3 hours ago, Disco30 said:

The Scottish gene is strong with the wee one then. The 2 I have couldn't be any different to each other so pretty excited to see how the wee one turns out. 9 weeks on Tuesday till due date. Same as green lantern moving to a bigger house and decorating everything keeps me on my toes.

I doubt there's much Scottish blood in them - the mother and aunt referred to are the youngest two children of my wife's first marriage, and she and her first husband were Northern Ireland born and bred.

So the grand children are step grandchildren, all those 18 and under call me Granda, and all those 20 and over call me by my name, although, as we seldom, if ever, see them, they maybe don't remember what my name is!