Pregnancy And Parenting

13 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:
10 hours ago, Rowan said:
IVF is hell. I’ve seen people go through it and break them. Huge strain on marriages.
You both need be physically and emotionally strong.

Been through it five times - after every one failed the wife made me promise not to go through it again. Six months later she always wanted to try again - nightmare. Decided it wasn't going to work so went down the adoption route. The process is a long winded tiresome one but eventually got matched with a wonderful little boy December last year. I would post a picture but as the legal process isn't finished, I better not. It's a hell of a process but more than worth it in the end!

It is indeed, but I suppose it has to be rigorous for obvious reasons. Well done, and congratulations.

It is indeed, but I suppose it has to be rigorous for obvious reasons. Well done, and congratulations.
Completely understand the need for the process to be thorough and rigorous especially in light of some of the well documented cases where it has gone wrong.

I suppose it's just frustrating that the legal part has been ongoing since December 2016.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Completely understand the need for the process to be thorough and rigorous especially in light of some of the well documented cases where it has gone wrong.

I suppose it's just frustrating that the legal part has been ongoing since December 2016.

Good to hear things are going in the right direction, albeit slow, congrats 

20180216_194907.thumb.jpg.f4351a5c9d851d3c4f4d7f88e00d4c8c.jpgjust a little update. Think it may be the change in milk (today is her first day on the non cows milk) but we've been putting loads of the qv cream on her and she's starting to look more like herself again. Not getting as wet dirty nappies either so it's all coming along nicely.

Eta above her lip and her eyebrows tend to be a bit tricky to get the cream on so are still looking a bit rougher.

Just now, keithgy said:

Both 

Your actions are logical.    

Personally, I would have probably invoked the services of a lawyer.   

Don't physically attack him or send anything which can be used against your daughter and Ben.  

On 21/01/2018 at 22:42, PB 4.2 said:

Found out today my Mrs is pregnant again at 6 weeks stage after losing two at the 9th week, I'm hopeful 2018 will bring us joy and closure.  x 

10-week scan earlier today showed a buoyant heartbeat of 150 bpm.     Which was probably about half my bpm.   

Many excellent members of P & B have been active via the PM function but 3, in particular, have offered advice, given the chromosome balanced translocation and the greatly increased risk or another Patau bairn.    

But all is good thus far.   

Grimbo.   

4 days over due now, it’s very frustrating going 2 weeks up til due date hoping it will come at any time and then for the due date to come and go and then for more days to pass with no activity. Going to get induced on Monday 26 th if nothing happens by then.

9 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

10-week scan earlier today showed a buoyant heartbeat of 150 bpm.     Which was probably about half my bpm.   

Many excellent members of P & B have been active via the PM function but 3, in particular, have offered advice, given the chromosome balanced translocation and the greatly increased risk or another Patau bairn.    

But all is good thus far.   

Grimbo.   

Excellent news!

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

4 days over due now, it’s very frustrating going 2 weeks up til due date hoping it will come at any time and then for the due date to come and go and then for more days to pass with no activity. Going to get induced on Monday 26 th if nothing happens by then.

I went three weeks early with two of mine! One of his own choice and the other as she wasnt behaving.  Which has set the tone for last 5 yrs. And they induced me couple days after due date with the middle one! 

I went three weeks early with two of mine! One of his own choice and the other as she wasnt behaving.  Which has set the tone for last 5 yrs. And they induced me couple days after due date with the middle one! 

That’s lucky for you then as you won’t have had these frustrating weeks to piss you off! I just feel bored and annoyed now after weeks of excitement.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s lucky for you then as you won’t have had these frustrating weeks to piss you off! I just feel bored and annoyed now after weeks of excitement.

Spicy curry, long walks, and rumpy pumpy 

My wee one was 8 days late (Knowing what I know now it's no surprise given how lazy she is). The day of my Mrs' water breaking we had went a drive on a pretty bumpy road and I took all the speedbump streets. I'm not saying that was the reason but the midwife did suggest we do that so it possibly played a part.