Pregnancy And Parenting

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For those who recently filled me in on BLW.... It seems to be going ok in terms of hand eye coordination and willingness to try new flavours, but I take it I would be right in saying a 7 month old with no teeth womt get much eating done and all I can really expect is stuff to get gummed to death them spat out?

Pretty much. At that stage I think it's more about taste and texture, she'll start to swallow some eventually. Ours was late on the teeth too, and we weren't sure how much she was actually eating but you'd probably be surprised. We found out just how much when she projectiled a load of raspberries and other stuff all over @Honest Saints Fan one day. :thumsup2

We kept the bottle going and eventually Catherine just batted it away herself and never went back to it once she started getting enough grub down her neck. Can't mind exactly what age she was when she stopped the bottle, my memory is shocking but think it was when she was just over a year old.  

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye I believe they need the milk for at least a year. We are trying to get her to eat off the spoon a couple of times a day too and shes improving there . I really like the way she is just picking stuff up and getting into it, bit I am an impatient soul and cant wait for the steak pie getting horsed!

It's well worth persevering. Catherine will eat just about anything now, the only thing she doesn't really like is Broccoli.  It's so much better when you can just cook her the same as you're having yourself and not worry about pureeing and blending shite or what's in the muck they call baby food these days. 

She's a greedy wee fucker too.

52 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Two of mine had it at same time, more noise than the seal enclosure st zoo.

started throwing fish into them 

Yeah, quite accurate. He's on amoxicillin and a steroid. Is that what your wee ones got prescribed? How long until it starts taking effect, as he is struggling to sleep and it's causing him more stress. :(

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Maisie was at Sick kids today for a check up after her hip dysplasia and she has got the all clear. 

Nice one 

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

She's 24 weeks pregnant with our second and a complete ball busting hormonal mess.

My wife must have been pregnant for 32 years. Soak it up, over half way

She's apparently my double the poor girl.

I get that with my oldest. My response is always, Acht plenty time to grow out of it[emoji23]

And continue in that mode for the rest of your married life...

Even then.........

Mucked up this morning with the youngest. Usually when they are complaining of a sore belly, i still send them to school, but he came down looking terrible, not feeling well, warm. I was all for sending him to school. Gave him breakfast then calpol, nurofen. And was going to get him ready, but thought, well what if he is sick at school, he looks and feels genuinely not well, i will keep him off.

Calpol and nurofen has kicked in and hes fine and dandy now. Thought i was doing the right thing as well.

Mine is off today as well. He's been coughing half the night, dead tired in the evening but still well enough for school during the day. He couldn't get himself moving at all this morning so I called in work, phoned the school, gave him calpol. Now he's bouncing off the walls. 

Just tell yourself it's the calpol that's made him feel better and he really is still poorly! 

10 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Found out today my Mrs is pregnant again at 6 weeks stage after losing two at the 9th week, I'm hopeful 2018 will bring us joy and closure.  x 

I know we’ve had our wee differences in the past , but I genuinely hope all goes well for you both 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Potty training.... My oldest can use the potty and the toilet no bother for pissing... Lasr time we tried to bin the nappies though we gave up because she just wont take a shit. We are now at the same point again, where she is currently having to hold one in, I even took a shit stained pair of pants off her earlier but she still refuses to admit she needs to go.

We are not giving up this time. Any tips?

Can you not tempt her with a reward?

I got in a shitload of those chocolate coins and gave her one every time she went. Seemed to work.