Pregnancy And Parenting

Looks like I need to pay more attention to this thread again. We are 14 weeks gone. Wife been worse with the sickness etc this time round. Due 12th July which has ruled a few names out..

5 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Looks like I need to pay more attention to this thread again. We are 14 weeks gone. Wife been worse with the sickness etc this time round. Due 12th July which has ruled a few names out..

Staunche if a boy, Loyalla if a girl?

The difference in sickness might be because you are having a different sex of child than your last one.

I was reading a few old wives tales about it all and morning sickness is apparently worse when having a girl, Probably all bollocks though!

In general it probably is nonsense but as I've said previously. My sister in law with the 3 boys had bad morning sickness whereas my wife and her arsehole sister had no sickness and they had girls.

In general it probably is nonsense but as I've said previously. My sister in law with the 3 boys had bad morning sickness whereas my wife and her arsehole sister had no sickness and they had girls.

Yeah it’s probably all just shite but I was bored the other night and was reading these old wives tales. Most of them suggested we were having a girl.

Staunche if a boy, Loyalla if a girl?

William or williamina are top of list

The difference in sickness might be because you are having a different sex of child than your last one.

We are working on this theory too. For me it's a hunch as it's been different this time.

Her sisters who had girls were all quite ill whereas the ones with boys weren't. The one with both was worse with the girl.

Yeah it’s probably all just shite but I was bored the other night and was reading these old wives tales. Most of them suggested we were having a girl.

Have you read the one about the needle and thread? My cousin did this with me years ago. You put your palm out flat and someone else holds a threaded needle above the palm and waits for it to move. I can't recall which direction is which but mine and my wife's (at the time girlfriend) moved around two seperate times in the direction of girls. We're half way to it being true so worth a go [emoji38]

Have you read the one about the needle and thread? My cousin did this with me years ago. You put your palm out flat and someone else holds a threaded needle above the palm and waits for it to move. I can't recall which direction is which but mine and my wife's (at the time girlfriend) moved around two seperate times in the direction of girls. We're half way to it being true so worth a go [emoji38]

I have seen that but didn’t try it. Holly Willoughby has some claim that you can tell from the angle of your hands when holding the bump as well. Must be total pish surely.

I have two lassies, two very different preganancies, ao aye its all pish.

However it actually IS possible to find out the sex of your child. You pay money and use qualified professionals and science.

I was surprised I was told at the 20 week scan. For some reason I had it in my head that they didn't tell you anymore for fear of it being wrong. I think a few times they'd been wrong and the parents did the room out blue and ended up having a lassie.

Thr radiographer did say "it looks like a girl to me". She never actually said "it's a girl".

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I was reading a few old wives tales about it all and morning sickness is apparently worse when having a girl, Probably all bollocks though!

If it was all bollocks it would be a boy, shirley?

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have two lassies, two very different preganancies, ao aye its all pish.

However it actually IS possible to find out the sex of your child. You pay money and use qualified professionals and science.

Experts, eh? F*** that...