Pregnancy And Parenting

Bang on. 

A firm "no" is as much about the way it's said as what is said. Believe me, she'll know that you're not happy about what she's doing. If that doesn't work, remove her from what she's doing and she will learn quickly by association exactly what "no" means. 

She knows what no means certainly. The wee shite was forever at the xmas tree and practically waited for the "No!" before she would move away. It doesn't really do anything when she's screaming though unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

She knows what no means certainly. The wee shite was forever at the xmas tree and practically waited for the "No!" before she would move away. It doesn't really do anything when she's screaming though unfortunately.

Sometimes you just have to let them scream themselves out, I'm fortunate that the screaming makes no impact on me for a lengthy period if they are my grandkids, not lasting as long recently due to circumstances but that will pass.

They are all so different. My middle one the most sensible person in this house. I rarely have to tell her off, but when I do she breaks her wee heart.

The youngest one is Teflon, couldn’t give a flying f**k if she’s in trouble, it’s totally infuriating!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol: They do that as well. Perfectly normal boundary pushing. The screaming though, you are best ignoring. As long as she's in a safe place, leave her to it. You're doing right. 

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

They are all so different. My middle one the most sensible person in this house. I rarely have to tell her off, but when I do she breaks her wee heart.

The youngest one is Teflon, couldn’t give a flying f**k if she’s in trouble, it’s totally infuriating!

In my experience you could do everything correct as far any professional will tell you and still make an arse of it with one of your children.

Sometimes you just have to let them scream themselves out, I'm fortunate that the screaming makes no impact on me for a lengthy period if they are my grandkids, not lasting as long recently due to circumstances but that will pass.

You've mentioned circumstances and I won't ask what they are but on that subject both my parents would let us cry it out they said but when it comes to the grandchild they can't stomach the sound of her crying they say [emoji38]

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

You've mentioned circumstances and I won't ask what they are but on that subject both my parents would let us cry it out they said but when it comes to the grandchild they can't stomach the sound of her crying they say emoji38.png

Everyone is different, I used to be football daft, I could be playing football in the living room with balloons, balls of varying weights, be as loud as I liked and I can't ever remember my dad telling me to make less noise so he could listen to the TV or anything like that, he made mistakes in other ways but ultimately he done what was his best with me and my brother and sisters.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

In my experience you could do everything correct as far any professional will tell you and still make an arse of it with one of your children.

No one ever gets anything 100% right. They are, as you say, all different! 

Grandchild nr 15 arrived on Christmas Eve - Grace Elizabeth, 6 lbs. All well. All siblings delighted. Will see how long that lasts for the 8 year old! Haven't seen her yet as I've been laid low with a chest infection and have been barely able to get out of bed, never mind anything else. 25 years between eldest grandchild and youngest.

Congrats buddy, but it’s time you bought your kids a tv!!! 15 grandkids, that’s a lot of presents!

I must be the jammiest man alive. My 3 week old daughter is already sleeping through the night. She goes down about 11 and finally wakes up about half 8. Love her to bits

3 weeks? Pfft. Mine was sleeping 12 hours after 1 night [emoji14]

Aye I thought that at first. 15 months later and I'm pulling my hair out at times [emoji38]

Oh I've been there before. Between me and my Mrs we have two 6 year olds. They are grumpy little shits so I'm looking forward to the cute and cuddly stage again until it's too late