Pregnancy And Parenting

My stepson has always thought that I was his real dad. I did ask my wife a few times to tell him the truth but she always said no. His real dad broke her nose when she caught him cheating whilst she was pregnant. He has 4 other kids and he was in the local paper once saying how much that he always wanted 4 kids but he conveniently forgot about his 5th and oldest, (my stepson). My wife used to take the lad to see his grandmother every couple of weeks to keep in touch but his real dad just ignored him.
Last year, for some reason, the "father" told his other kids about the existence of my wife's boy. Cue a Facebook appeal to find him from them and lo and behold a halfwit relative declared that they knew who they were looking for. Of course it showed up on his own timeline so the cat was well and truly out the bag. 
When I next saw my stepson, he hugged me and said that as far as he was concerned, I was his dad as I was the one who raised him and I was the person who gave him his guidance and values in life.
The other "family" were very aggressive in their attitude towards my wife when she told them to back off. Their initial reply was that if they could not meet their brother then they would call Jeremy Kyle:lol:. 
There are a great deal of things about that "family" that would make your toes curl if I was to tell about them but I won't.
My stepson had his real dads name as his middle name. Last week, under his own idea, he had his birth certificate altered to make his middle name the same as my own wonderful stepfather who we both absolutely adored.
 I love the boy to bits.

That’s fantastic mate, lovely to hear stories like that. Absolutely fair play to you.

9 hours ago, supermik said:

My stepson has always thought that I was his real dad. I did ask my wife a few times to tell him the truth but she always said no. His real dad broke her nose when she caught him cheating whilst she was pregnant. He has 4 other kids and he was in the local paper once saying how much that he always wanted 4 kids but he conveniently forgot about his 5th and oldest, (my stepson). My wife used to take the lad to see his grandmother every couple of weeks to keep in touch but his real dad just ignored him.

Last year, for some reason, the "father" told his other kids about the existence of my wife's boy. Cue a Facebook appeal to find him from them and lo and behold a halfwit relative declared that they knew who they were looking for. Of course it showed up on his own timeline so the cat was well and truly out the bag. 

When I next saw my stepson, he hugged me and said that as far as he was concerned, I was his dad as I was the one who raised him and I was the person who gave him his guidance and values in life.

The other "family" were very aggressive in their attitude towards my wife when she told them to back off. Their initial reply was that if they could not meet their brother then they would call Jeremy Kyle:lol:

There are a great deal of things about that "family" that would make your toes curl if I was to tell about them but I won't.

My stepson had his real dads name as his middle name. Last week, under his own idea, he had his birth certificate altered to make his middle name the same as my own wonderful stepfather who we both absolutely adored.

I love the boy to bits.

Any man can father a child but it takes a hell of a lot more to be a dad!

That's a boy who, with your commitment and support, is level headed, secure and knows where his loyalties are.

Good work!

On 17/11/2017 at 20:40, Jmothecat2 said:

We never bothered with a dummy, just one of those things that I didn't even think about. By the sounds of how hard it is to take it off them I think that may have been a good move.

Yeah, we were the same. One of our friends daughter still has a dummy at four as they dread taking it off her. 

I wish we had introduced it though, I might be able to get a word in edgeways as she talks as much as her mother now.

Skids No2 has cut her first tooth and is sitting up for the first time. The problem is she’s visiting family in Shetland with her Mum and sis since last Sunday and I’ve missed it all. Tbh the first couple of days I was gleefull at being able to sleep past 7am, starting to bore me now. 

How did folk do/ehat age was the wee one when you took the dummy from them?

We're on holiday next week and are thinking it might be a good time to get her off it. Unsure whether the best approach is to completely remove it or just let her have it at nap and bed time. Those are the times she normally has it anyway so it would probably be pointless. I feel somewhat cruel doing it when she's just past 1 but feel if she's less likely to remember it just now it will be easier than doing it later. I don't like seeing kids running around with dummies who speak while it's in! So I want it removed before then.

We just went for it and it's been pretty smooth actually. Coming up for 2 weeks now. A few nights she's been up screaming which she would frequently do in the past anyway but we would put her dummy in and she'd doze back off. That's not an option now obviously. She has screamed bloody murder but normally for about 5 minutes or so so we just leave her.

Another thing she has given us no grief with. I feel sorry for the next one as the bar has been set so high with Aila [emoji38] We're bound to get a hard time with the next one as she's never been a bit of bother at all. Though she's starting to kind of throw herself back now when she doesn't get her way and when you go to lift her she'll put her arms up straight to try release herself so I think it really could be terrible 2's with her. It'll make up for her great first year though.

On another note does this happen regularly to folk: Aila rarely wakes up with a shitty nappy. So when you change her, within 10 minutes she'll have dropped one. I've lost count of the amount of times this has happened!

We had a scan for our first today, he’s due 20th February (can’t remember if I’ve posted in here before).

Everything is absolutely fine with him -in one of the gave us you can see his face really clearly and he has my chin dimple, which is really cool but also a bit weird. It brings it all home a bit when you see him moving on the scan, his lips moving and legs kicking.

I loved the scans Chris. Fascinating to watch. We had a 4d one, was really good although baby wasn't very cooperative and wouldn't lay in the right position. If he is born on the 20th he'll share a birthday with Ruggy. 

That's our wee one now 18 months. A wee chatter box. Great hearing them learn new words everyday. 

54 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I loved the scans Chris. Fascinating to watch. We had a 4d one, was really good although baby wasn't very cooperative and wouldn't lay in the right position. If he is born on the 20th he'll share a birthday with Ruggy. 

That's our wee one now 18 months. A wee chatter box. Great hearing them learn new words everyday. 

“For f**k sake ruggy”

needs to be captured for p&b!

Maybe not the right thread, but would any P+B ladies be prepared to be a surrogate incubator for this c**t? $5 million mind. You could probably do the business with a turkey baster.

800.jpeg

https://apnews.com/8eb4e03d95d4471881d8a7f7de1c8671/Ex-aide:-Franks-offered-$5m-to-carry-his-child

Son enjoying banging f**k out the TV.   I've got a #perthshire size TV of about 60".  Dudes thumping it all the time, like a swipe phone.  

Parental advice:  TV off when he whacks it, or warming and into one of our 5 bedrooms?  

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is anyone aware of a decent platform to punt kids stuff other than Ebay? Won't be long till BB2 is done with her pram and its still in good nick, same applies to various other bits and pieces that were expensive yet barely used. Don't really want to get involved with Ebay though as I believe it to be full of arseholes.

Also, getting something back for the pram might go some way to repairing the part of my soul that was so badly damaged by paying so much for it then witnessing two weans get next to f**k all use out it

I find Gumtree good, nice and simple, no arseholes so far.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is anyone aware of a decent platform to punt kids stuff other than Ebay? Won't be long till BB2 is done with her pram and its still in good nick, same applies to various other bits and pieces that were expensive yet barely used. Don't really want to get involved with Ebay though as I believe it to be full of arseholes.

Also, getting something back for the pram might go some way to repairing the part of my soul that was so badly damaged by paying so much for it then witnessing two weans get next to f**k all use out it

We gave most of our baby stuff to the kids hospital ward but if you're wanting money for it I'd say gumtree is best.

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wife uses selling pages on FB, it’s local, so easy pick ups