Pregnancy And Parenting

We went to a 3D baby scan in Perth as my last wife and I lost one. 4 scans to help build up a picture of her growing.

Although it was for 'entertainment' purposes they are fully qualified and gave her a good look over each time to make sure everything was growing as it should.

Now obviously we didn't have to pay any of that as children under 5 (15 in some Prefectures including this one) receive free health care but it makes you think about how the NHS manages.
On a more important note, Sakura is doing well. fortnightly bloods continuing to go in the right direction plus shes growing and developing like any other 16 month old.

Great to hear the wee one is still improving. Love the updates and we all have everything crossed for her.

The NHS manages somehow, they must charge itself differently from how hospitals charge insurance companies.

On 09/10/2017 at 02:07, 19QOS19 said:

Was the 7 week Bupa? I had no idea there were scans available before 12 weeks. How much did it cost, out of interest?

Paid 98 pounds per scan.  Nothing fancy just the same you get with radiographers on the nhs.  Just needed a heartbeat for peace of mind.  It's a wee big of money but worth it if it eliviates worries. 

Granddaughter booked in to the sick kids in November for her inevitable hip operation. She's going to be in plaster from the waist to her toes for 6-7 weeks. X-rays confirming she needs it done as soon as, so it'll be all hands to the pumps for her recovery over Xmas

Mrs Kilbowie is 13 weeks just now so i've been reading this thread with interest, the thought terrifies me, being responsible for a wee person. f**k paying £800 for a pram and that though, car seat ill shell out for a good un. We paid for a scan at 6 weeks just as we were going on holiday to make sure everything was alright, went to a provider near charing cross and it was pretty good for £70. Looking forward to getting one of those baby boxes!

My one recommendation to new parents is the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine. Makes a bottle at the correct temperature in 2 minutes. I bought it after reading about it on here.

As I've said before, Aila was never up during the night so we didn't get the full benefit but for a crying kid in the night it's an incredible piece even if it's around £80. For all she wasn't up it saved us having to pre-make 3 or 4 bottles at a time as we could do it almost as instantly as she was hungry.

That sounds good, I was a wee fucker as a baby and didnt sleep for four years, i'm preparing for the worst, so i'll get me one of those!

It got 'Universal' praise on here and I can see why. If you have a kid who is up frequently it'll pay for itself in the first week.

Either that or encourage your other half to breast feed. I’ll endure the wrath of the female posters on here, but I barely got up.
This might be why our second has been solely bottle fed mind you. 

Not sure if it's one of those urban myths. But I thought breastfed kids were up more frequently? Can't say I would be confident of that as I was breastfed and slept as well as my daughter does. Think it's just yer luck.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure if it's one of those urban myths. But I thought breastfed kids were up more frequently? Can't say I would be confident of that as I was breastfed and slept as well as my daughter does. Think it's just yer luck.

You might be right, our eldest was a right c**t until she was about 2. Getting up frequently throughout the night. Our 2nd seems a lot more laid back. I’m sure there are much more contributing factors though.

Either that or encourage your other half to breast feed. I’ll endure the wrath of the female posters on here, but I barely got up.
This might be why our second has been solely bottle fed mind you. 

I can only echo this. Both of ours were breastfed for the first 6 months or so, and although I would get up with her initially, you soon come to the conclusion that "there is no point in us both being knackered come the morning".

14 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I can only echo this. Both of ours were breastfed for the first 6 months or so, and although I would get up with her initially, you soon come to the conclusion that "there is no point in us both being knackered come the morning".

Ditto, great times indeed 

4 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Granddaughter booked in to the sick kids in November for her inevitable hip operation. She's going to be in plaster from the waist to her toes for 6-7 weeks. X-rays confirming she needs it done as soon as, so it'll be all hands to the pumps for her recovery over Xmas

Good luck to her with the Op, mate. Hope it all goes well.

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

What age is the wee soul? (I'm sure I could find out if I scrolled back through the thread.)

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

What age is the wee soul? (I'm sure I could find out if I scrolled back through the thread.)

She's 6 1/2 now, it's an operation we knew would come at around this age, due to the fact with cerebral palsy she can't stand or walk, the hips dislocate. Bless her, roll on 2018 and pain free

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

She's 6 1/2 now, it's an operation we knew would come at around this age, due to the fact with cerebral palsy she can't stand or walk, the hips dislocate. Bless her, roll on 2018 and pain free

There's nothing tugs at the heartstrings more than a sick youngster, lying there looking pathetic. Even more so when they're in hospital and doubly so when they're in a cast/wired up in the intensive care.

One of my step daughters broke her leg (this was before we were married I think) and I can still picture the wee cratur lying there in the local hospital (which has now had all its wards closed down), she would have been 5 or 6 at the time.

Never mind, this will be worth it if it fixes her problem, which I'm sure it will.

Keep us posted.

I am thankful peppa is behind us now, would love to make a bacon sandwich out of her!!!!
My wee one turns 5 today, where has the time gone???
If you are looking for a party idea, Gravity in Edinburgh is amazing!! Think there is one in Glasgow too.