Pregnancy And Parenting

e305b0a6a8f2c0ff68d756275a65dcff.jpg

This isn't child abuse, he genuinely wanted the top [emoji14] That's him starting to come to games on a Saturday now with me and his grandad, great to have the family tradition carry on [emoji4]

Good to see mate. My eldest supports Aberdeen... only reason was I showed him a you tube video of them beat Real Madrid in 83. My other son and my daughter have no affiliations yet.
My old man's a Raith fan so occasionally will go to a match with him. Meet up in the 200 club with him and my uncle and some of their old mates. Craic is great, real dry east coast humour.

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread but my 13 month old boy will endure his third night of CIO (Cry it out) tonight. The first two nights were fucking horrible. It's really difficult leaving him to wail like that. I've been torturing myself watching the baby monitor and I feel like shit about it if I'm honest. I quite like him sleeping with us and I don't mind getting up 3 or 4 times a night to soothe him/change him but my Wife is going up the wall. She really needs her sleep whereas I can get by on 5 hours. Anyone else done this? Was it successful? How long until I don't feel like an awful parent?

Nope, was told to do it by health visitor but it went against my nature.  Mine slept through the night  but either in my bed or with me settling them.  My youngest still sleeps in beside me.  Other two moved out to own beds about age 5. 

12 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Nope, was told to do it by health visitor but it went against my nature.  Mine slept through the night  but either in my bed or with me settling them.  My youngest still sleeps in beside me.  Other two moved out to own beds about age 5. 

5??? f**k that! :lol:

If we don't see results over the next couple of days might have to rethink it but I'm hoping to have him sleeping on his own well before then.

Was it difficult to get them to move to their own beds after sleeping with you for so long?

5? f**k that! Ours was in her own bedroom from 6 months and sleeps all night. Before that she was in a cot in our room and only in our bed if it was a real meltdown night. 

Edited by Rugster

Is there not a method where you leave them longer and longer each time?

Eg go in after 2 mins of crying, then next time wait for 4 mins, gradually building up.

I think that's what we did. They only come into our bed in extreme circumstances. There's definitely a learned behaviour thing going on.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Eg go in after 2 mins of crying, then next time wait for 4 mins, gradually building up.

I think that's what we did. They only come into our bed in extreme circumstances. There's definitely a learned behaviour thing going on.

How long did it take before you stopped crying.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think it's called ferbering, don't fancy that as every time you go into the room you basically reset the clock and they are back up to 11, or at least mines is.

Edited by The Equalizer

Posted in Feb that we lost a baby at a later stage.   The clearblue stick is showing pregz again, which I'm delighted about.  Just very scared about the scans.   Complete change of emphasis from excitement to trepidation.    

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

I still remember the nightmares I had when stuck in a room on my own. Don't think any cultures outside the modern West have ever done it.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I still remember the nightmares I had when stuck in a room on my own. Don't think any cultures outside the modern West have ever done it.

Exactly.  And I don't have clingy needy children. Happy, confident and sociable

Edited by Rowan

Posted in Feb that we lost a baby at a later stage.   The clearblue stick is showing pregz again, which I'm delighted about.  Just very scared about the scans.   Complete change of emphasis from excitement to trepidation.    

Good luck buddy, i lost one early on with my first wife. So when the current one was pregnant we just said screw it and paid for the 4d (?) baby scans so we got one every other month just to keep an eye on her. Really helped us through the pregnancy, esp since she had a front lying placenta and couldn't feel anything for the whole 9 months.