Pregnancy And Parenting

Does anyone have any experience with child mental health workers? My oldest has just been referred.

Not much, but from what I gathered the system is absolutely creaking under the weight.

I'd suggest keeping on top of them (in a polite way obviously) and not waiting for things to happen.

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

Our wee one started school last week. She's been looking forward to it for months and spent most of the summer holidays babbling excitedly about it.

Unfortunately, it's turned into an absolute nightmare.

We were assured by our local council that because of her autism she would not be considered at a place at a mainstream school. She went to nursery at a school with an autism base. Logically we felt she would have started there.

Nope, she's been put in a mainstream class. No support and she's in there with 20-odd other kids. She's 5, and is still in nappies, still takes a dummy from time to time to settle her, can't put her coat on. Can't to anything a neurotypical child could do.

She's completely lost, the poor lamb, and is spending all day howling to come home. She's just sitting in the playground herself at interval, on her own. She's so unhappy at home, unsettled, and hasn't been sleeping.

Utterly heartbreaking.

Cant imagine how that feels. Must be gut wrenching. Best of luck

My little guy has had a bit of a cold and the past few nights he's had a bit of a cough which has resulted in him very unsettled, he's been getting his cough syrup and paracetamol every four hours but it's especially at night time of flares up. He's also been pulling at his ears but we're putting that down to him teething. Anyone got any suggestions or ideas that we can try to get him a bit more settled? Cheers. 

Here's a photo of him loving life at softplay! 

IMG_20170829_154510_995.jpg

3 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

My little guy has had a bit of a cold and the past few nights he's had a bit of a cough which has resulted in him very unsettled, he's been getting his cough syrup and paracetamol every four hours but it's especially at night time of flares up. He's also been pulling at his ears but we're putting that down to him teething. Anyone got any suggestions or ideas that we can try to get him a bit more settled? Cheers. 

Here's a photo of him loving life at softplay! 

IMG_20170829_154510_995.jpg

Tilt the cot at head end. Snuffle baby in a muslin tied to bar of fit. Bowl of water in the room. Lots time in a steam filled bathroom. Get his ears checked incase it's ear infection.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Was in the queue for our flight home from Venice yesterday and me and the Mrs got a pass to the front as one of the ladies working there realised she was pregnant and approached us. 

Good job she was pregnant or the lady would have got a fat lip no doubt.

On 8/31/2017 at 12:26, throbber said:

Middle of February

Might share a birthday with @Rugster then. 

We all have the cold here. Nightmare when you just want to lie in yer pit all day but a toddler wants entertained. Pretty selfish our families haven't moved closer to us tbh.

Might share a birthday with [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] then. 

We all have the cold here. Nightmare when you just want to lie in yer pit all day but a toddler wants entertained. Pretty selfish our families haven't moved closer to us tbh.

That's great then! Me and the Mrs had great holiday there and it wasn't much of a problem her being pregnant, she just took a sleep every day at around 2 or 3 pm to recharge a bit but it was fine. She's actually enjoying it now which is nice after a god awful first trimester.

Got 16 week appointment with midwife on Tuesday which will be fun I'm sure.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

That's great then! Me and the Mrs had great holiday there and it wasn't much of a problem her being pregnant, she just took a sleep every day at around 2 or 3 pm to recharge a bit but it was fine. She's actually enjoying it now which is nice after a god awful first trimester.

Got 16 week appointment with midwife on Tuesday which will be fun I'm sure.

She might get to hear the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment. Some midwives try to find it then! Glad she's feeling better.

She might get to hear the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment. Some midwives try to find it then! Glad she's feeling better.

I think that's what's going to happen, I'm going along as well. It's good she's feeling better though as it was like being around a different person for about 6 weeks.

Sakura got discharged from hospital today after 10 months of chemotherapy (not to mention the 9 days of radiology). Her bloods bounced back enough for her to have her full body CT Scan yesterday. (Get the results on Monday)

She has to go back for a blood test on Monday and we'll be briefed by the Pediatrician on any outpatient treatment and future scans (there's going to be lots for the next 5-10years).

I broke down in tears for the first time today after trying to be strong for my wife and daughter throughout the treatment (even though I gained a lot of strength from seeing just how brave and strong they are). I think the enormity of it all hit me at once when the entire medical team came out to see us off.

As I've said from the outset, one step at a time with many, many more to come but a significant step taken.