Pregnancy And Parenting

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Ben loves me that much he phoned me and we had a 5 minute chat mainly consisting of IT'S A BUS IT'S A BUS.

His mum really should put her phone out of reach.

I still get facetimed off grandson Jack every time he gets wrong, i'm the only one that can calm him down and stop his greeting :lol:

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Any of you parents had any experience with imperforate anus? Wee man will be 4 next month and toilet training is still seemingly impossible. There doesnt appear to be any help out there and with him going to school next year, we're beginning to panic a wee bit so just trying to find some advice from people who have gone through this before.

Tony, it's not something I'd heard of before and I suspect few on the thread have.  I'm pretty sure you'll have done this but there does seem to be some online groups/threads with useful input.

Best wishes to your wee man for what is a dreadful condition - but I ken you're a supportive dad.

3 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Any of you parents had any experience with imperforate anus? Wee man will be 4 next month and toilet training is still seemingly impossible. There doesnt appear to be any help out there and with him going to school next year, we're beginning to panic a wee bit so just trying to find some advice from people who have gone through this before.

I assume you've been through all the NHS has to offer, and your son has had the available procedures. Sorry I've got no experience to help you, but you might find somebody useful on here if you sign up on the forum and ask the same question. http://specialkidsintheuk.org/

4 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I've sent you a pm x

5 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Usually involves reconstruction surgery but further complications could involve the sphincter muscles or how it's connected to the vagina/urethra.

Is there no support from the Urologist, Pediatrician or Surgeon?

Sakura started the final cycle of chemotherapy yesterday. She's her usual cheerful happy self, always on the go in spite of needing yet more blood and platelet transfusions. 

Obviously we're keen to get back to a normal life (or as normal as possible) but without trying to sound like old Red being "institutionalised" in Shawshank, but having lived in the hospital since the begining of December last year, you start to feel "safe" in here. Apprehensive about this next step. 

8 hours ago, sjc said:

Sakura started the final cycle of chemotherapy yesterday. She's her usual cheerful happy self, always on the go in spite of needing yet more blood and platelet transfusions. 

Obviously we're keen to get back to a normal life (or as normal as possible) but without trying to sound like old Red being "institutionalised" in Shawshank, but having lived in the hospital since the begining of December last year, you start to feel "safe" in here. Apprehensive about this next step. 

All the best, keep your chin up.

One of the grandsons was tested for leukemia (one of his uncles on his father's side had it) and the results are good (in so far as he hasn't leukemia).

Tony, it's not something I'd heard of before and I suspect few on the thread have.  I'm pretty sure you'll have done this but there does seem to be some online groups/threads with useful input.
Best wishes to your wee man for what is a dreadful condition - but I ken you're a supportive dad.

I assume you've been through all the NHS has to offer, and your son has had the available procedures. Sorry I've got no experience to help you, but you might find somebody useful on here if you sign up on the forum and ask the same question. http://specialkidsintheuk.org/

I've sent you a pm x

Usually involves reconstruction surgery but further complications could involve the sphincter muscles or how it's connected to the vagina/urethra.
Is there no support from the Urologist, Pediatrician or Surgeon?

Yeah SJC, he's had 4 operations to reconstruct everything but has no muscles to control the bowel side of things. We have 4 consultants/ surgeons for each problem and they each have their own ways of doing things which can contradict each other when it comes to toilet training. Best of luck to you and your family with your wee one.

Cheers for the input guys, much appreciated. I'll give some of the group's a try and see how we get on [emoji106]

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be hard, and daunting in equal measure, but the bairn will go from strength to strength once she stops having to fight the drugs too. Its hard going I know as I have seen it. But you will just end up following her lead and it will be like it never even happened.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

All the best, keep your chin up.

One of the grandsons was tested for leukemia (one of his uncles on his father's side had it) and the results are good (in so far as he hasn't leukemia).

Cheers guys. Appreciated. Great news about your grandson, Jacksgranda.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

Cheers guys. Appreciated. Great news about your grandson, Jacksgranda.

Thanks, it can be a worry at times*, his parents, especially his mother, were nearly up the wall. They can't pin down what's wrong with him, but at least it's not that.

* Edit: You get your own children, or in my case step children, up and away and think "That's that", but the older they get the more you worry! And then the grand children come along...:lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

Haven't read all this thread and I'm assuming it's been covered. Found out my mrs is pregnant...how did you deal with her hormones? Ive been told numerous times already to get to f**k etc and we were over, she can do it alone etc...then back to normal a few hours later. Scary shit

Haven't read all this thread and I'm assuming it's been covered. Found out my mrs is pregnant...how did you deal with her hormones? Ive been told numerous times already to get to f**k etc and we were over, she can do it alone etc...then back to normal a few hours later. Scary shit

Maybe try and lower her self esteem by telling her she's ugly and will have a vagina like a hippos yawn after she has given birth.

d5de432e041c277b375ff88b7b3b9151.jpg

I've a summer cold so I'm sniffing and sneezing and my nose is blocked up. The young fella we care for offered me his nasal spray "I've hardly used it, daddy". I politely declined.

I suppose it could have been worse, he could have offered me suppositories.

On 8/20/2017 at 18:18, stuartsmfc said:

Get used to it :lol: