Pregnancy And Parenting

This might sound like a stupid question, but nothing new there. Anyone else feel guilty when they see their kids going through similar problems to the ones that they did?

Had a really bad week with the wean, and I'm stuck with The Fear at the moment.

Going in tomorrow morning to have number 2. Missus has been crying on and off all day. I have a voucher for free parking all day at the hospital and I have a little soft cushion I'm bringing for my bum because I was told to get off the birthing ball last time.
Just better prepared in general this time. Still nervous though.

Going in tomorrow morning to have number 2. Missus has been crying on and off all day. I have a voucher for free parking all day at the hospital and I have a little soft cushion I'm bringing for my bum because I was told to get off the birthing ball last time.
Just better prepared in general this time. Still nervous though.

Last time I took so much stuff then never needed any of it. Helped by the fact that ten minutes after I got into the ward the baby was born.

With that in mind if we have another it'll be the longest labour ever and I will be woefully underprepared.

d797485cbcdf185c14ca10ffff00509e.jpg
Baby Isla has been borned. Seems very happy, stretching, sneezing. So happy.
Dat placenta tho [emoji43]
They left it sitting on a tray for ages just wobbling away.

Congratulations!

Agree in the placenta, to think some folk eat them!

• 2 weeks later...

Conjunctivitis last week, drops cleared it up, now this morning she's woken up with one eye completely swollen shut and looks like Will Smith in that Hitch film. Been prescribed penicillin and antihistamines as they think it's either a reaction to something or an infection. Cannot catch a break the poor wee soul 

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.2065388b7c37ff475edb34f0ae24cc9d.JPG

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And HSF galavanting aswell...?

Dad points off the radar!

Mon the faithers!!!!

My 2 year old caught my bug from last week. First time shes been ill as a toddler really. Horrible. She vomited when she was in bed and we had to wake her to clean her up obviously. She just kept walking back to her bed and tryng to climb back into it cos she was shattered. Getting back to fitness now though.

HSF has had her share of it to be fair. Remember coming home to see her caked in vomit from a projectile incident and had to cut her t shirt off her. Lost count of the illnesses Catherine has had now, hopefully getting it all out her system early cause she really can't catch a break. It's the feeling of being helpless that really gets me. She's chirpy as f**k though, it's not affecting her. Wee stoater. 

Got the results today of Sakura's full body CT Scan from Monday. No metastases or relapse thankfully. Shes just started the 8th of 10 cycles of chemotherapy this week so fingers crossed 9 weeks to go.

Gambatte Sakura! :) x

Sorry to turn the focus away from the joy of pregnancy and parenting, folks. Always enjoy reading this thread.image-0-02-06-ff7720ef2faf3f20301a33c2785a7f13b5acac360ab79c77f8bcae29ba469105-V.thumb.jpg.48721cd95b152b6ade663f6ef6fb7814.jpg

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Conjunctivitis last week, drops cleared it up, now this morning she's woken up with one eye completely swollen shut and looks like Will Smith in that Hitch film. Been prescribed penicillin and antihistamines as they think it's either a reaction to something or an infection. Cannot catch a break the poor wee soul 

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.2065388b7c37ff475edb34f0ae24cc9d.JPG

Wee soul :( She'll be right though. They're tough, resilient wee things. Certainly put us adults to shame with their ability to just get on with it!

Get well soon Catherine xx

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

Got the results today of Sakura's full body CT Scan from Monday. No metastases or relapse thankfully. Shes just started the 8th of 10 cycles of chemotherapy this week so fingers crossed 9 weeks to go.

Gambatte Sakura! :) x

Sorry to turn the focus away from the joy of pregnancy and parenting, folks. Always enjoy reading this thread.image-0-02-06-ff7720ef2faf3f20301a33c2785a7f13b5acac360ab79c77f8bcae29ba469105-V.thumb.jpg.48721cd95b152b6ade663f6ef6fb7814.jpg

Don't be silly, that's a joy to read that good news! Fantastic stuff. Keep fighting Sakura! Xx

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Don't be silly, that's a joy to read that good news! Fantastic stuff. Keep fighting Sakura! Xx

Cheers mate. Appreciate that. You become very aware that even discussing the topic of child cancer makes a lot of people feel awkward. I don't mean to lay that on anyone, that's all.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

HSF has had her share of it to be fair. Remember coming home to see her caked in vomit from a projectile incident and had to cut her t shirt off her. Lost count of the illnesses Catherine has had now, hopefully getting it all out her system early cause she really can't catch a break. It's the feeling of being helpless that really gets me. She's chirpy as f**k though, it's not affecting her. Wee stoater. 

Niamh, now 6, spent her first 15 months catching everything and we spent fair amount time on drips for either antibiotics or because she'd got dehydrated. Or steroids for reactions.

She has loads food allergies but other than that never seems catch anything else.