Pregnancy And Parenting

Both of mine were sleeping through fairly early, maybe from about three months onwards. The youngest went through a phase of getting up during the night just before he turned two, only lasted a few weeks but was torture.

Now, Charlie, who is eight, goes to bed at 9pm and reads for half an hour and is typically asleep by 10pm, and Harry, who is five, goes to sleep at 8pm after a story. He's normally asleep within minutes.

They're both early risers though, even if they're up late for whatever reason they are generally awake for before 7am, which is torture, especially if they're knocking f**k out of each other.

Absolutely no chance of her being in her own room any time soon. Attempted it about two months ago for a night and within ten minutes she was awake and crying. Basically was fine when we came through and were near her, would cry as soon as we left the room.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Got my wife and wee baby back under our own roof now!!! It begins!!!!

I must admit I am not fazed about going back to constant bottles and nappies. No substitute for experience when it comes to that. My only big concern is how my 2 year old reacts and making sure she doesnt feel left out or replaced!

Since we are sure two is all we are having, today really is the first day of the rest of our lives!

All the best to you, the girls and the Mrs.

I have a hefty wager that your big yin will be absolutely fine and will love having the new wean.  It's likely to make her feel important.  Scroll on a decade when the big yin is in Secondary School and the wee yin is still in Primary THEN you'll understand what sibling rivalry is all about ;)

On 15/06/2017 at 03:58, Shandon Par said:

That was about the age my daughter learned to vault out of her bed and over the baby gate. The peace was shattered. Hope she sticks with that considerate behaviour for a while yet for you.

What you should've done is put another baby gate on top as that definitely stops them...

More parenting than baby stuff but my 10 year old came bounding in yesterday having just been named Class Captain for P7 next year.

For a girl who had all sorts of anxiety / separation issues growing up, not wanting to go to school for fear of 'new things' I couldn't have been more proud!

Wee gift home from nursery today. The homemade "world's best dad" rosette is in the car.
I fully expect chocolate, coffee, a daft t-shirt and to get annoyed at the social media "for all the Mummy's on father's day" type posts on Sunday.
db32658776177a9e13f4db5a1357a632.jpg

12 hours ago, monkeyblair said:

More parenting than baby stuff but my 10 year old came bounding in yesterday having just been named Class Captain for P7 next year.

For a girl who had all sorts of anxiety / separation issues growing up, not wanting to go to school for fear of 'new things' I couldn't have been more proud!

All the best for her last year at wee school.  Weans are resilient as f**k.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 09:31, Rowan said:

So said youngest had her second school visit. Destroying every belief I have about sending kids who are born late in the intake Callander going at 5.5. She's more than ready and was probably one most confident there! Her big brother is a sept baby and he had a deferred year, each kid is different.

oh and last night she came out with "mummy you're a penis, I love you"

I am a December baby and started in August at 4 1/2 and I coped fine. I agree it depends on the child.

ETA: this was in 1969 mind you......

Edited by Raidernation

She's been up for transition visits with nursery and induction days with me. shes made quiet the impression!!! She's going to be just fine!  Atttude pours out of her!

Wife and I are both big F1 fans. How reasonable would it be to take our daughter, who will have turned one the week before, to a race next year.

Will she sit long enough during the race to make it worthwhile for us going, and what are feeding schedules like at that age?