Pregnancy And Parenting

The youngest is 5 and he likes watching transformers (cartoon) and horrid Henry so it's not all bad. The same episodes sadly though. Oldest is 7 and prefers watching videos on YouTube.

Overall not so bad it seems.

I imagine you do anyway, but be careful with YouTube! My 10 year old nephew watches it a lot and recently informed his parents that Tigger (Winnie The Pooh) was a paedophile and so was Walt Disney as he saw it on YouTube. Thankfully he hasn't a clue what that word means.

Are there parental controls available on YouTube? There is some freaky shit on there. Dark/Deepweb stories spring to mind.

The wee one has her 6 monthly checkup with the consultant in Dundee tomorrow morning and she's faceplanted three times today. So will go for her checkup with three marks on her chest, a red mark on her cheek and a huge red screave about 3 inches long under her chin.
Catch her on the first bounce.

5 minutes ago, stimpy said:

The wee one has her 6 monthly checkup with the consultant in Dundee tomorrow morning and she's faceplanted three times today. So will go for her checkup with three marks on her chest, a red mark on her cheek and a huge red screave about 3 inches long under her chin.
Catch her on the first bounce.

:lol: My son had hernia surgery when he was about 2 and, when he went to be assessed, had bruises from his ankles to his thighs and my ex was worried sick he'd be regarded as a battered baby to the extent that she blackmailed me in to taking a day off work so I could get the blame!

All the best to your lassie.  Keep us posted.

[emoji38] My son had hernia surgery when he was about 2 and, when he went to be assessed, had bruises from his ankles to his thighs and my ex was worried sick he'd be regarded as a battered baby to the extent that she blackmailed me in to taking a day off work so I could get the blame!
All the best to your lassie.  Keep us posted.

It's just to see how she's progressing with her movement and processing, everything appears to be going OK but won't be till she's a bit older that they can check her vision. Cerebral palsy can affect peripheral vision, she is however using her affected (right) hand and arm way more recently which is great to see.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Was it Ruggy's maw who crocheted the lilac tammy?  You certainly didn't buy that in Primark.

Was the wife of a friend of my dad who I've never even met. She loves to knit and has sent loads up for Catherine. Very kind woman. 

3 minutes ago, stimpy said:

It's just to see how she's progressing with her movement and processing, everything appears to be going OK but won't be till she's a bit older that they can check her vision. Cerebral palsy can affect peripheral vision, she is however using her affected (right) hand and arm way more recently which is great to see.

What age is she now, bud?  I don't want to make a c**t of this and I ken heehaw about cerebral palsy but am interested.  What are the good signs and the bad yins?

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Was the wife of a friend of my dad who I've never even met. She loves to knit and has sent loads up for Catherine. Very kind woman. 

Thanks.  I pride myself on being able to identify weans' home-kitted headgear.

What age is she now, bud?  I don't want to make a c**t of this and I ken heehaw about cerebral palsy but am interested.  What are the good signs and the bad yins?

She's 2 now and has hemiplegia, hemi-half and plegia-paralysis. Wears an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) on her right leg that keeps everything in a good position and her heel down. She can reach out with her right hand but not lock her elbow out due to increased muscle tone and she can open her hand but struggles to grip.
In saying all that she's just like any other 2 year old but falls over a bit more because she doesn't lift he hemi foot enough.
Cerebral palsy has a huge umbrella of conditions from very mild through to every muscle and even vocal cords!
She is very much at the milder end of the scale.

2 minutes ago, stimpy said:

She's 2 now and has hemiplegia, hemi-half and plegia-paralysis. Wears an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) on her right leg that keeps everything in a good position and her heel down. She can reach out with her right hand but not lock her elbow out due to increased muscle tone and she can open her hand but struggles to grip.
In saying all that she's just like any other 2 year old but falls over a bit more because she doesn't lift he hemi foot enough.
Cerebral palsy has a huge umbrella of conditions from very mild through to every muscle and even vocal cords!

She's a wee honey.  Thanks for 'filling me in'*

*No Kenneth Williams GIF needed ;)

2 hours ago, stimpy said:

My granddaughter has Distonic Cerebral palsy, all four limbs are affected. Registered blind, no head control, non vocal and fed by a mickey button. She does However have a smile and a giggle that melts the hardest heart. Her care is hard going, but when she finally makes eye contact and gives you that big cheesy grin it makes it worthwhile and so proud. Hope she keeps on progressing bud, I wish her all the best

My granddaughter has Distonic Cerebral palsy, all four limbs are affected. Registered blind, no head control, non vocal and fed by a mickey button. She does However have a smile and a giggle that melts the hardest heart. Her care is hard going, but when she finally makes eye contact and gives you that big cheesy grin it makes it worthwhile and so proud. Hope she keeps on progressing bud, I wish her all the best

I've supported some people with severe learning disabilities and every single one of them has their own character and funny little quirks that a casual observer would miss. You cherish every little bit of interaction. All the best to you and yours too.

Alfie was a pain in the arse, but this I always thought was sound 
IMG_3471.PNG.73b5f5c381439a5334afb1fe782d6149.PNG

Violet has only just started being used in our house and usually all I hear is "5,10,15 minutes of bedtime music" Our eldest turns 8 tomorrow, no idea where the years have gone. Also moving house soon which means she's going to a new school after the summer for P4, will be going from a class of 20 odd to a full school of 16, 3 of them P4's and it will only be ours and one P3 in the school that are girls! Appears to have gotten over the initial fear of moving school and is now looking forward to it, even has a 2 day induction next week