Pregnancy And Parenting

On the topic of shits. Does anyone else find the ones that stink the most are the absolutely tiny ones?

Aila has been a bit constipated recently and you get a whiff of shite and think 'great' but then you open the parcel and it's just a tiny wee lump. Incredible the smell it gives off though. A back covering diarrhoea like effort is nowhere near as smelly.

On the topic of shits. Does anyone else find the ones that stink the most are the absolutely tiny ones?

Aila has been a bit constipated recently and you get a whiff of shite and think 'great' but then you open the parcel and it's just a tiny wee lump. Incredible the smell it gives off though. A back covering diarrhoea like effort is nowhere near as smelly.

We call them the nuclear nugget. Happens when dont drink enough but getting them to drink is sometimes a battle

We call them the nuclear nugget. Happens when dont drink enough but getting them to drink is sometimes a battle

Aye she can be fussy with juice but we persist with water throughout the day as it's horrible when she's constipated.

She's discovered that by vibrating her tongue between her lips it makes a funny noise and infuriates her parents when we're trying to feed her a rusk or porridge and get splattered by the stuff!

Try some fresh orange juice help constipation. 
And some baby massage on tummy

Will do. On the massage front: she was quite bad when she was younger and I used to regularly rub her belly. We got a right snotty midwife one day at home and she gave me a telling off for rubbing the stomach the wrong way! Given the list of petty things she commented on she was lucky Aila is a good sleeper or she'd have been told to GTF.

Will do. On the massage front: she was quite bad when she was younger and I used to regularly rub her belly. We got a right snotty midwife one day at home and she gave me a telling off for rubbing the stomach the wrong way! Given the list of petty things she commented on she was lucky Aila is a good sleeper or she'd have been told to GTF.

Remember not all midwifes are good midwifes. What works for some doesn't always work for others.
We had an absolute horror when my wife went into labour. She was a complete dick about it. We were told to get to the hospital by nurse on phone. Got there in rush hour traffic and this erse wanted to send us home as 'it wasn't really labour'. 7 days over, contractions and first time parents and she wanted us to drive back through rush hour traffic home until i could turn back and come in again.
She looked like a cross between hagrid and heather from eastenders.
Oh and we were emergency c sec due to his heart beat in the end. Thankfully she had fucked off back to her cave by then

3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My second daughter was born this morning at 11:05. After she burst her waters at half 7, I'd say that's not too bad.

Baby was 7lb 10oz and fair play to her Mum for getting her out with just Gas and air.

Congratulations mate. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My second daughter was born this morning at 11:05. After she burst her waters at half 7, I'd say that's not too bad.

Baby was 7lb 10oz and fair play to her Mum for getting her out with just Gas and air.

That was exactly the same as my second boy, waters broke around 7, born around 11, the wife only needing gas and air, he was slightly heavier at 8lb but he does have more body parts than your daughter!

Congrats m9

Congrats mate. Another lass. Hope all is well with everyone

On 10/05/2017 at 17:36, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Congrats Bobby, glad alls well

I was in the bathroom with my 2 year old helping her brush her teeth last night and when we were done she took off running for her bedroom and due to her hemiplegia didn't manage to take the corner and went down in a heap banging her head on the stairs gate. Cue lots of tears, snot and cuddles then once I got her settled we went back to the bathroom to wipe the tears and snot away. Once she was cleaned up I said "going to bed now?" She knoded the turned away from me the long way to go out and walked right into the edge of the door, more tears and snot.

Sometimes feels like falling over and walking into things is her hobby, she's covered in bruises and scabs. Bubble wrap and a crash helmet may be the way forward.

Spelling edit.

Nah leave her be would be my opinion. I can always remember a couple of boys at my (primary) school who whenever they tripped or hurt themselves would burst into tears. They weren't picked on but whenever that happened they were spoken about in what can only be described as childhood bitching. I imagine they were bubble wrapped at home so it was a shock to the system.

It's slightly different for girls I suppose, but providing it's nothing dangerous I'll be relatively chilled when my wee one starts knocking into things.*

* No doubt I'll be on here in 2 years time crying tears and snot when Aila gets her first scab!