Pregnancy And Parenting

We definitely have the chicken pox here but the wee one is taking it well. I've had her in oat baths every night before bed and the chemist gave us some diprobase cream to help the itch. Just praying I don't catch them as we are going on holiday a week tomorrow! 
That's her been at nursery a month. Home early the first day due to a high temperature. Didn't go to nursery the following week as temp was still high. This week she'll not be in due to the chicken pox. She's done 2 full days I think [emoji38] My work probably think I'm at it. Shit having no family close by to help. 

True. I've no family here and her mum and dad went on hols Friday. I could probably take him to work and nobody would notice! Chicken pops lol

7 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

We definitely have the chicken pox here but the wee one is taking it well. I've had her in oat baths every night before bed and the chemist gave us some diprobase cream to help the itch. Just praying I don't catch them as we are going on holiday a week tomorrow! 

That's her been at nursery a month. Home early the first day due to a high temperature. Didn't go to nursery the following week as temp was still high. This week she'll not be in due to the chicken pox. She's done 2 full days I think :lol: My work probably think I'm at it. Shit having no family close by to help. 

At least yours had the decency get it before centre parcs. We'd driven down, checked in and we're having lunch. Niamh needed loo so too her and there were the spots! 

The other night I was cooking dinner and I had a look at my phone to see an email from amazon confirming my purchase of Rogue  One. I immediately thought I'd been hacked and started looking into reporting it only to wander into the living room and see the wee madam with a grip on the fire stick remote. Put it on and sure enough she'd managed to buy the film. At least it wasn't some shite movie, or something massively expensive! 

Quine had her jags yesterday. Took to them well, a wee cry but as soon as she was picked up it was as if she had forgotten about them at all. She's suffering a bit this morning though, really groggy and clingy.

On the chickenpox front her cousin apparently looks like he's coming down with them and she spends a lot of time round at theirs so I think it may be on its way. Good to get it over with early I guess.

Quine had her jags yesterday. Took to them well, a wee cry but as soon as she was picked up it was as if she had forgotten about them at all. She's suffering a bit this morning though, really groggy and clingy.

On the chickenpox front her cousin apparently looks like he's coming down with them and she spends a lot of time round at theirs so I think it may be on its way. Good to get it over with early I guess.

I remember my boy getting his jags. He looked at me like WHY ARE YOU NOT STOPPING HER! WAAAAA

I remember my boy getting his jags. He looked at me like WHY ARE YOU NOT STOPPING HER! WAAAAA

She was like that for her first set, since then it's not really bothered her any more than when she has a fall. A cry but as soon as she's picked up its like she's forgotten why she was crying.

Guess I better join here - first child born into the world 4:51 on Thursday morning. His mum had to get an emergency section so not the most straightforward of births but he's doing ok now the wee chubber. Not a great first few days for him though, or more for me. Hes a wee star and i love him to bits, but feel so useless at the moment. I know it gets easier but seems a long way off at the moment

My 4 year old is starting to tell porkies and thinking he is the smart fella! There was a chocolate easter rabbit in the fridge and I noticed the ears were bitten off it and covered back with foil. Asked him what happened to it and he said our next door neighbour Gerry did it.
This Old man who has never been in our house before walked in, ate some chocolate from our fridge and left.
I said come on then let's go and see Gerry about it and the scamp was walking up to his door to knock! Some neck.

A wee update on our neighbour Gerry. Maybe he DID break in and steal our chocolate! http://www.echo.ie/news/article/tallaght-man-pleads-guilty-to-claiming-167-000-in-fraudulent-social-welfare-payments

Yip, same feeling I got when the wee one got her injections. That look of "why aren't you helping me?" killed me. I'm a big sap since she's arrived and I'll admit I had a lump in my throat that day.

Needless to say I haven't attended when she's had her follow ups (though she never cried at those ones!).

Aww look at her! Catherine's top two teeth are coming in now but she seems completely fine with it. Her favourite place is her high chair at the moment! The amount of food she is putting away is unbelievable! She was eating big strips of steak tonight. Just hope she stays this way. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Very jealous of that. My one is now nearly 2 and her eating is a pain in the arse.

I don't know if it's helped but we completely skipped the puree stage and she's been eating normal food since 6 months. Only the last 2 weeks I'd say she's really picked up her appetite and is now easily on three meals a day. 

She is 1 a month today. 

How long until your 2nd is due? Can't be too long? Hope Mrs Bairnardo is keeping well.

Aww look at her! Catherine's top two teeth are coming in now but she seems completely fine with it. Her favourite place is her high chair at the moment! The amount of food she is putting away is unbelievable! She was eating big strips of steak tonight. Just hope she stays this way. 

Were her top ones the first to come through? Aila's first is right at the bottom. Her favourite place just now is her jumparoo, absolutely loves it.

Slightly OT but Aila's middle name is Catherine (after my late Nana). It's obviously an older name but the more I hear it and put the wee one's face to it I find the more I like it and don't see it as an older name. Thought I'd share that with you :lol: