Pregnancy And Parenting

My wee one is 10 days old and I'd give it a 4/10 at the moment in terms of toughness. She's been really good the only time I find it hard is when she cries and you don't really know what it's for. Amazing though.

bd9741aca2ec1dd1e5a2f01dc25a5700.jpg

My wee one is 10 days old and I'd give it a 4/10 at the moment in terms of toughness. She's been really good the only time I find it hard is when she cries and you don't really know what it's for. Amazing though.

She's lulling you in to a false sense of security [emoji6]

I didn't know that 6 year molars were a thing until the last couple of weeks. Josh has been having quite a bit of gum pain thanks to them. I thought our days of teething powders were long gone.

14 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't worry, you start to learn what the different cries are for.

Anyone here had any experience with the night terrors? My wee boy (3 years old) woke up a couple of nights ago absolutely wringing with sweat, screaming and crying and saying that his mouth and ears hurt. Every time we tried to go near him he'd shout at us and lash out, despite the fact he seemed to still be sleeping. It's never happened before and it upset my wife quite a lot. Touch wood, it's not happened again.

Anyway (if I can get the photo to upload!) here he is looking pretty pleased with himself before going to his first Saints away game at Dingwall a few weeks ago:

5f73066a981a45e750d40ffe08c20004.jpg

Our oldest (19 months) has had them 3/4 times and as our fellow Saints fan has said above it was when he wasn't well. He was throwing himself around the cot for a good 10 minutes. Was brutal. Then he would eventually take his water and conk out. All you can do is make it safe and be there. Trying to intervene unfortunately doesn't work, or didn't for us anyway.

On an aside hope he enjoyed his first away game. Can't wait to get Sam to Mcdiarmid.

Our oldest (19 months) has had them 3/4 times and as our fellow Saints fan has said above it was when he wasn't well. He was throwing himself around the cot for a good 10 minutes. Was brutal. Then he would eventually take his water and conk out. All you can do is make it safe and be there. Trying to intervene unfortunately doesn't work, or didn't for us anyway.

On an aside hope he enjoyed his first away game. Can't wait to get Sam to Mcdiarmid.

Cheers for this (and pandarilla and nelsjfc). Yep, it happened when he was ill as well. We managed to calm him down and back to sleep, but he'd start screaming and shouting again about 30 mins later. Fortunately it hasn't happened again - yet.

He really enjoyed his trip to Dingwall- who doesn't like a last minute winner! He's probably still a little bit young to go regularly, as after an hour he's saying he's bored and wants to go home. I'm only taking him to a home game if his 6 year old cousin isn't going - the two of them are unbearable together!

Don't worry, you start to learn what the different cries are for.

Sometimes it can be a total nightmare trying to work out why they're crying! I remember one night at about 3am our son was crying. We'd tried all the usual things and nothing helped.

After about an hour of trying and failing to work out the reason, I finally realised he was getting upset everytime he was kicking his legs out straight. It turned out he'd had a growth spurt and his baby grow was too short for him, meaning he couldn't straighten his legs out, which was massively pissing him off!

Probably for sticking a phone in her face [emoji13]congrats mate, she's a Beaut.

Alex has a cough and cold (i have same) and hasnt slept longer than 40 mins at a time over last two nights.
I have taken on night duty as wife is working and i am off.
Shes not working tomorrow so i get the night off. I have never looked forward to my bed so much in all my life and its just gone 8

I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to want a lie in on a Saturday and I can stomp about hoovering and banging doors at 6am. Payback!

Josh has this week just started going downstairs and putting the TV on when he gets up in the morning. This combined with Alice generally lying in a bit meant I got to stay in bed until 20 to 8 this morning.

Result.

My 4 year old is starting to tell porkies and thinking he is the smart fella! There was a chocolate easter rabbit in the fridge and I noticed the ears were bitten off it and covered back with foil. Asked him what happened to it and he said our next door neighbour Gerry did it.
This Old man who has never been in our house before walked in, ate some chocolate from our fridge and left.
I said come on then let's go and see Gerry about it and the scamp was walking up to his door to knock! Some neck.

28 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

My 4 year old is starting to tell porkies and thinking he is the smart fella! There was a chocolate easter rabbit in the fridge and I noticed the ears were bitten off it and covered back with foil. Asked him what happened to it and he said our next door neighbour Gerry did it.
This Old man who has never been in our house before walked in, ate some chocolate from our fridge and left.
I said come on then let's go and see Gerry about it and the scamp was walking up to his door to knock! Some neck.

Gerry's got away with that one.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another landmark day for my wee lassie as she went into her big bed lastnight.

If I allowed myself, I could easily shed a tear at this. Shes not even 2 yet and I already feel like shes growing up too quick. Once the nappies go thats it. Shes not my wee baby anymore.

I do have another on the way though so plenty time for more baby stuff.

My youngest grandson who's just turned 3 has been in a big bed now around a year. Last week was the first time he's ventured out the bed when he woke up. You always had to go through and get him up, he'd just lie awake waiting for you :lol:

11 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The boy has chicken pox. My missus is pregnant too and because she is a middle child her mum cant remember if she has had them.

We definitely have the chicken pox here but the wee one is taking it well. I've had her in oat baths every night before bed and the chemist gave us some diprobase cream to help the itch. Just praying I don't catch them as we are going on holiday a week tomorrow! 

That's her been at nursery a month. Home early the first day due to a high temperature. Didn't go to nursery the following week as temp was still high. This week she'll not be in due to the chicken pox. She's done 2 full days I think :lol: My work probably think I'm at it. Shit having no family close by to help. 

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

We definitely have the chicken pox here but the wee one is taking it well. I've had her in oat baths every night before bed and the chemist gave us some diprobase cream to help the itch. Just praying I don't catch them as we are going on holiday a week tomorrow! 

That's her been at nursery a month. Home early the first day due to a high temperature. Didn't go to nursery the following week as temp was still high. This week she'll not be in due to the chicken pox. She's done 2 full days I think :lol: My work probably think I'm at it. Shit having no family close by to help. 

I had it when I was a wean and caught it again 3 years ago. I looked like a pizza. It was awful and if you look close enough with the correct sunlight I look like I have wandered through a tiny wee asteroid belt.