Pregnancy And Parenting

10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Mini-Dindy has arrived, she was 9 lbs 7 so it was no wonder it took a while.

She's a smasher, Dindi.  Congrats and all the best to your Mrs.

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Congrats Dindy!

The wee one loves her hats B)

I had to scroll back and saw your wee yin's coming up for 6 months.  She's looking great, bud.  

Mini-Dindy has arrived, she was 9 lbs 7 so it was no wonder it took a while.

5fce276cd3de54e02ef5c8d410a9df4d.jpg

Congrats Dindeleux and mrs Dindeleux. Make use of your time whilst they are still in hospital. You arent going to get time to yourself for a long time

Youngest had his first set of injections today but rather than all pile in I took oldest for his first haircut. He absolutely loved it, although I appreciate this probably won't last. This was him pre cut.

Also, congrats Dindeleux [emoji106]????IMG_1491337841.257459.jpg

Anyone here had any experience with the night terrors? My wee boy (3 years old) woke up a couple of nights ago absolutely wringing with sweat, screaming and crying and saying that his mouth and ears hurt. Every time we tried to go near him he'd shout at us and lash out, despite the fact he seemed to still be sleeping. It's never happened before and it upset my wife quite a lot. Touch wood, it's not happened again.

Anyway (if I can get the photo to upload!) here he is looking pretty pleased with himself before going to his first Saints away game at Dingwall a few weeks ago:

5f73066a981a45e750d40ffe08c20004.jpg

Anyone here had any experience with the night terrors? My wee boy (3 years old) woke up a couple of nights ago absolutely wringing with sweat, screaming and crying and saying that his mouth and ears hurt. Every time we tried to go near him he'd shout at us and lash out, despite the fact he seemed to still be sleeping. It's never happened before and it upset my wife quite a lot. Touch wood, it's not happened again.

Anyway (if I can get the photo to upload!) here he is looking pretty pleased with himself before going to his first Saints away game at Dingwall a few weeks ago:

Our eldest one did that once but fortunately never again. Genuinely scary moment but seemingly quite normal.

I guess it's all about how often. If it's happening regularly then obviously you need to go and see what can be done.

The first few days are easy! They just sleep.

She's looking grand mate.

First 36 hours were pretty horrendous for us. She wouldn't sleep unless held by me or my wife, and feeding wasn't going well, she just didn't seem to latch properly.

First 6 weeks were tough, been plain sailing since then. Probably jinxed it now.

Our oldest had night terrors a few times - mainly when she had a fever. It's very unsettling but there is not much you can do except try and comfort and calm them (if you let you!) till they come round or fall back to sleep. Try and talk, ask what's happening and reassure them its okay. But to be honest, you're fairly helpless in the situation above.

Beatrix's first birthday today. Looking back at a few photos from the day she was born. It seems like everyone says this but it's really hard to believe it's been a year already.

More disturbingly, looking at the pictures I think I've grown more than she has.

Been out for a walk with the wee man who's been a bit under the weather the last week with some kind of virus.

Gets back in and sticks the radio on and JX "There's Nothin i wont do" is playing away.  Now, this is an all time favourite of mine from when i was a yoot, and he's going mental for it.  Dancing away and flinging his arms about.

I'll need to wait till he's older before i can tell him why the song has such fond memories for me, though. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Been out for a walk with the wee man who's been a bit under the weather the last week with some kind of virus.
Gets back in and sticks the radio on and JX "There's Nothin i wont do" is playing away.  Now, this is an all time favourite of mine from when i was a yoot, and he's going mental for it.  Dancing away and flinging his arms about.
I'll need to wait till he's older before i can tell him why the song has such fond memories for me, though. 

Can't wait to introduce by kids to Dan Bull.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

My wee lass is 7 on Sunday. f**k knows where the time's gone!

Her and 11 of her wee pals are going trampolining tomorrow then coming back to ours for snacks then no doubt go mental and trash my house. I'm genuinely afraid emoji53.png

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some snacks left for you.