Pregnancy And Parenting

41 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Has anyone had any bother with the tommee tippee perfect prep machine ? Seeing some horror stories in the news recently. My wee girl is only 10 weeks old so she cries a bit anyway. Machine was brand new and works a treat but not sure if I should be concerned. Possibly an English problem with hard water compared to our softer water ?

Open it up and check the pipes aren't mouldy mate. 

Just a wee update on my daughters treatment. (Sorry for the long winded post)
We received the molecular testing results of the tumour back from Tokyo in January which unfortunately told us that it wasn't wilms tumour as the favourability tests suggested but rhabdoid tumour of the kidney which is far more aggressive and the statistics make grim reading.
Sakura's treatment was immediately changed to 30 weeks of chemotherapy and 7 days of radiotherapy. She's just finishing cycle 3 of chemotherapy (cycle = 3 weeks) and completed the radiotherapy last Tuesday. She's doing well in spite of her white blood cell count hitting the floor for about 10 days every cycle which has resulted in 4 blood & platelet transfusions to date.
Recent MRI & CT Scans have shown no metastases (relapse) which is good news. We're currently living in the hospital which whilst isn't ideal it's good that we're all together for each other.
One step at a time continues to be the way forward for us here. Gambatte as they say in Japan!
The outdoor pic is from 3 weeks ago when we were allowed to take Sakura home for 2 days before her 3rd chemotherapy cycle & radiotherapy started.....was nice to feel normal again!

IMG-20170323-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5af279bf4471e0c78cb957b65e0ba77e.jpg
IMG-20170323-WA0000.thumb.jpg.6181a9733d4710791a432123dd0be3e2.jpg

She looks a cracker mate. Hope all goes well and she can get on with just being a bairn

8 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Has anyone had any bother with the tommee tippee perfect prep machine ? Seeing some horror stories in the news recently. My wee girl is only 10 weeks old so she cries a bit anyway. Machine was brand new and works a treat but not sure if I should be concerned. Possibly an English problem with hard water compared to our softer water ?

I've had mine 6 months. Opened the back and checked it a couple of weeks ago, it was fine.

Had someone text me about watchdog doing a story about the filters not actually filtering anything out. 

I top it up with cooled down boiled water, change the filters and do a cleaning cycle regularly.

It would take a lot for me to stop using, its too handy! 

We have it, no issues. I know people up here who have had issues but seems to be those who have the white machine. We have the black version. 

My missus spent a while arguing with me that the woman from Alness that went public with that story "definitely isn't a mink"

I pulled ours apart to find nothing. Lazy bassa's probably not been cleaning it.

On 27/03/2017 at 13:07, sjc said:

Just a wee update on my daughters treatment. (Sorry for the long winded post)

We received the molecular testing results of the tumour back from Tokyo in January which unfortunately told us that it wasn't wilms tumour as the favourability tests suggested but rhabdoid tumour of the kidney which is far more aggressive and the statistics make grim reading.

Sakura's treatment was immediately changed to 30 weeks of chemotherapy and 7 days of radiotherapy. She's just finishing cycle 3 of chemotherapy (cycle = 3 weeks) and completed the radiotherapy last Tuesday. She's doing well in spite of her white blood cell count hitting the floor for about 10 days every cycle which has resulted in 4 blood & platelet transfusions to date.

Recent MRI & CT Scans have shown no metastases (relapse) which is good news. We're currently living in the hospital which whilst isn't ideal it's good that we're all together for each other.

One step at a time continues to be the way forward for us here. Gambatte as they say in Japan!

The outdoor pic is from 3 weeks ago when we were allowed to take Sakura home for 2 days before her 3rd chemotherapy cycle & radiotherapy started.....was nice to feel normal again!

IMG-20170323-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170323-WA0000.jpg

My thoughts are with you. The shades are good - you look like Maverick from Top Gun after he hit hard times. 

On 31/03/2017 at 11:36, Believe The Hype said:

Best purchase I have ever made. Never had any issues with it

My girlfriend is in about her 16489503020471st hour of labour.

She's just having a wee final hours sleep before the big push, 14 days late our wee one but she'll be here soon.