Pregnancy And Parenting

Wife had our first child on Wednesday. Zoe, almost two weeks overdue and 9 lb so a big unit. She was due in to get induced the same day but started having little contractions on Monday night. By early hours of Wednesday morning baby was obviously in the post.

Both fine but the delivery was a bit traumatic. There wasn't much progress by about 1pm so decided an emergency section was the way forward. By the time they called me in to theatre in my scrubs, baby was coming out normally. She then turned around and had to be delivered by forceps. I half expected her to be flicking us all the middle finger when she was born.

Both fine now, and coming home today.

Wife had our first child on Wednesday. Zoe, almost two weeks overdue and 9 lb so a big unit. She was due in to get induced the same day but started having little contractions on Monday night. By early hours of Wednesday morning baby was obviously in the post.

Both fine but the delivery was a bit traumatic. There wasn't much progress by about 1pm so decided an emergency section was the way forward. By the time they called me in to theatre in my scrubs, baby was coming out normally. She then turned around and had to be delivered by forceps. I half expected her to be flicking us all the middle finger when she was born.

Sounds pretty similar to my experience, we went in at 9.00ish to be induced but it ended up a very long day with some 'moments', daughter eventually decided to come out as late as she possibly could. Her birth certificate has 00.00 as her time of birth, does that make her a witch? [emoji3]

Glad everything went alright, the fun's just beginning! [emoji6]

10 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Congratulations placid 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

If only she came home with green hair.

Amirite?

My older two are quite 'square' but the wee yin (pushing 15) is the arty/ballet/dance/drama one of the three and loves to push boundaries, much to her maw's chagrin.  She's my wee lassie so it's only been an issue once...when she turned up at Kinky Heights with green hair.  Thankfully it was easy rectified with lots of shampoo and tutting ;)

17 minutes ago, supermik said:

Been watching the grandsons all day. Non stop Nick jr and Peppa Pig. Not seen any sport at all so dont know any of the scores yet :(. Worth it though as the day has passed in pretty much perfect peace and quiet.

Peppa pig and paw patrol just now saves the day 

Peppa is a wee cow. That show got binned from my house a while back.

Paw Patrol is cracking, though. Chase is an absolute boi.

Marshall knows how to get the ladies though (very much the face of the group (if we're going all a team)). Chase is a bit too US marines for me.

Ben and Holly still piss all over paw patrol.