Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Certainly don't miss the nappies when teething!!
Don't get the connection between teeth coming through and sh!t exploding all over.

Funny that. It just happened to me an hour ago. Up the back, coming out the legs, ended up on my arms and his wee legs go like the clappers when he's getting changed because apparently cleaning his bum is hilarious, so his socks got covered which meant the bed got covered.

I can hear him in there making noises just now. He was out cold when I left the room. Why don't they sleep?

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Certainly don't miss the nappies when teething!!
Don't get the connection between teeth coming through and sh!t exploding all over.

Nae c**t does but it happens.  PhD thesis, perhaps?  "My lovely child gnaws on anything whilst dropping her guts in such a volume that it isn't humanly possible given her body cavity"

First night home not going particularly well. Got the older one settled and sleeping by 7. Baby downstairs feeding 7-9. Easy going I thought so far. Then changing the baby's nappy before attempting to head up causes loud screaming which unsettles older boy. Cue 3 hours of resettling whilst the baby goes back to his feeding. Feel like this is going to be an ongoing saga [emoji853] [emoji99] [emoji42]

First night home not going particularly well. Got the older one settled and sleeping by 7. Baby downstairs feeding 7-9. Easy going I thought so far. Then changing the baby's nappy before attempting to head up causes loud screaming which unsettles older boy. Cue 3 hours of resettling whilst the baby goes back to his feeding. Feel like this is going to be an ongoing saga [emoji853] [emoji99] [emoji42]

Aye, it'll click eventually. I had that exact thought on our first night home with an 11 month old and newborn sleeping in our room. They'll just need time to get used to each other.

Got up this morning and went through to the kids room.

8yo, Craig, is mummy ok?

Me, yeah she's fine, how?

8yo, cause I heard her making a noise like "hee hee hee hee"

Me, I think it's just her cold that's bothering her.

8yo, oh, OK.

Me, *gathers up 2yo and makes sharp exit down the stairs.

Bloody bairns.

Got up this morning and went through to the kids room.

8yo, Craig, is mummy ok?

Me, yeah she's fine, how?

8yo, cause I heard her making a noise like "hee hee hee hee"

Me, I think it's just her cold that's bothering her.

8yo, oh, OK.

Me, *gathers up 2yo and makes sharp exit down the stairs.

Bloody bairns.

Why was she laughing at you?

Baby back to her normal self except for still having the skitters which takes a few days to clear apparently. Unfortunately now me and her maw have got it coming out both ends meaning since about 6am this morning we've basically been taking turns on the toilet :thumbsdown

Glad she's on the mend Ruggy. Three days and two nights in. First night was a disaster with Sam being wakened from his little brother. But last night he slept 7-7 without a peep. George still finding his feet but has been a wee star so far. [emoji106]????

On 1/27/2017 at 07:19, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Anyone else had problems getting kids to stop swearing?

09450204.jpg

Caught the wee man (3) saying "What the f**k you little monster" to his sister (1) a few months back :wacko:

1 hour ago, banana said:

Caught the wee man (3) saying "What the f**k you little monster" to his sister (1) a few months back :wacko:

My boys 5 and used some colorful language but he's been well warned that he uses anything similar again he'll be banned from anything fun for a very long time.

On a positive note when i posted before i had just started to help running the wee mans football team and it's absolutely fantastic.  got a great bunch of boys and the wee man loves that i'm his coach.  just training just now but games on the horizon it'll be a proud moment watching his debut in the coming weeks.

on number 2 wife is coming up for 20 week scan in march 

My son was born by a section on 31st December 2015. When the consultant told us I I asked her "Can you not hold off till the 1st of January?" She said no and then asked what difference that would make. "Well said I, if he's born on the 31st he's the youngest at his boys club when he starts playing football. Hold off a day he'd be the oldest." Apparently I wasn't taking the situation very seriously.

My son was born by a section on 31st December 2015. When the consultant told us I I asked her "Can you not hold off till the 1st of January?" She said no and then asked what difference that would make. "Well said I, if he's born on the 31st he's the youngest at his boys club when he starts playing football. Hold off a day he'd be the oldest." Apparently I wasn't taking the situation very seriously.

It is true though it's not like school it's year born lol.

35 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

I didn't want a feb baby as school yr stuff. So I was pleased when my due date was 7th march. Needless to say she decided to not play ball and was evicted at 37weeks on the 16th feb.

she also is going to school as her defiance of due date was an indicator of what was to come. On her terms, when she decides, if she decides......

Well that's the first week done and dusted. I'm absolutely knakered. Having two so close together was always going to be a challenge but I've literally not stopped in a week. Not helped by my wife's inability to deal with our toddler due to her C Sec scar. Still, it's absolutely worth it. What a guy he is [emoji5].

IMG_1486060860.934372.jpg