Pregnancy And Parenting

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We had a brief (an hour or so) power cut tonight which made me think. We've no gas, fortunately had some ready made milk, but if it was as long as it has been before here - up to 36 hours - wtf would we have done? Anyone else experienced something like that? 

In my last place we lost electricity for about 14 hours and all I had were a few tea lights.  Not even a torch..  Wasn't a big deal as we'd had dinner so we went to bed and had a cold breakfast in the morning.

Since then, I've bought a camping stove and some gas canisters along with a couple of battery lanterns and some 'provisions' with a long shelf life.  Never used them, though.

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We had a brief (an hour or so) power cut tonight which made me think. We've no gas, fortunately had some ready made milk, but if it was as long as it has been before here - up to 36 hours - wtf would we have done? Anyone else experienced something like that? 

Get yourself one of these.

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/258605-campingaz-camp-bistro-2-stove-mid-blue.html

28 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Don't worry we move the last of her stuff on Saturday and I am being helped by 2 of my neighbours,one of which is an Irish traveller and he used to be a bare knuckle boxer.If he said it was Tuesday today I would agree with him.

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If he's a traveller, how is he a neighbour? A temporary neighbour? :unsure2:

If he says he's a traveller, he's a traveller, o.k.?

34 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Don't worry we move the last of her stuff on Saturday and I am being helped by 2 of my neighbours,one of which is an Irish traveller and he used to be a bare knuckle boxer.If he said it was Tuesday today I would agree with him.

I can stand down my Community Activists, then...

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

We've no gas either, but fortunately my parents live less than half a mile away, and they do have gas, so if it was ever out for an extended period we would go there.

1 hour ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

My little guy born today at 13:38, weighing 9.3lbs. Absolutely fascinated with him! 

IMG_0656.JPG

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of no sleep.

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We've no gas either, but fortunately my parents live less than half a mile away, and they do have gas, so if it was ever out for an extended period we would go there.

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of no sleep.

Thank you mate. 

A pretty frequent occurrence where I am but usually last only a few hours. In more remote areas they can lose power for a few days at a time. We've got a gas/electric cooker so we get by ok but having no lights, tv, internet is a pain...worse is no air-con. If you can imagine having no heating in winter it's not too far off!

Knocked up the Missus again, that's her due on the 24th May. Had the 12 week scan today and everything is sound.

After quite a troublesome month or two where we initial thought we'd lost it and with a close family member passing away this has been a blessing in disguise. Thankfully I've managed to keep my argumentative nature to a minimum on here during this time.

Already looking forward to the shitey nappies and spew covered clothes.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Knocked up the Missus again, that's her due on the 24th May. 

Don't play the hard man, young Rab.  We all ken you're soft as shite however you post.

Best wishes to your Mrs.  Shitey nappies aside, wee weans are just brilliant.  You ken this.

5 hours ago, Günther said:

Been looking at booking our family holiday for next summer. A bit of a fright when prompted for my sons age to then chose 10... how come they grow up so quick??!!

Parents meeting tomorrow as well... let's see if his teacher is as incredibly hot and stunning as the one 2 years ago! My son didn't quite get it when I told him I'd have paid more attention in school if my teachers looked like that :lol:. Last years wasnae too bad either thinking of it!

I'm sure they're looking forward to your attendance.

Don't play the hard man, young Rab.  We all ken you're soft as shite however you post.

Best wishes to your Mrs.  Shitey nappies aside, wee weans are just brilliant.  You ken this.

You can't even wish luck without sounding a bit arsey, eh?

I know you mean well so, thank you.