Pregnancy And Parenting

Re ninewells vs pri worth mentioning that plenty will want the reassurance of being at ninewells. We had planned to go to pri for our first but as the she was late had to go to Dundee which was a blessing as it was a bit of a drama.

The staff were mostly excellent at ninewells. It was busy upstairs afterward the first one but the second we had literally a whole ward to ourselves pre labour suite.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm a daddy. Got my princess, Aila. 8lb exactly. Went in at 21:00 and she arrived at 04:50. My wife was naturally exhausted (as she had been having pains since 04:30 the previous night and hadn't slept) and she had to get a hand with the suction thingy. My missus would push and head would come out but after the contraction it'd go back in! When they got the wee one out it turns out she had her arm around her neck so my wife was always fighting a losing battle!

My little chunky monkey, though at this stage she looks like most bairns :lol:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1475819591.918704.jpg

Congrats :thumsup2

Although, I too am a little disappointed in the lack of a Dobbie connection in her name. His wifes called Susanne ... just saying :lol:

Edited by Mr X

Thanks again for the comments folks. First night was scarily easy. Put her down at 11pm (everyone was sleeping by 11:04pm!) and apart from a wee stir at 2 ish she slept until 8am. And even then she never cried, she just had her eyes open and I decided I'd better get her up and get her fed. I was a bit concerned that she wasn't up during the night but apparently I used to sleep straight through straight from birth. So I'm just assuming (hoping and praying) she takes after her daddy B)

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thanks again for the comments folks. First night was scarily easy. Put her down at 11pm (everyone was sleeping by 11:04pm!) and apart from a wee stir at 2 ish she slept until 8am. And even then she never cried, she just had her eyes open and I decided I'd better get her up and get her fed. I was a bit concerned that she wasn't up during the night but apparently I used to sleep straight through straight from birth. So I'm just assuming (hoping and praying) she takes after her daddy B)

Congratulations.:thumsup2

On 07/10/2016 at 06:53, 19QOS19 said:

I'm a daddy. Got my princess, Aila. 8lb exactly. Went in at 21:00 and she arrived at 04:50. My wife was naturally exhausted (as she had been having pains since 04:30 the previous night and hadn't slept) and she had to get a hand with the suction thingy. My missus would push and head would come out but after the contraction it'd go back in! When they got the wee one out it turns out she had her arm around her neck so my wife was always fighting a losing battle!

My little chunky monkey, though at this stage she looks like most bairns :lol:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1475819591.918704.jpg

Congrats, she's a wee smasher

On 10/8/2016 at 16:05, 19QOS19 said:

That's cheating!

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:05, 19QOS19 said:

If there's one thing worse than babies making a noise, it's babies not making a noise...