Pregnancy And Parenting

What age is he, Dave?

He's nine. Not quite old enough to be interested in the lascivious beverages or women of easy virtue.

I'll know he's a man when he stops laughing during sex scenes on the telly and becomes intensely silent.

Cheers - I'll get them tested post haste.

Anyway I'm here to moan like f**k and see if what I do is normal or if my wife is ripping the pish....

As mentioned I've got 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl. My concern is kids clubs and the ridiculous costs involved - particularly with the young lass....

The boys all do the same clubs but with a slight variation depending on age.

Oldest - Football, Cubs, Karate, Swimming

Middle - Football, Beavers, Karate, Swimming

Youngest - Football, Beavers, Karate, Swimming

Daughter - Gymnastics, Contemporary Dancing, Karate, Swimming.

My gripe is - do they really need to do all of these clubs? I always thought they would start a few, settle on 1 or 2 and then the others would drop off but they all love every one of their clubs and are all competing in everything except swimming., which we are going to stop when the youngest is fully competent in the water to save his life should he need to.

Between all this I have 0 nights or days a week with no club so every night I get in from work at 5:30PM / 6PM and promptly run about all over Dundee (and St. Andrews!) until usually about 8PM before I get home to bath and bed the kids. Weekends are a blur until 1PM Saturday and 3PM Sunday. I should add my wife is doing the same although is at Uni/Placement rather than working - my gripe is not that I should do less and her more - we both chose to have 4 kids (well 3 really but whatever) so I know we can't expect a quiet life but this seems a bit much?

The other killer is the cost - I'm currently shelling out just under £800 a month on subscriptions alone - that is to say no gear (football boots, Karate ghee's, Beavers jumpers, Leotards, training gear etc)

I keep telling my Mrs they need to drop a club each - particularly now my daughter has started competing at dancing - to give you a flavor in the next 3 weeks she will be competing in Edinburgh, Newcastle then London. Her dancing outfit we bought 2nd hand for £350 - so in and of itself it's a very expensive pastime. My Mrs isn't up for it though, and guilts me by saying stuff like they should have every opportunity we can give them, let them decide, all their friends do it etc etc...

Is the above normal or is it too much? I honestly don't know and don't want to come across as the shitey dad who stopped the clubs?!

All I've taken from that post is that you must be fucking minted! 4 bairns, able to fork out £800 for luxury items and a student to keep. You on the game?!

post-12169-14561362237122_thumb.jpg

^^^ Deefiant IMO :lol:

Sat for a good 15 minutes yesterday evening with the wee man pishing himself laughing at the funny faces and noises I was making. I had forgotten just how brilliant it is when they start reacting to things like that.

His sister got in on the act as well and she was howling laughing at him as well.

Sat for a good 15 minutes yesterday evening with the wee man pishing himself laughing at the funny faces and noises I was making. I had forgotten just how brilliant it is when they start reacting to things like that.

His sister got in on the act as well and she was howling laughing at him as well.

Probably one of those rare occasions where "literally" would be correct.

I mind the days when the wean would let me know he'd had enough of me blowing raspberries on his tummy by dropping a steaming load in his nappy.

Oh, the memories :green

Are you sure it was his belly button you were blowing raspberries into?

Up to 99, picked up the latest recruit from another thread

Reading Saintee -1
Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 3 (Shuggie_Murray7)
lightscamera - 2
nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 1
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
K.T. (Kid Twist) - 1
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 2
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

banana - 2

carpetmonster - 1

Deefiant - 3

SlipperyP - 2

Ando - 3

Penny Lane - 1

Sweet Pete - 1

bambino7 -1 + 1/2

Anonymous Spider - 1

Glen Medeiros - 1

Scotty79 - 2/3

Rugster - 1/2

Aberdeen Warrior - 1/2

Running total - 83 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Archie - 1

Grand total - 99 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Who's going to get us to 100?

We are due our first on May 11th .

We've deliberately kept the sex a surprise and are currently coming up with a list of names individually to then compare. Only problem with this is I'm really struggling to come up with a boy's name I actually like. How did everybody come up with names for their kids?

Reading Saintee -1
Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 3 (Shuggie_Murray7)
lightscamera - 2
nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 1
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
K.T. (Kid Twist) - 1
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 2
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

banana - 2

carpetmonster - 1

Deefiant - 3

SlipperyP - 2

Ando - 3

Penny Lane - 1

Sweet Pete - 1

bambino7 -1 + 1/2

Anonymous Spider - 1

Glen Medeiros - 1

Scotty79 - 2/3

Rugster - 1/2

Aberdeen Warrior - 1/2

LoonsYouthTeam - 2/3

Running total - 83 + 3 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Archie - 1

Grand total - 99 + 3 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Who's going to get us to 100?

We've deliberately kept the sex a surprise and are currently coming up with a list of names individually to then compare. Only problem with this is I'm really struggling to come up with a boy's name I actually like. How did everybody come up with names for their kids?

Congratulations.

Regarding names, suggest a few yourself - there are plenty of Baby Names books - and then agree with whatever your wife wants.

I found boys names easier than girls. My son has the Gaelic version of my dad's name. Middle daughter her dad chose. Third was meant to be Anna or Annie but didn't suit them when she came out. Midwife had mentioned her daughters name during labour and I really liked it. None the of their names are dyslexic friendly though!

Ask a teacher. There's barely a name they'll not have heard and they'll be able to tell you how your child will behave in future.

Don't I bloody well know it, married to one and choosing baby names was a nightmare.

Congratulations.

Regarding names, suggest a few yourself - there are plenty of Baby Names books - and then agree with whatever your wife wants.

We got a baby name book but it seemed more towards edgy or unusual ones rather than anything normal. But you're right, I'm sure she'll come up with something I'm not keen on so we'll compromise and go with her choice.

I found boys names easier than girls. My son has the Gaelic version of my dad's name. Middle daughter her dad chose. Third was meant to be Anna or Annie but didn't suit them when she came out. Midwife had mentioned her daughters name during labour and I really liked it. None the of their names are dyslexic friendly though!

Aye, quite like the idea of a Gaelic name but never considered checking the Gaelic equivalent of some other names so that's worth a look, cheers! Definitely keen to wait until we see baby to ensure it suits.

Ask a teacher. There's barely a name they'll not have heard and they'll be able to tell you how your child will behave in future.

Ha ha, aye my sister is currently on placement at a Primary school, some horrific names and horrifically behaved kids!

Cheers for the advice folks, think I'm just mumping about it because I'm not allowed Gary Jnr