Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Pie And Bov

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

DavidMcG

DavidMcG

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,374 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
When did this forum first begin? How did it start? What sub forums were there at the beginning? What were some of the first topics? Who was first few members?

chico

chico

Dry.

• Gold Members
  • 14,010 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

When did this forum first begin? How did it start? What sub forums were there at the beginning? What were some of the first topics? Who was first few members?

it started in 2003 i think.
St Mirren FC

2012/2013 Scottish League Cup Winners

2005/2006 Scottish Football League Champions & League Challenge Cup Winners.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Renfrewshire FA Cup Winners

Reynard

Reynard

single handedly won the referendum for no

• Gold Members
  • 40,315 posts

Number 30 :D

All the old posters off Scottish Football Online joined here en masse when Div took it over.

"this movement is going nowhere" Martin Compston Oct 2014

A rare bit of honesty from a defeated yesser <_<

chico

chico

Dry.

• Gold Members
  • 14,010 posts

Number 30 :D

All the old posters off Scottish Football Online joined here en masse when Div took it over.

<_< not wholly by choice. SFO website was shagged at that point and had a few attacks on made on it's reliabilty, putting it offline for periods of time. certainly P&B was a lifeline for a dying website.
St Mirren FC

Reynard

Reynard

single handedly won the referendum for no

• Gold Members
  • 40,315 posts

<_< not wholly by choice. SFO website was shagged at that point and had a few attacks on made on it's reliabilty, putting it offline for periods of time. certainly P&B was a lifeline for a dying website.

Well the two forums ran together briefly. But most folk did bail out onto here. SFO was often down. Wasn't it Fraser that ran it? Does he come on here now? Think he was a fairly young kid when he started SFO.

"this movement is going nowhere" Martin Compston Oct 2014

A rare bit of honesty from a defeated yesser <_<

chico

chico

Dry.

• Gold Members
  • 14,010 posts
i think fraser had got a job in the press about a year before SFO finally died and to be fair the site lasted out pretty much unmoderated for a good while before the problems started. dunno if it was hacked like the old saints guestbook, but it went down strangely a good few times.

the migration of the sfo posters gave p&b a good start
St Mirren FC

xbl

xbl

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 43,711 posts

Well the two forums ran together briefly. But most folk did bail out onto here. SFO was often down. Wasn't it Fraser that ran it? Does he come on here now? Think he was a fairly young kid when he started SFO.

Fraser lost interest when I started posting on the old SFO, it was Iain (Ayr fan who posts on and off) who had a big role in keeping things together in its last year. It really started to go downhill when the St. Mirren scummers started to spam the place, and slightly poisoned the good nature bonhomie that SFO had. After that, there were reliability issues, moderation problems, this and that, and it went downhill.

I had to stop posting on there for a while due to lack of internet, and when I was next around, most people had migrated here! Its always nice to see the old names popping up though. Some of the better posters on this site are SFO veterans. :D

YER SISTERS YER MAW

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The Great One

• Gold Members
  • 9,171 posts
  • My Team:Hamilton Academical
Just out of curiousity,i was wondering if Div or any of the mods have access to these facts....
How many members does the site have?

A list accounting to member numbers of each team on the site? I know this one will be difficult as some posters use "Other" when selecting favourite team but no harm in asking.

Hamilton Academical FC-Masters in the art of tiki-taka football, Season-2014/15  
ncyumq.gif

Gaz

Gaz

I'm a bit of an expert at these things, you know.

• Gold Members
  • 20,892 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
  • Gamertag:Gazcobain
There are currently 14,108 members on the site, although not all of them will post.

Remember the Donald dewer statue in Glasgow was on a lower plinth and they had to move it higher due to folk tampering with it? It was being reported on BBC reporting Scotland and they showed cctv footage. The footage was me and my mate pretending to have a threesome with it. Nearly choked on my super noodles that night when the news came on

YER SISTERS YER MAW

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The Great One

• Gold Members
  • 9,171 posts

There are currently 14,108 members on the site, although not all of them will post.

I thought inactive members were deleted from the site after a certain amount of time without posting?

ncyumq.gif

Gaz

Gaz

• Gold Members
  • 20,892 posts

I thought inactive members were deleted from the site after a certain amount of time without posting?

The main page actually says 10,265 members. But if you click on the "Members" tab (top right) it has 521 pages with 20 folk a page (and the last page has only 8 folk), so that's 10,108. Dunno where the discrepancy comes from.

Div deleted a whole lot of folk last year that hadn't posted in 6 months (or something like that).

There are shitloads of folk that sign up and don't post. I'd say that, taking into account aliai, there's no more than a a couple of thousand regular posters.

No idea who has the most supporters but I think us, St Mirren and Clyde used to be the three most popular.

Edited by Gaz, 10 November 2008 - 00:35.

Remember the Donald dewer statue in Glasgow was on a lower plinth and they had to move it higher due to folk tampering with it? It was being reported on BBC reporting Scotland and they showed cctv footage. The footage was me and my mate pretending to have a threesome with it. Nearly choked on my super noodles that night when the news came on

YER SISTERS YER MAW

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The Great One

• Gold Members
  • 9,171 posts

The main page actually says 10,265 members. But if you click on the "Members" tab (top right) it has 521 pages with 20 folk a page (and the last page has only 8 folk), so that's 10,108. Dunno where the discrepancy comes from.

Div deleted a whole lot of folk last year that hadn't posted in 6 months (or something like that).

There are shitloads of folk that sign up and don't post. I'd say that, taking into account aliai, there's no more than a a couple of thousand regular posters.

No idea who has the most supporters but I think us, St Mirren and Clyde used to be the three most popular.

I would say St Mirren,Dundee then Falkirk.I think Accies have good numbers also considering our shite support.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW, 10 November 2008 - 00:38.

ncyumq.gif

GeeJay

GeeJay

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • My Team:Queen's Park
Using the 'toggle more options' button on the members sections you can search by team supported if you want to work out what team has the most members.

I'd go with St Mirren at a guess.

Gaz

Gaz

• Gold Members
  • 20,892 posts

Using the 'toggle more options' button on the members sections you can search by team supported if you want to work out what team has the most members.

I'd go with St Mirren at a guess.

Didn't know you could do that.

Falkirk - 397
St Mirren - 517
Dundee - 329

Ayrgirl

Ayrgirl

Do you have the time...

• Platinum Members
  • 8,175 posts
  • My Team:Ayr United

Didn't know you could do that.

Falkirk - 397
St Mirren - 517
Dundee - 329

Rangers - 513

Celtic - 485

Unless you're assuming most of them are aliai.

Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars...

StewartyMac

StewartyMac

FM14 Addict

• Platinum Members
  • 29,357 posts
  • My Team:Stirling Albion
  • Gamertag:MacZidane
104 Albion fans.

Although I reckon only about 10-15 regularly post.

We didn't get any messages, and Blackadder definitely did not shoot this delicious plump breasted pigeon

YER SISTERS YER MAW

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The Great One

• Gold Members
  • 9,171 posts
220 members who support Accies! :o

ncyumq.gif

Ayrgirl

Ayrgirl

Do you have the time...

• Platinum Members
  • 8,175 posts
Ayr United - 286

YER SISTERS YER MAW

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The Great One

• Gold Members
  • 9,171 posts

Ayr United - 286

Aw naw,beat by a 2nd division outfit.The shame. :ph34r:

ncyumq.gif

RiG

RiG

Shinniesta

• Gold Members
  • 14,538 posts
  • My Team:Inverness Caley Thistle
110 ICT fans :mellow:

The people of Inverness doesn't deserve such a well run, currently very good football team. The place is filled with OF supporting fat c**t b*****ds who would rather sit in places like Lauders and The Keg on a saturday afternoon and finger their arseholes and watch Sky Sports News hoping their scummy team wins for the hundrenth time in a row.

#HughesOut

qpsnapper

qpsnapper

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,547 posts
  • My Team:Queen's Park
88 for the QP, although that does include Watty Arnott whom, I suspect, may not really support us.

Guest_Ally's honest man_*

Guest_Ally's honest man_*
  • Surfer

Rangers - 513

Celtic - 485

Unless you're assuming most of them are aliai.

But doesnt everybody REALLY support one of the big two.

Andy C

Andy C

• Platinum Members
  • 14,629 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers
297 Raith fans on here apparently.

Raith Against The Machine

Raith Against The Machine

Renegades

• Gold Members
  • 15,099 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers

297 Raith fans on here apparently.

117 East Fife fans...

Not that that means anything, you understand.

"It was he who kept me sane later, when things got bad with Amin: amazing how you can get everything in perspective, even a dictator, when you hear just a single mention of Raith Rovers."

Pink Freud

Pink Freud

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 11,801 posts

Fraser lost interest when I started posting on the old SFO, it was Iain (Ayr fan who posts on and off) who had a big role in keeping things together in its last year. It really started to go downhill when the St. Mirren scummers started to spam the place, and slightly poisoned the good nature bonhomie that SFO had. After that, there were reliability issues, moderation problems, this and that, and it went downhill.

I had to stop posting on there for a while due to lack of internet, and when I was next around, most people had migrated here! Its always nice to see the old names popping up though. Some of the better posters on this site are SFO veterans. :D

You were xbasslichtie, right? Just checking. And there was a Dunfermline fan called Scotsdude, right? And this is the SFO that had "good natured bonhomie" that existed prior to being poisoned, right?

Nah, different site, my apologies. :D

I hate windfarms, me.

BerwickMad

BerwickMad

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,123 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers
233 with Berwick as their team on here. More than were at the game in the home end on Saturday! :lol:

Nearly every drama at our club in the past 5 years has been played out over here. Posts from xbl on here were stuck up around the dressing room as motivation for our players in the promotion game with Arbroath a couple years back. Directors even use it to put the club up for sale. :blink:

BRFC 1881

pollymac

pollymac

Good guy

• Gold Members
  • 10,687 posts
  • My Team:Celtic

But doesnt everybody REALLY support one of the big two.

Depending on who you speak to, everybody supports both of them. Just ask H_B; he's a diddy fan, ***** and one of Attila's mob, depending on who he's speaking to within the OF forum.

Thatís their problem, although I cannot say iím not enjoying whatís happening to them.

There are probably one or two people out there enjoying it

wawp-wawp-wawp-waaaawwwwwwwpppppp!

pollymac

pollymac

Good guy

• Gold Members
  • 10,687 posts
  • My Team:Celtic

You were xbasslichtie, right? Just checking. And there was a Dunfermline fan called Scotsdude, right? And this is the SFO that had "good natured bonhomie" that existed prior to being poisoned, right?

Nah, different site, my apologies. :D

Lol, the irrepressible Scotsfud.

Thatís their problem, although I cannot say iím not enjoying whatís happening to them.

There are probably one or two people out there enjoying it

wawp-wawp-wawp-waaaawwwwwwwpppppp!

davidkennedyshand

davidkennedyshand

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • 3,076 posts
My main memorey of SFO was a lot of arguing about stadiums.

We were a 1st Division side when that website was going :(

Ayrgirl

Ayrgirl

Do you have the time...

• Platinum Members
  • 8,175 posts

Aw naw,beat by a 2nd division outfit.The shame. :ph34r:

Just like last season then ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users