Chris Iwelumo

Myers

I've been eager to see Iwelumo called up since he began banging them in for Colchester two seasons ago in the Championship. He has more skill and technical ability that Boyd that's for sure. McCormack should get a chance too but I'd never pick O'Connor again, he doesn't want to travel to places like Ukraine and Macedonia so deliberatley gets suspended or fakes an injury. He's done nothing for years anyway.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Good call up imo, he's definitely on form at club level. Norway have a big physical squad, I'm not saying make the game an aerial battle but a player with his strength is a welcome addition.

Good call up imo, he's definitely on form at club level. Norway have a big physical squad, I'm not saying make the game an aerial battle but a player with his strength is a welcome addition.

Just watching him on Goals on Sunday and they're showing his goals this season - he's fukkin awesome in the air so get him in

Just watching him on Goals on Sunday and they're showing his goals this season - he's fukkin awesome in the air so get him in

I've said it many times before but I saw him being dominated by a 5'10 left back playing out of position at Barnet.

He looks to be in better form but I'd hate to see him turn in another stinker like that while on international duty.

I seen him on goals on sunday as well, came across as a really decent guy, C'MON SCOTLAND

I met him on holiday in May, and played against him in the hotel 11-a-side. Thoroughly decent guy who was just another holidaymaker playing football. No big "I'm a pro footballer" ego at all.

• 6 years later...

See the big fella has retired:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29817482

Shame he never managed to make up for that miss. But he's become a bit of a cult figure because of it.

Have always felt he was harshly judged on that. The ball hit off him and could have gone anywhere. Still can't believe he missed it mind you.

Archived