Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

If you have a decent crowd in any ground you will get a decent atmosphere. I don't buy this theory that older stadiums have better atmospheres.

well you don't know much then.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SavotheGreat
I know that.

Do you know that he doesn't know that you do know that you don't know very much?

Its a private company. The directors have the power to block any sale of shares they want!

Even if one person took all the shares, they would still be a minority shareholder as the capital base of Morton is pretty large as our losses over the last 6/7 years have all been converted to shares. From that perspective we are a very well funded club.

So how does this work when it's not a PLC? What is Morton FC valued at?

The board of Directors would have to invite you onto the board. Bit of a closed shop just now i would imagine.

A tactical nuclear bomb is what that shithole needs

A hope of survival is what your shitey mob need.

Now f**k off and talk pish about something else you know nothing about.

this is a wee bit sad. cappilows one of the few traditional grounds that's not been re-constructed too much.

are we losing a part of scottish football heritage if they do it up?

this is a wee bit sad. cappilows one of the few traditional grounds that's not been re-constructed too much.

are we losing a part of scottish football heritage if they do it up?

Inclined to agree.

Despite it perhaps lacking modern facilities, I like going to Cappielow. I like the Wee Dublin End and the terracing, its a real traditional ground.

Great news for Morton and shows ambition, but still sad that the terraces look like they could be going.

Morton are a private Limited company which means that their shares are not traded on any stock market. It also means that they cannot advertise shares for sale to the general public. If however, they are approached by an individual, there is nothing to prevent the directors selling him some shares if they agree a price. The share issue will be offered to existing shareholders but the fact that it is happenings means that a lot of non shareholders will approach the club and the directors will be perfectly entitled to sell them some shares.

Downside for an indivdual is that there is no way to easily sell your shares once you are in so its not really an investment as such unless the club is sold lock stock and barrel.

From an SPL viewpoint I'm quite happy to see that. Morton are a club with a lot of potential and a large fanbase, the support you brought to our cup game a couple of years ago empasises that. You have a decent coaching staff and some good players so you seem to be progressing in the right manner.

Plus I would love you to come up and become a better team than your rivals at St Mingers..... anything to get something over them....

Good luck to you. :)

StMirren 3 - 1 Motherwell - 19 January 2008

Motherwell 1 - 1 Stmirren - 03 November 2007

StMirren 0 - 1 Motherwell - 04 August 2007

StMirren 3 - 2 Motherwell - 12 May 2007

Motherwell 0 - 0 StMirren - 04 November 2006

StMirren 2 - 0 Motherwell - 05 August 2006

SrMirren 3 - 0 Motherwell - 07 January 2006

Yeah were so bad you've beat us once in the last 3 years and we've beat 4 time in 8 games.

Morton a better team than us HAHAHAH!

I would suggest its more of an attitude issue. It also depends on where you are sitting IMO. I've been to cappielow twice this year and its just as quiet as any other quarter filled ground.

I've no idea how the sound carries to the main stand from the shed, as the shed was closed when I last sat there. I was in the WDE three times in the 03-04 season, and the noise from the shed was deafening at times. The crowds for those games were between 3000 and 4000.

My theory is that it's the old style sloping roof that creates decent volume, rather then the ground being terraced. The north bank at Love Street can also be fecking noisy, despite being seated.

In modern stadia, the roofs don't enclose the stand below, allowing the nose to drift away. In terms of attidude, I'd suggest that it's the increased nose comeing from an old terrace in the first place than inspires the away end to sing at the top of their voices. The crowd being right on top of the pitch helps too.

Tynecastle is probably the only modern ground that retains a bit of atmosphere.

I'd suggest that's due to our general pishness last season. I'm sure it was a Saintee who was complimenting the "intensity" of the atmosphere during the CC tie a couple of years back. SaintSam I believe.

Indeed - the home crowd were a 12th man for Morton that night.

However, I've been to various near capacity games at McDiarmid Park and would say the atmosphere was every bit as good as anything I've experienced at these smaller, older grounds. Places like McDiarmid Park need to be full to generate an atmosphere, but it's not something so important as for me to wish we played at a ground like Somerset Park instead as we all know how much money St.Johnstone generate from McDiarmid Park.

Fill Hampden Park with 2000 of even the noisiest supporters and it'll be like a funeral. Fill it with 50,000 people and it'll be amazing. The best atmosphere I've ever experienced in my time as a Saints fan was at Tynecastle when we played Hibs in the cup there in 2007. It was out of this world.

Indeed - the home crowd were a 12th man for Morton that night.

However, I've been to various near capacity games at McDiarmid Park and would say the atmosphere was every bit as good as anything I've experienced at these smaller, older grounds. Places like McDiarmid Park need to be full to generate an atmosphere, but it's not something so important as for me to wish we played at a ground like Somerset Park instead as we all know how much money St.Johnstone generate from McDiarmid Park.

Fill Hampden Park with 2000 of even the noisiest supporters and it'll be like a funeral. Fill it with 50,000 people and it'll be amazing. The best atmosphere I've ever experienced in my time as a Saints fan was at Tynecastle when we played Hibs in the cup there in 2007. It was out of this world.

That will be why the atmosphere is always sh*t then!! :lol::lol:

From an SPL viewpoint I'm quite happy to see that. Morton are a club with a lot of potential and a large fanbase, the support you brought to our cup game a couple of years ago empasises that. You have a decent coaching staff and some good players so you seem to be progressing in the right manner.

Plus I would love you to come up and become a better team than your rivals at St Mingers..... anything to get something over them....

Good luck to you. :)

Buddie fans getting to you that badly on the SPL forum eh?

Shake it off lad, shake it off.

Archived