Most Goals You've Seen Your Team Score/concede In 1 Game

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, for all we're a diddy team, we've had some corkers over the years.

Albion 6-2 Caley, Scottish Cup, 89

Qos 0-7 Albion, Div 2, 96

Albion 6-2 Killie, League Cup, 97

To name but three.

And of course the 20-0 game.

That said, we've been on the end of few hammerings as well. The wee team long the road fluked seven against us back in 98, but for me, the worst was Stirling 0-6 Falkirk around 98. Some wag has it on You Tube now, and it brought back some horrible memories. :(

Saw us score 9 (won 9-1) @ Scapa last season :)

Think the most I've seen us concede is 5, in a cup game v Killie @ Scapa, about 96 or 97?

Thankfully i missed the hypothermia-inducing game v Aberdeen where we got absolutely horsed in extra time. In fairness, 'watching' the game on teletext was possibly more painful...

Thankfully i missed the hypothermia-inducing game v Aberdeen where we got absolutely horsed in extra time. In fairness, 'watching' the game on teletext was possibly more painful...

Actually you missed a classic - from 0-2 (and going nowhere) with ten minutes to go to be suddenly 3-2 up with only stoppage time left was hilarious, and the Dons fans started to drift.

Now if only Peter Cormack had hauled Dodds down a few seconds earlier....

A sub (Windass) scoring 4 in extra time is not something you'll see every day either, and all fans applauded the teams off at the end, such was the entertainment.

Guest SavotheGreat

We put 7 past Dundee on New Years day 1997.

Yes, 7.

The final score was 7-2.

Dundee are shite :lol:

Most scored - 9-1 Vs Forfar last season.

Most conceded - 2-5 Vs Killie in the Scottish Cup in 1997.

Part-timer :lol: How could you have missed so many horsings over the years?

• 7 years later...

That was December 1987. On the Saturday we won 6-0 at Falkirk (Coyne 2, Wright 2, Manley 2 (2 ogs!). I made a late decision to go, and enjoyed it hugely. Then on the Wednesday we won 7-1 at Morton, (Coyne 3, Wright 2, Harvey, Brown - I think).

In 86/87 we scored 100 goals in league and cup games. We beat St Mirren 6-3 at Dens in December. I can't remember the scorers - but Tommy Coyne made his debut and he didn't get a single one, though Jim Duffy did. Then on the last day of the season we humped the Accies 7-3 at Dens (Wright 3, Shannon, Brown, Coyne, Harvey?). That's the most I've seen in a game.

Wright & Coyne were a class act for us in those days. I think I'm right in saying that Tommy Coyne was the Premier Division's top scorer over a three or four season period for Dundee and Celtic, ahead of Ally McCoist.

As for the worst hiding I've seen, that was 6-2 at home to Celtic in 1983 - but we were cheered up by Cammy Fraser taking spectacular revenge on Davie Provan who'd punched the 18 year old Tosh McKinlay off the ball, right in front of the South Enclosure. Fraser hammered Provan so hard the permed prat did a full somersault and landed on his back. A straight red, but the game was lost, and it was worth it. Cammy was half way to the tunnel before the ref found his cards.

The Falkirk match was 6-1 It was at the time teams met 3 times a season. Dundee had a good team then, won 6-1 at Brockville 2-0 at Dens and here's the funny part, Falkirks manager at the time was George Miller who on the eve of the 3rd game at Brockville was quoted in the local press saying. Whatever happens tomorrow we won't lose 6-1, we didn't we lost 8-0 !!

Saw Falkirk beating Airdrie 8-0 at Brockville.

I think some away fans had marched from Airdrie for the match, as a protest against their board.

Not sure if they walked back though !

Seen Falkirk lose 6 goals on many occasions. Dundee, Hamilton, Clyde come to mind.

We've lost 7 and 8 in the recent past but I missed these games thankfully.

Cup: Alloa 9-0 v Selkirk

League: Alloa 8-1 v Elgin

Not sure of the highest aggregate I've seen but my dad was at the Alloa 7 - 5 Queens Park game in the early 60's. he thinks we were 5-2 down at half-time although not entirely sure

Cup was last season against Queens' Park where we scored 6. In the league, it would've been any of an assortment of 5-0 wins. One which stands out was when Brian Graham was scoring when he wanted, and we played Morton at home. 1-0 at half time turned into a 5-0 riot.

As for losses, I remember losing 5-0 to Morton at Cappielow in the pissing rain, while Scotland lost in Wales too under Burley.

Archived