The Royal Wee-U

dirty dingus

In the light of the win by brexit with their taking the country back from un-elected figure heads, will they now be fighting to get rid of the monarchy and the house of lords and fighting for independence for the commonwealth? Farage touring Polynesia sounds a brill fly on the wall documentary.

Your Commonwealth comment makes no sense . Neither The Queen   nor the H.O.L can make laws.

However I hope the H.O.L. is the next target in this revolution.

The monarchy is one of  the UK's  USP's and so is  probably good for the economy.

Independent Scotland doesn't have to recognise the monarchy or the House of Lords but slimeball Salmond was all for keeping the Queen last time.

Scotland isn't independent last time I checked, so answer the question should brexit voters push to get rid of our un-elected head of state?

Your Commonwealth comment makes no sense . Neither The Queen   nor the H.O.L can make laws.

However I hope the H.O.L. is the next target in this revolution.

The monarchy is one of  the UK's  USP's and so is  probably good for the economy.

Doesn't make laws but still has royal assent to block them, same goes for the commonwealth same applies.

Scotland isn't independent last time I checked, so answer the question should brexit voters push to get rid of our un-elected head of state?

I've no objection but you might find England might hence the reference to Scotland.

Independent Scotland doesn't have to recognise the monarchy or the House of Lords but slimeball Salmond was all for keeping the Queen last time.

Salmond isn't a Monarchist, let's remember he's an old 79 club-er. He only adopted that to be appear more moderate to Liz-loving morons (imagine wanting to elect your head of state-how dangerously radical).

Sturgeon kind of does the same.

When the old boot dies it will be another crisis for the Britnat unionists.

Salmond isn't a Monarchist, let's remember he's an old 79 club-er. He only adopted that to be appear more moderate to Liz-loving morons (imagine wanting to elect your head of state-how dangerously radical).

Exactly.

There are a lot of people in favour of the current Queen who are not full-blown monarchists.

Really? http://www.theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2011/may/25/alexsalmond-queen

Alex Salmond, the first minister of Scotland, has just given a gushing interview about the Queen in which he raises an intriguing prospect. The SNP leader tells Prospect magazine that an independent Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state while England would be better off as a republic.

Salmond indicated some time ago that an independent Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state. But the increasingly assertive – and mischievous – Salmond suggests that Scotland would be more confident than England about holding onto the monarchy because it takes a different approach to social class.

Prospect has just issued a press release about Salmond's interview with James Macintyre, the magazine's politics editor:

"There is a better case for an English republic than a Scottish one," he says. Mainstream Scotland, in his view, is not anti-monarchy, because the royals don't define a Scots class structure as they do in England. "I'm not saying Scotland is a classless society," he says, "but I still think inequalities in Scotland are not generally linked to the monarchy."

Salmond said he loved the royal wedding, which he attended, because it broke the traditional "English reserve" and ushered in a "carnival-like atmosphere" which he likens to Hogmanay. He says he "missed a trick" after failing to plaster Edinburgh in royal colours:"

:lol:

Really? http://www.theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2011/may/25/alexsalmond-queen

Alex Salmond, the first minister of Scotland, has just given a gushing interview about the Queen in which he raises an intriguing prospect. The SNP leader tells Prospect magazine that an independent Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state while England would be better off as a republic.

Salmond indicated some time ago that an independent Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state. But the increasingly assertive – and mischievous – Salmond suggests that Scotland would be more confident than England about holding onto the monarchy because it takes a different approach to social class.

Prospect has just issued a press release about Salmond's interview with James Macintyre, the magazine's politics editor:

"There is a better case for an English republic than a Scottish one," he says. Mainstream Scotland, in his view, is not anti-monarchy, because the royals don't define a Scots class structure as they do in England. "I'm not saying Scotland is a classless society," he says, "but I still think inequalities in Scotland are not generally linked to the monarchy."

Salmond said he loved the royal wedding, which he attended, because it broke the traditional "English reserve" and ushered in a "carnival-like atmosphere" which he likens to Hogmanay. He says he "missed a trick" after failing to plaster Edinburgh in royal colours:"

:lol:

Yeh, we can pretty much ignore all of that though...

...because you said that Salmond is a liar.

Here's your chance though;

Is he truthful to a fault or a blatant liar?

Probably time to decide which argument is more important to you to win, eh? 😂

Yeh, we can pretty much ignore all of that though...

...because you said that Salmond is a liar.

Here's your chance though;

Is he truthful to a fault or a blatant liar?

Probably time to decide which argument is more important to you to win, eh?

I thought it was obvious that Salmond was taking the mickey in that interview.  :rolleyes:

Archived