IRN-BRU Cup First Round Draw

Jaggy Snake

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts u20s at home, can already see the crowds coming in there masses for this one

What a fucking joke, record low crowd me thinks

Hope the club price this match accordingly. imo £5 to £10 max. Anything more than this and I agree with you regarding the crowd size. Wonder if they will open up the East Stand for the massive Hearts support. Also will they play the first team squad or make it a mixture of first team and Under 20`s for this game ?

Brora Rangers at home.

B'Jesus.

It'd only be a better draw if it was away in my eyes. But it'll be a good chance to see some old Staggie favourites at least. And a chance to boo Ross Tokely again.

Wait, has Tokely left Brora? He's not on website squad list. Oh well, never mind, awful waste of time.

It'd only be a better draw if it was away in my eyes. But it'll be a good chance to see some old Staggie favourites at least. And a chance to boo Ross Tokely again.

Wait, has Tokely left Brora? He's not on website squad list. Oh well, never mind, awful waste of time.

He was working in Angola last I heard.

Say what you want but this has caused a bit of a buzz around my office at least.

I work with a couple of cove fans so ties in nicely for me - not sure they have a ground yet tbf but I'm sure that'll be sorted.

Hope the club price this match accordingly. imo £5 to £10 max. Anything more than this and I agree with you regarding the crowd size. Wonder if they will open up the East Stand for the massive Hearts support. Also will they play the first team squad or make it a mixture of first team and Under 20`s for this game ?

Can see us treating it like a friendly and playing a team mixed with first teamers and u20s

Actually seeing the fixtures involving the u20 sides hits home how tragic this situation is.

This! Seeing that draw in black and white really emphasisis how sh*t and pointes it is.

Other than Formartine, who might get a decent crowd, can't see much excitement in that draw. Will be interested to see how the U20's do though, if they all get papped out it won't add much to the credibility of this.

Just cut and paste from my comment on Clyde thread, not spending any more time on this garbage:

Utter utter Pish; agree with all others play our 20's. Not that I will be bothered no way will I be going to this!

Most patronising thing is that those idiots in charge don't even understand why we are all so upset and annoyed by this. B Teams coming next mark my words!

Other than Formartine, who might get a decent crowd, can't see much excitement in that draw. Will be interested to see how the U20's do though, if they all get papped out it won't add much to the credibility of this.

On the other hand if they progress deeper into the competition at the expense of proper clubs it won't add to the credibility either? As noted, it will only take 2 wins for the likes of Hearts 'B', Dundee 'B', Rangers 'B', Celtic 'B' etc. to potentially find themself playing Hibs, Dundee Utd and so on. Hamilton Accies 'B' finished 2nd in the SPFL Development League and have drawn the weakest LL qualifier.

In crowd terms you imagine Berwick-Spartans and East Stirlingshire-Montrose should get OK crowds, also Formartine-Aberdeen 'B'.

Celtic 'B' v Annan and Rangers 'B' v Stirling Uni - probably at provincial venues - will have big crowds predicted, but who knows. Stirling Uni only get a few dozen at home so mightn't take many away on the first midweek in August, long before the term resumes.

Archived