Gordon Strachan

Elixir

He failed his one and only job.

He doesn't have the backing of the fans.

He's deluded.

He's ginger.

His time is up. Time to go Strachan.

Might not on here. But would say overall he's most definitely got the backing of the fans.

Eta: might do on here as well tbf. Always the angry folk that shout the loudest. :ph34r:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might not on here. But would say overall he's most definitely got the backing of the fans.

Eta: might do on here as well tbf. Always the angry folk that shout the loudest. :ph34r:

I'm not angry, I just know mediocrity when I see it. It's unacceptable. If Iceland with a population the size of Aberdeen can make the last 16 of the Euros then why is it too much to expect us to qualify every now and then?

Strachans task was to qualify. He failed. Anyone else who fails to meet performance targets at work has to, at the very least, answer for their failures.

'Sorry boss, I didn't have the tools to do the job and we were really unlucky' wouldn't wash anywhere else so why is it acceptable for the SFA?

Wait, is Strachan bring criticised because he has talked up the players or because he has talked down the players?

Not once has he ever talked our squad up. He has no belief in Scotland. He needs to f**k off.

Not once has he ever talked our squad up. He has no belief in Scotland. He needs to f**k off.

He just said that we were better than some of the teams at the Euros. I think he's probably right. He also said that we lack a world class player like Bale. I think he's definitely right.

Wondered how long it would take for some TA fools to justify yet again how "hard" our qualifying group was just because Ireland somehow managed to sneak through.....only for the same rubbish to be repeated in 2 years time when we will yet again fail to make it through.

Anyone who thinks we will finish 2nd in the next campaign with the Management and present squad we have is smoking something hence why we should just write it off now and use it as a tool to get experience for the younger players coming through.

The latest news today is the fool Strachan is going to speak to SFA about McCalls replacement, be yet another Yes Man Ex International who has no doubt been a failure elsewhere and who is completely out of touch with Modern Football..............Jobs for the boys as always, this is why we are so far behind even Northern Ireland

No voter found

Incorrect, strong yes voter. But stupid views like your own are the reason why a lot of the yes camp are looked at badly. Folk have their own reasons as to why they voted what they did and if you opened your eyes a bit you'd maybe respect that.

He just had 4 friendlies to look at ways to change things and the last two games we didnt even shoot at goal. There is nothing at all to suggest that we are improving under wgs. Since the croatia games we have deteriorated. The players arent great but a competent manager can mitigate for that as has been ably shown by some of the teams who have made the last 16. Have iceland git a better group of players? Clearly not. Had they an easier qualifying group? Certainly not. They did have a good manager though.....someone we rejected in favour of craig levein. We arent performing to potential under wgs. If we had ditched him after the Gibraltar game we could have had plenty of time to have a thorough recruitment process. Now it will most probably be a rush job in the middle of the qualifiers whilst we struggle to stay above lithuania.

Nobody can seriously say that countries like N.Ireland and the Republic have a better squad of players than us.  And yet they find themselves in the last 16 of the Euro's.  The reason behind their success is they both have a manager capable of getting the absolute best out of their players, managers who unlike Strachan dont spend their time moaning about the lack of a superstar in their team, they are able to work with and get the best out of what they have.  In comparison, Strachan by his own admission still doesn't know the best way to set us up in games.  He talks about progress being made, I see no progress whatsoever, only failure.  Not finishing third in the qualifying group, finishing only above Georgia and Gibraltar was a complete and utter failure and should have seen him sacked without hesitation.

The 'scenes' in Faro after the Gibraltar game, sum us up perfectly. We are a Nation who are happy to accept failure.  This 'another glorious failure' bullshit, nothing glorious about seeing every other home nation not only qualify but also make it through to the last 16.

And then there's the insistence of continuing to play the likes of Greer and Maloney, players who should have no future in our team whatsoever. 

The man should be punted right now, before he has the chance to f**k up another qualifying campaign. 

The problem we have in sacking Strachan is that the SFA are the ones charged with finding a competent replacement.  Given that this is the same SFA who not only appointed Craig Fucking Levein, but also decided not to bother contacting Lars Lagerback the last time we had a vacancy, despite Lagerback saying he'd be interested in the job, before plumping for the best Scottish manager that was out of work at that point, then I'm not entirely convinced that removing Strachan is the best option.

Remove the SFA, start again, remove Strachan if we must but we have larger problems than the guy in the dug-out.

When was the last time we played well under him? 2014?

This is kind of where I am at just now with him, if we have a good start (7 points out of 12 say) and look like a decent side and I'll sway back towards thinking he can do it, any less and were as well giving up this campaign, getting someone else in and focusing on seeing what a new man can bring to the table for 2020.

It's one result everybody is losing their shit over its embarrassing.

That's the nature of international management. One bad game can undermine everything and turn a campaign into a failure. That's why you can't afford one bad game.

He just said that we were better than some of the teams at the Euros. I think he's probably right. He also said that we lack a world class player like Bale. I think he's definitely right.

Yes, but by adding the point about a lack of world class players he's gone straight back into excuse mode and saying the squad isn't good enough, even after talking them up before that. He's essentially saying that if we had a couple of players on that level we'd be good enough to qualify and because we don't, we're not and our failure is nothing to do with him. Despite the fact a team with no players on that level finished above us in our group.

There's a debate to be had about whether it's worthy of sacking him because it did ultimately come down to one game, but the reason we aren't at this tournament is undeniably because Gordon Strachan didn't do his job well enough. He could turn it round in the next campaign, but as things stand Gordon Strachan is indisputably a failure as Scotland manager.

Strachan and the players failed at the task they were given. There was nothing 'glorious' about it, nor were we unlucky - the players failed to get the results required.

Whats frustrating now though is that Strachan seems to be on track to use all the same players that failed in the next qualifying campaign, rather than bring some new, younger players through (as shown in the meaningless friendlies against France and Italy). A lack of apparent quality isn't an excuse to use the same old players anymore - teams at Euro 2016 are showing us that you can get results with supposedly 'poor' players.

I'm also annoyed that he was given a new contract without any discussion on whether or not he should get one.

Guest DAVIDB69

To use the name of the moment will grigg who banged in 28 goals for Wigan can't get a game.

We are now at the stage where we pick championship players who aren't actually doing it for championship that's how far we have fallen strachan

Guest DAVIDB69

To use the name of the moment will grigg who banged in 28 goals for Wigan can't get a game for Northern Ireland

We are now at the stage where we pick championship players who aren't actually doing it for championship that's how far we have fallen strachan

To use the name of the moment will grigg who banged in 28 goals for Wigan can't get a game.

Jordan Rhodes scored 40 in one season in that league.

I feel the players attitudes must come into serious question too,in the main they've getting away with a lot of grief on here. Anytime I watch them I see a distinct lack of pride and fight in the dark blue jersey,it's just not good enough. You pull that dark blue jersey on you should be prepared to fight for it. Clapping and applauding these clowns isn't going to wash anymore,if they've let us down they should be booed and hounded off the park. They should be left in no doubt,it's not on anymore.

Archived